28 replies to this topic

#21 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 August 2018 - 14:06

I personally like discord a lot. If you play multiple games where you use discord too either chatting with friends or clanmates its really comfortable, also the discord app allows you to chat while playing full windowed games.

#22 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2018 - 14:31

Thanks for the feedback again, everyone!  ^_^ Happy to see so many of you already. Unfortunately we don't have plans to add any voice channels, as it would require some kind of moderation.

see new earth, FS, eldevin ... and "other"   :(

"Other Games" is for chat about all other Hunted Cow games, although we do allow discussion about other (non Hunted Cow) games as well, as long as you're not advertising them. If there is demand for it, we will consider adding more channels!

Also another question, can we type in languages  other than English in the discord or is this another English only chat just like the in game world chat?

Just like the forums, it's English only currently. If there's high demand for specific language channels to be added, then we can consider it! 

#23 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 August 2018 - 19:52

Thanks for the feedback again, everyone!  ^_^ Happy to see so many of you already. Unfortunately we don't have plans to add any voice channels, as it would require some kind of moderation.

"Other Games" is for chat about all other Hunted Cow games, although we do allow discussion about other (non Hunted Cow) games as well, as long as you're not advertising them. If there is demand for it, we will consider adding more channels!

Just like the forums, it's English only currently. If there's high demand for specific language channels to be added, then we can consider it! 

I do believe Legacy has its own channel.  I personally don't use discord as the app isn't compatible with my phone. I understand there's a web version, but I haven't checked into it.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#24 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2018 - 08:57

I do believe Legacy has its own channel.  I personally don't use discord as the app isn't compatible with my phone. I understand there's a web version, but I haven't checked into it.

You can use it in your browser if you don't want to download Discord itself. :)

#25 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:57

I tried, I really did, to find something I liked about Discord, but failed  :(

I also noted the number of players  signed up for it, 237 I think it was.  It hardly seems to be a "must have" addition.

#26 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 15:00

FYI be sure to use your "junk" email address when registering or you will be spammed with "new messages!" in your inbox 

i assume there's a way to disable this?

#27 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:32

FYI be sure to use your "junk" email address when registering or you will be spammed with "new messages!" in your inbox 

i assume there's a way to disable this?

yes

#28 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 22:31

I think i'l pass  on by ,thank you ....

#29 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 23:21

Everyone who is dissing Discord is missing the point of it.

It's a great platform that you can use to join many different servers. Hunted Cow, Bioware, some random guild, a small group of friends. You can have all of those servers associated with one Discord account.

You can set servers to allow or disallow push notifications, PMs, etc.

If you don't have Discord, you need to catch up with the rest of the internet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: