Midnight at the Temple

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#1 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2005 - 14:20

In Nanaea's fireplace the flames flicker and dance, and from the flames a shape formed. The figure of a red demon with long black hair replaced the dancing fire.

"Well, I must say it is good to stretch my wings a bit. I have been cooped up in the dungeon with our 'pet' for far too long." The demon said to seemingly no one. His wings fluttered a bit and he found his favorite chair among the vast main hall's furniture. Nursing a wound on his arm he sat enjoying the quiet for awhile. This demon's name is Thomas.

Eventually Thomas grew restless and bored. "Food!" he thought "that's what I need!" as he set of on his latest quest, a quest to fill his stomach.

As he wandered Nanaea's hallowed halls he happened upon a bowl of fruit set out for the Goddess as an offering. He pondered the consequences his pilfering of such food might bring, but in the end his gut defeated his brain. Thomas grabbed an apple from the bowl.

"One tiny apple, what will it hurt?" he thought as he began to eat happily.

"What do you think you are doing Thomas?" a heavenly yet vengeful voice came from behind him. The voice belonged to Nanaea's resident angelic miner, Blu.

"Heh heh, Blu? What are you doing up this time of night?" Thomas turned around startled.

"You were eating offerings again weren't you?" she said angrily.

Thomas quickly hid the evidence. "No no I was... um..." he searched his head for a way out "just...making sure no one else was?".

"Somehow I don't believe you." Blu said rolling her eyes and pulling Thomas' arms out from behind him revealing the half eaten apple.

"Heh heh, looks like you've found me out" Thomas smirked. "But I am a demon after all." with that he took one last bite of his apple and disappeared in to a dance of flames, leaving onlt a slightly burned apple core behind.

(ooc: ok...first shot at roleplaying, I know it's short...thought I'd start with some comedy...might add more this weekend when I have more time. feel free to add on if anyone wants, as long as it's funny :D )

#2 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:42

(sorry for the slow update)

Thomas pushed the main temple door open and shook off the frost that clung to his hair. Having been hunting in the ice caves there seemed to be quite a lot of it.

"WARM!" Thomas exclaimed taking in the pleasant temperature. "I hate the cold." he mumbled to himself as he wandered over to the fireplace warming his freezing hands.

"Looks like everyone is asleep, I wonder if we have any more ale." he said quietly to himself. "Ah! we do, I saved a barrel in my room".

Thomas' figure grew more indistinct as he melted into flame then into nothing, reforming an instant later inside his hidden room beneath the fireplace.

It was a hot, dark room with only a single torch for light. But this was how Thomas liked it, around a hundred degrees and too dark to even read, for humans that is, he could see quite well down here. There was a big bed and a table in the middle of the room.Next to the table he saw his barrel of ale and an empty stein sitting on top of it. Thomas walked over and filled the stein to the brim.

"Ah! the good stuff, but it's warm." he said, realizing he had just said something very dumb. "Well of course it's warm stupid"

He placed the ale down on his table. "Good thing Kayla taught me this ice spell" he said.

He pointed his finger and touched the brim of the stein, a blue light shimmered from the tip and the stein was covered in frost. Thomas took it in his hand, it was very cold, almost too cold.

"Heh heh, the irony of a demonic being using an ice spell" he said laughing. "Well either way it sure is useful".

Thomas took a long drink of his ale.

"Pity there won't be any left by morning, now if there was only some food." he said looking around. "Hmmm, I wonder if there are any apples left" and with that Thomas' was gone, a second later back again with a shiny green apple in his hand and a smirk on his face.

"Blu and Elwood won't be happy when they find out I've been stealing offerings again." Thomas said lazily, taking a bite out of his apple. "Then again it's just the demon in me".

#3 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2005 - 00:00

A young woman with long white wings walks into the temple. Her wings shivering. Her long raven hair clung to her wet cheeks. As her dress dripped wet with water. She slowly looked around with her deep gold eyes. Afraid of what lay in the temple, but her curiosity caught the better of her. She quitely walked in more. Her feet makeing a soft squeshing sound.

Her voice was weak, and her eyes where a little red from crying. "Hello anyone here?"

She quitely lay on the ground at the entrace of the temple curling into a ball. Her wings weakly wrapped around her body.Her clothing was white long, and wet it was torn in many areas. She whimpered in her sleep as she lay there. Her body trembleing, and cold.

#4 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:45

A slight glow followed by a rush of hot wind came from the once dark entrance way.

"Well well...what do we have here?" spoke a deep calm voice from the darkness "Seems we have a little birdie caught in the rain".

The outline of a red male demon stood in the archway, seemingly staring at the shivering woman. Thomas lit the tip of his finger aflame illuminating his surroundings.

"That better?" he asked with a smirk "maybe you should come in and get dry, I'll light a fire for you".

#5 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2005 - 00:48

Her eyes fluttered open. As her deep gold eyes look up at the red demon. She slowly backed away her heart raceing. As her breathing was shallow, and her voice was cracked.

"Who are you sir?"

She shrunk back into a corner even after his words where spoken.

"I...Iam Rollina" Her voice was horse, and low. She looked up at him fear in her eyes. She tryed to hide the scars on her wrists and ankles from where shakles had been placed. As her Wings wraped around her trembleing body. As her ripped cloths moved with her body it was aparent this woman was a runaway slave of some kind.

#6 Skallagrime

Skallagrime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:53

JayMS wakes up to the sound of voices at the front gate of the temple. He gets up to check, but then recognizes Thomas's voice. He decides Thomas has everything under control, but can't help but have a quick look to see who else accompanies Thomas.

When he reaches the entrance, a gust of wind makes him shiver. He can't help but think there is something wrong.
He sees a girl and instantly realizes she is a fugitive. She is wet and her dress is torn.

JayMS sees Thomas warming her up and decides not to intervene.
He quickly hides back in the shadows ....

#7 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:37

"Rollina?...ah I see, I see" the demon pondered a bit,glancing over to where Jay once stood (a demon notices many things), then back at the tattered and worn angel. "well a pleasure to meet you, it isn't everyday we are blessed by a rogue angel on our doorstep. I am Thomas, and I assure you this place is just perfect for safe haven from whoever you're running from".

Thomas extended his hand. "Now come on, out of the cold with you" he grinned, no longer smirking, more of a kind smile. A smile Thomas hadn't shown for quite some time.

#8 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2005 - 00:36

She took thomases hand, and stood up. Her body weak and quevering still.

"Thank you...so much"

Her voice weak and cracked as she steeped inside more. She looked over her shoulder as a tear rolled down her face. She smiles back at Thomas weakly.

"Um....What is your name sir"

Her heart was pounding in her chest. As her hope of being free again made her feel happy.

#9 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2005 - 19:14

He stared forward still while speaking, thinking on something "well...as I've said my name is Thomas. I do not have any human surnames and my demon name is very difficult to speak for divine tongues".

Thomas guided Rollina into the parlor, a large room filled with many comfortable chairs and a freshly lit fire. He smiled at her "Make yourself at home, don't worry about getting anything wet, just get warm. I'll grab you a fresh clothes and something to dry you off".

He looked up for a second and started walking towards the stairs.

#10 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:17

She looks up at Thomas and smiles softly.
"Thomas.....that is a nice name" Her voice still weak and sounded cracked.
"Thank you so much for being so kind."
She follows him into the parlor and watches as he leaves after he explains things to her. Her deep gold eyes quickly look at the fire. As she quickly moves towards it sitting on the floor. She watches the flames dance in the fire. As she stays warm by it. She looks around the room slowly. Her deep gold eyes woundering around.Her mind races over what she had been threw. Of how she had been betrayed, and had payed for a crime she didnt do. Tears slowly flow down her face. As she hugs her legs crying hard. Her body trembleing at the memories. She slowly drys her tears, and waits by the fire for her new friend. For some reason she felt as if she could trust him. She let her wings go limp to the floor as she lost her self in thought. Her mind clouded by the memories of what had happened to her in just three days. Eash thought still fresh in her mind. She wouldnt let her self remember them fully because they brought her pain and sorrow.

#11 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2005 - 20:48

Thomas arrived at the door of the resident priestess and knocked softly. A few moments later a young woman answers looking very tired and angry.

"Thomas what do you want at this time of night...I knew demons didn't sleep much but this is re-" Thomas raised his hand and cut Maven's rant short.

"Yeah yeah, but this time I'm not causing trouble. I just wanted to know if you had any extra robes and some dry linens." he said with a smile.

"Don't tell me you've dragged home another one of your 'pets'" Maven rolled her eyes. She sighed and went back inside. "Not a pet" he replied "just a new friend".

Maven came back to the door carrying a pile of lumped up clothes and things. "Well theres plenty of rooms if she? needs it. hehehe".

"Heh heh, thanks" He said with a flustered look. "How does she know everything?" he thought.

"Well well...perhaps the room won't be necessary" She laughed to herself and shut the door. "Goodnight Thomas".

Thomas gave her a dirty look through the door. "Ha ha very funny, barrel of laughs that one" he grumbled as he walked through the corridor back down the stairs. Halfway down he noticed Rollina was huddled by the fire and seemed to be crying.

Thomas walked over and kneeled down next to her. "whats wrong?" he asked looking concerned.

#12 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2005 - 19:44

Rollina looked up at him as she tryed to dry her tears. "It is nothing I just lost myself in bad memories I am fine." She smiles shivering for her body being still cold. "Thank you for being so kind to me."

She slowly looks up at him, and kisses his cheek. Trying to repay him for his kindness in someway. "I can earn my way around here.....I will work hard." She looks up at him with a soft smile.

#13 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2005 - 22:22

"Well..." Thomas smiled. "That's good but theres alot of residents at the temple, so chores are pretty easy. Don't worry about it, just rest for now".

He got back to his feet and stretched. "I'll show you to your room now if you like...it is pretty late".

#14 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2005 - 14:40

She nods, and smiles looking up at him. "Thank you kind sir." She shivers a bit more as she stands. her long white angel wings wrap around her body. "You are verry kind." She yawns a little, as her eyes grew heavy.

#15 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:01

Thomas leads the tired angel to her room and opens the door for her.

"Goodnight, I will not see you in the morning however, us demons prefer the night" he laughed a bit. "I'll see you tomorrow night, feel free to the food and stuff...I'll figure out your duties around here later". Thomas grinned as he handed Rollina the pile of clothes.

#16 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:46

She nods in understanding, and takes the clothing he had handed her. "Thank you Thomas I am very greatful to you." She smiles sweetly at him, and hugs him tightly, before she closes the door, and changes clothing. She lays down on the bed, and falls asleep.

#17 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:53

"What a night" Thomas thought to himself. "Heh heh, things will be a bit more interesting around here it seems. Hopefully...".

He once again dissapeared into flames which, seemed to dance more excitedly than before.

-----------------------

Another night same bored demon. Thomas apparates in the main hall, yawning with messy hair. "I slept in it seems" He said to himself. "Everyone should be in bed by now, shame...I wonder...". He trails off as he looks around the hall thinking to himself.

Thomas finds his favorite chair and sits down. He pulls piece of dried meat out of his armor and chews on it, watching the flames dance.

#18 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2005 - 18:14

The next night Rollina walked in to the main hall finding Thomas. She smiled softly at him noticeing he was occupied with the flames, and chewing on some dry meat. She slowly walks up behind him, and places her hands over his eyes. "Guess who?" Her voice was soft, and sounded like a coo in his ear. She removes her hands from his eyes, and laughs.

#19 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2005 - 05:03

Thomas, startled, nearly jumped out of his chair.

"Don't you know it's unwise to sneak up on a demon?" he said in a mock threatening voice. Laughing, he got up and turned around. "You look better all cleaned up I must say".

#20 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2005 - 05:09

Rollina blushes badly looking up at him. "Thanks Thomas your sweet." Her cheeks turn a bright red. " I am sorry I startled you, but I saw you, and I couldnt help my self." Her voice is low.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: