10 replies to this topic

#1 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 20:37

There are certain Creatures in this game that can only be killed by required items that are equipped. Fushiyoma (Super Elite) is one. "You require the item 'Longsword of Fate' equipped to be able to attack this creature." The Deepwater Kraken (Titan) is another. "You require the item 'Shin Yarin Longsword' equipped to be able to attack this creature." It even says so in there BIOS on the Wiki. It does not say so in the Guide. I think it should. There are other Creatures that require items to be equipped to be able to Attack, but their BIOS do not show the required item Warning. One such Creature is Tolson Karnas (Champion). It requires the Viper Strike Longsword to be equipped to be able to Attack it. The bio for this creature should be amended in the Wiki. Along with all such Creatures in the Guide. I believe that would be beneficial for all New players. As well as established players. Don't you think so?

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2016 - 20:50

Oh I was so disappointed when I saw this thread title, I thought it was going to be a moan. Then I read it and was pleasantly surprised.

I agree, for those that research the creatures beforehand, it should probably be evident in the guides that these creatures are immune to all weapons except a specific one.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#3 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 21:52

If  a player has kept and learned the recipes that go with those items it should be possible to make another one, if the original one was dropped.

I know you can make another Shin Yarin, and I have the recipe for the viper strike,  not sure about the long sword. I'll have to go read more.

Oh, now I know about the long sword of fate, lots of work involved in getting it. Takes a fist full of different swords.  Don't think I've done the quest yet, it's why I didn't recognize it faster.  But you might be able to make another one of those if you are willing to spend the time to collect the other swords.

Edited by Pythia, 24 April 2016 - 22:39.

#4 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 00:13

There are certain Creatures in this game that can only be killed by required items that are equipped. Fushiyoma (Super Elite) is one. "You require the item 'Longsword of Fate' equipped to be able to attack this creature." The Deepwater Kraken (Titan) is another. "You require the item 'Shin Yarin Longsword' equipped to be able to attack this creature." It even says so in there BIOS on the Wiki. It does not say so in the Guide. I think it should. There are other Creatures that require items to be equipped to be able to Attack, but their BIOS do not show the required item Warning. One such Creature is Tolson Karnas (Champion). It requires the Viper Strike Longsword to be equipped to be able to Attack it. The bio for this creature should be amended in the Wiki. Along with all such Creatures in the Guide. I believe that would be beneficial for all New players. As well as established players. Don't you think so?

+1

think this INFO should be added to the UFSG too :)

Edited by mary4ever, 25 April 2016 - 00:13.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#5 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 00:19

If  a player has kept and learned the recipes that go with those items it should be possible to make another one, if the original one was dropped.

I know you can make another Shin Yarin, and I have the recipe for the viper strike,  not sure about the long sword. I'll have to go read more.

Oh, now I know about the long sword of fate, lots of work involved in getting it. Takes a fist full of different swords.  Don't think I've done the quest yet, it's why I didn't recognize it faster.  But you might be able to make another one of those if you are willing to spend the time to collect the other swords.

For starters seems like you're not as knowledgeable as you think you are. The viper strike longsword is a quest reward. it is given to you from the quest after you turn in the item that is invented. So yes you can keep inventing the one item. however it's not the item that is needed to kill the monster for the quest. the viper strike longsword is an item that is rewarded to you in the quest Eternal Defiance that's needed to finish the Quest. apparently a new player posted in global chat this morning that he had dropped the sword "accidentally". this seems to happen more often than not. I just wanted people's opinions on what they thought about updating the guide. so that it shows any particular item that may be needed in order to slay a monster. you should do more research before you reply to questions that you don't know the answer to

Edited by cucullainn, 25 April 2016 - 00:55.

#6 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 00:24

+1

think this INFO should be added to the UFSG too :)

:-) TY

#7 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 00:32

The dropped Viper Strike Longsword shows up in chat on a regular basis. Perhaps add a drop confirmation to those items with a warning this item needed to kill x creature, are you sure? Little more work but I think it would be the most effective solution. Another idea would be to add a tag to the item description in the mouseover. Both of these would alert the player without requiring them to look at the item on Wiki or the guide.
The dropped Viper Strike Longsword shows up in chat on a regular basis. Perhaps add a drop confirmation to those items with a warning this item needed to kill x creature, are you sure? Little more work but I think it would be the most effective solution. Another idea would be to add a tag to the item description in the mouseover. Both of these would alert the player without requiring them to look at the item on Wiki or the guide.

Screenshot everything!

#8 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 00:40

+1

#9 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 23:57

Full on agree cucu. Nice post... wiki is player run so could be corrected... but I liked the post and hope it gets added to the UFSG to-do list. 

EDIT: might also cut down on costs at HCS via Support Ticket response. *wink, wink* Well, one could hope. ,oP

Edited by Egami, 26 April 2016 - 23:59.

#10 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:26

Yes agreed to all that is posted on this thread. I would like to add that if an item is needed to kill some unique character or global event there should be some description added to item and the guide is good place for searching these items catagory. I have found in quests at my level you need to save a lot of items and loosing one requires a ticket.  

I hope we could get a search category for these items needed to kill or finish killing certain creatures. ;)

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,875 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:02

There are other Creatures that require items to be equipped to be able to Attack, but their BIOS do not show the required item Warning. One such Creature is Tolson Karnas (Champion). It requires the Viper Strike Longsword to be equipped to be able to Attack it. The bio for this creature should be amended in the Wiki. Along with all such Creatures in the Guide. I believe that would be beneficial for all New players. As well as established players. Don't you think so?

Like. Added to the Update document.

Perhaps add a drop confirmation to those items with a warning this item needed to kill x creature, are you sure?

Also like. Added to the Update document.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: