• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JasperJax

JasperJax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:05

Okay, when I just got to level 45, and achieved the full armor set. I placed all of the glimmering gems in my armor just as a placement until I got a full set of better gems to use. Now, I have to pay 450ep just to remove those gems so I can replace them... >.>... Not cool HCS.

Now, it makes since that it should cost something... but I also noticed... I was putting my extra fair gems into my alts armor/weapons, and.. it costs 50ep each gem too... My suggestion is, that you change the system of amount you pay according to gem tier, with 50ep being the highest....

For example;

Glimmering (20ep extraction fee), Defined (25ep extraction fee) etc... so on going by gem tiers?

Thanks for reading, it's a bit sloppy.

Silence, is your friend, my enemy.

#2 Ood

Ood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 14:55

As this only really applies to level 45 equipment, (I don't see why you'd want to remove alts fair gems when they're going to get new gear in 5 levels anyway) I don't really have a problem with the price. EP are relatively easy to get, even if you don't pay for them. A tiered extraction fee would perhaps make it easier, but I'd rather have development time spent on a whole number of other things instead of this (no matter how short a time it would take).

#3 JasperJax

JasperJax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 14:59

:/ .. I know there are better things they are working on. Though I still think that someday the gem extraction fee should be altered a little bit.

Thanks.

Silence, is your friend, my enemy.

#4 MaxedCash

MaxedCash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 18:35

I agree it shouldnt cost 50ep to remove a gem, honestly i dont think it should cost anything what if u wanna test out gem builds and mix it up you have to pay every time u wanna test? pretty annoying if u ask me but 50ep is definitely too much

#5 Cromwell

Cromwell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 23:34

Would be nice if it at least had a gold alternative to removing it. Say perhaps 250-500 gold to remove. Or if you go for the tiered system like Kevin is suggesting perhaps 100-200 gold per gem tier to remove.

#6 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 January 2015 - 00:03

possibly the point is an EP sink, the game needs reasons for you to have EP, whether this is a silly spot i am on either side with but i bet many people are shocked when they realise they have basically lost that gem or stuck for a while when they first go to extract,

maybe it was actually put in place to make people think twice about changing it for an advantage in pvp, youd have to be pretty damn quick though ;) ;)

if it is for any other reason than EP sink then i dont see the harm in something more tedious yet less shocking to a new player like a 30 minute cooldown once u socket a gem AND maybe replace EP cost with gold for the sake of giving gold more use in the game :)

also agree with ood moreso, not a big issue :)

#7 Cromwell

Cromwell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 00:14

possibly the point is an EP sink

You're probably right on this point. And if it is for that reason I can agree with it. Like you said there needs to be reasons for people to buy EP. And EP is part of what helps keep the game going.

Plus like Ood was saying EP isn't too hard to get. Click a few ads or spend 100 or so gold and you could get the ep needed to extract without too much hassle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: