Kitteh666's Unofficial Tutorial v1.09 (1000+ Views Edition)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
191 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this guide a pass or fail? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this guide a pass or fail?

1. Voted [color=#00FF00:6qf5zkom]Pass[/color:6qf5zkom] (6 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

2. Voted [color=#FF0000:6qf5zkom]Fail[/color:6qf5zkom] (38 votes [86.36%])

Percentage of vote: 86.36%

Vote

#1 fs_kitteh666

fs_kitteh666
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2010 - 22:03

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This is the unofficial tutorial created by Kitteh666. (Basically copied from my Sigmastorm 2 tutorial but with editing to match Fallen Sword.)

Version 1.09
© 2010 - Kitteh666
[0.1] TABLE OF CONTENTS

0.1|Table of Contents
0.2|Introduction
0.3|Updates
-----
1.1|HUD
1.2|Main Menu
1.3|Currency
-----
2.1|Movement
2.2|World Map
2.3|Scavenging
-----
3.1|Initiating an Attack
3.2|Viewing creature information
3.3|PvP Guide
3.4|GvG Guide
-----
4.1|Skills
4.2|Inventory
4.3|Inventing
-----
5.1|Glossary
5.2|Credits

[0.2] INTRODUCTION

This thread will teach you how to play the game.
[0.3] UPDATES

v1.00 | Guide finished.
v1.01 | Inventing Guide made.
v1.02 | PvP Guide added.
v1.03 | Bounty Ticket added to currency guide. Tip 3 removed from PvP guide.
v1.04 | GvG Guide added! Expecting to get yayed by new GvGers.
v1.05 | GvG Guide updated due to some ppl downrating GvG guide.
v1.06 | Tips removed from PvP to avoid bias. Scavenging section added. Fixed some spelling errors. My Comments has been added. (shown in green)
v1.07 | Fixed the scavenging section. Glossary began. Updated the ToC.
v1.08 | How to get FSP added. It's under Currency section.
v1.09 | Coloured the Table of Contents blue to make it easier to find. How to use the guide added!
[0.4] HOW TO USE THIS GUIDE

It's simple. You just scroll around and read. If you are not sure where to go, go to Table of Content, which is in blue text.

Use Ctrl+F or F3 to open Find function. Each section is marked by a number. For example, this section is marked with a 0.4.

That's well explanatory. Now view the rest of the guide!
[1.1] HUD

You will see the banner at the top of the screen.
Posted Image

You will see, from left to right.

The first (face icon) is your name. It's unchangeable. HCS stated that they will not change your name. Not even for FSP. Sadly.

The second (blue boot with arrows pointing left) is your stamina. Movement and attacking will use up your stamina so watch your stamina.

The third (FSP icon) is the link to recruiting. It's basically useless. Unless as a quick access.

The fourth is the XP bar. It's a red bar. It's 100 pixels long. As you gain XP, it fills up. When it completely fills up, you gain a level and the bar empties to be filled again.

The fifth (another FSP icon) is the amount of FSP you have.

Finally, the rightmost part, is your gold amount. That is the amount of gold you have.

My Comments: I kinda don't like the XP bar. Too short, only 100 pixels long.
[1.2] MAIN MENU

This is the main menu. On the left sidebar, you will see it...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I will leave it to you to explore what's inside. But the logout button on main menu will log you out of the game. And the World button will take you to realm map if clicked on.
[1.3] CURRENCY

There are some currencies in the game. There's 5 currencies. Guild RP doesn't count.

Posted Image This is gold. It is the most commonly used currencies in the game. Used for buying items and repairing items.
Posted Image This is FSP aka FallenSword Points. It is harder to find. It is used for character upgrade. You can obtain FSP by donating or doing surveys.
Posted Image This is Allegiance Tokens. Like in Sigmastorm 2, it works the same. You gain 5 daily tokens per day by logging in. You also get more by donating money to FS. Used for rewards.
Posted Image This is PvP Ladder Token. You get them for being at top 50 in PvP ladder. It is used for reward.
Posted Image This is Bounty Ticket. The only way to get it is by purchasing with FSP. 1 FSP gets you 100 tickets. Creating a bounty costs 10 tickets. Taking a bounty costs 1 ticket, plus 1 ticket for every 5 levels below your level.

Here is a way to get FSP.
1) Donate. It will get you a lot of FSP. The more the donate, the more the FSP you will get.
2) Do surveys and offers. It can fetch you free FSP. But sometimes it doesn't work. HCS is not responsible for external content.
3) Purchase FSP for gold. You can do it in marketplace. Marketplace... Oh, that reminds me to add to glossary!
4) Negotiate a trade with other players.
5) Sell some awesome drops (such as Legendary, SE, Crystalline and Epic) in the AH for FSP. Epic items will get you a lot of FSP.
6) Pray at temple. Every day, a player will be chosen randomly by the gods. You can have a chance to win 20 FSP.
7) Get the recruited player to a certain level. As the recruited player reaches a certain level, you get FSP. However, you stop gain FSP from the same player after the player reaches level 150. What a shame. But a recruited player can fetch you up to 53 FSP.
[2.1] MOVEMENT

Here, you can move around. This is an example of map. The 8 buttons surrounding the map will move you. Clicking on one of the buttons moves you in the same direction button is facing.
Posted Image

Moving horizontally and vertically costs 1 stamina while moving diagonally costs 2 stamina.
[2.2] WORLD MAP

You can access the realm map by clicking on earth button.

Posted Image This is the button. You click on it to open up the map.
[2.3] SCAVENGING

You can do scavenging. You click on Actions. Under Artisanship group, click on Scavenging.

Here, you can pay gold to scout to scavenge on the cave. You will fight random enemies. The higher the gold paid, the more likelier you will encounter higher level caves.

Keep in mind that the caves has a strange force that wipes out the memory of the cave location so you have to pay gold again!

You don't gain XP or gold for defeating enemies. Nor do you lose it if you get defeated. Kill Streak is unaffected. But buff can kick in. But also keep in mind that your items can suffer durability loss. Still, repair it up.

Scavenging do have rewards. If you're lucky enough, you can get drops from the creatures.
[3.1] INITIATING AN ATTACK

You can attack creatures by clicking on one of the three buttons next to creature names.

Posted Image This is the attack button. The number on the button corresponds to the keyboard numbers. It's a maximum of 20 stamina.
Posted Image This is an attack button with a maximum of 40 stamina.
Posted Image This is an attack button with a maximum of 60 stamina.

Note that the keyboard shortcut is not available for Champions, Elites and Super Elites. It is still available for Legendary and Titan creatures.
[3.2] VIEWING CREATURE INFORMATION

You can view the information by clicking on the eye icon.

Posted Image This button allows you to view information. It is also available for players. Clicking on that button next to player name allows you to view other player's profile.
[3.3] PvP GUIDE

Creatures aren't the only ones you can fight. You can also fight players. To do so, you can do either 2 ways. By clicking on sword icon next to player name. Or you can click on Actions. Look for Attack Player under PvP group.

Posted Image This is the player icon.

Once you enter the Attack Player page, you can set anywhere between 10-100 stamina for attacking player. Player who initiated the attack goes first. The more the stamina used, the more the XP and Gold will be removed. Player who loses the fight will lose PvP rating. The winner receives PvP rating equivalent to the losing player's PvP rating loss. This is called PvP Rating Transfer.

But PvP is always risky. Once you attack the player, players can bounty you. Being bountied is player's #1 worst nightmare, They lose more XP than normal. In fact, XP loss is doubled. Gold loss is still normal. Player can lose up to 5 levels from bounties.

Keep in mind that players can attack you from virtually anywhere.

Don't forget that there is PvP Ladder. If you click on Top Rated then click on PvP Ladder, you will see previous result of top 50. PvP Rating will reset to 1000 each week and players in top 50 will be awarded. If you are on top 50, you will earn PvP Tokens for rewards. It's the riskiest currency ever. PvPers always risk their level.

My Comments: I don't do PvP. Sorta.
[3.4] GvG GUIDE

GvG stands for Guild versus Guild. It's a bit like PvP, but there's no gold, XP, or PvP rating loss. Here, players participate in the conflict. To win, the guild must score more than each other. Each guild is allowed a preset of 50, 75, or 100 attacks. The maximum possible score is equivalent to the preset amount of allowed attack. If guild loses, they lose GvG rating. (and a waste of FSP and gold if initiated). If guild is draw, RP and GvG rating is unaffected. If guild wins, they gets GvG Rating as well as 10 guild RP.

BUT, in order for the guild conflict to end officially, one of the guild must complete the allowed amount of attacks and wait until the timer ends. Otherwise, it's a draw. There is a time limit to guild conflict, which is one day.

To start a conflict, 1 FSP and 50,000 gold is required.

Guild RP (Guild Reputation Points) can be obtained by winning in conflict. They are spent on rewards. It can be a buff. But the best of all, it can be used to buy Epic quest items which means you can use it to make an Epic items. Take heed though, the chance is not 100%. If you fail to make an Epic item, think of the wasted Guild RP.

Also, on a final note on GvG: Repair your items. Even though GvG can't take away gold, XP or PvP Rating, you can still lose item durability. So repair it up.

My Comments: In my guild Mad Monks, I know for sure, the maximum amount of attacks had been 50 so far. Have never seen 75 or 100.
[4.1] SKILLS

As you level up, you gain 5 skill points after allocating level up points.

Skill is broken down into 3 categories: Offense, Defense and Special.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Offense makes you more powerful while Defense helps to protect you from more damage. Special can aid you in doing certain things. Special can help you to grind some XP and farm gold.
[4.2] INVENTORY

You start with 3 inventory slots (pretty small, eh?) and that is where your items will go after you loot or buy items. It costs 15 FSP to upgrade inventory capacity. (15 FSP for 1 slot is a bit expensive, eh?)

There are 13 item types. 9 of them are equipment (Helmet, Armor, Gloves, Boots, Weapon, Shield, Ring, Amulet and Rune.) The other 2 are consumables (Recipes and Potions). The last 2 is miscellaneous (Quest Item and Resources).
[4.3] INVENTING

Inventing is something that allows you to make an item. To access, click on Actions. Under Artisanship group, click on Inventing.

First of all, to start making items, you MUST get the RECIPES first! If you click on it, you will permanently learn the recipe. Most recipes can be bought from shops.

After learning the recipe, you have to study which items are required to make an item. Take a good look and memorize it. Most of required items are looted from creatures. Some are bought from store.

Finally once you get the required items, click on recipes. If you have the items required, click on Invent. Note that the chance varies, depending on how hard it is to make. If you succeed, items will be added to your mailbox. You have one hour to pick it up though. Be aware that if you fail to make the item, items used in making item will be destroyed and you will have to get it again.
[5.1] GLOSSARY/ACRONYM/CHAT LANGUAGE MEANINGS

FSP: FallenSword Points
HP: Hit-points (also called health points)
BP: Backpack
Stam: Stamina
ATK/ATT: Attack
DEF: Defense
ARM/AC: Armor
DAM/DMG: Damage
RP: Reputation Points
AT: Allegiance Tokens
MP: Marketplace
AH: Auction House (NEW)

This list is incomplete, you can help me add more.
[5.2] CREDITS

I give thanks to...
-Centurion for reviving my SS2 guide. Without him, the guide would be lost forever.
-danonek (AKA Poxitro in Sigmastorm 2) for helping me with guide.
-rebtex for not downrating this guide
-And players who approves this guide.
-Anemie for encouring me to add "How to get FSP" to the guide.
-dory364 for donating 125 FSP for me. Thanks you very much!

Downrating this guide is unacceptable. It took me 2 hours to make this guide. Downrating this guide means disapproving my EFFORTS. Just list me the mistake and I will fix it.
Images are copied from basic icons in Fallen Sword. Some of the pictures are screenshot.

What's coming soon? I will add AH section, along with FAQs.

Thank you all for viewing!

#2 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2010 - 22:09

Posted Image
:roll:

#3 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 22:30

Can't wait to see PvP guide...
You can also extend it to GvG one,,,

#4 souljahpug

souljahpug

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 22:32

Can't wait to see PvP guide...
You can also extend it to GvG one,,,

Yay more guides from kitteh its my dream come true. now I don't have to keep surfing comedycentral.com for a good laugh anymore.

#5 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 November 2010 - 23:02

Won't shoot this down.

But can you tell me why you include 'Allegiance Tokens' and 'Ladder Token' as currencies?

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#6 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:34

The third (FSP icon) is the link to recruiting. It's basically useless.

unless you're recruiting

-----in before delete-----

#7 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:43

If you're going to make a guide, you should stick to the facts. Do not include your commentary and opinions, as you have done so here.

#8 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2010 - 14:31

it would be half as amusing then :(

#9 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 14:50

OMG.. this guide gives no real info all basic info that any fool could figure out all on thier own. Why don't you do something more useful with your time? Like maybe study so you can be a useful and productive part of society?

#10 fs_kitteh666

fs_kitteh666
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2010 - 20:59

Are you insulting my guide?

PvP Ladder Tokens and Allegiance Tokens are currencies. They're bound to player, but they are spent to buy rewards. The tokens can really be spent.

PvP Guide will come! But first... I will make inventing guide first.

#11 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2010 - 21:00

Are you insulting my guide?

you powers of deduction are legendary !!

#12 fs_kitteh666

fs_kitteh666
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2010 - 21:04

The good news is I made the inventing guide. Will make PvP guide. Maybe tomorrow.

#13 fs_phyrstormz

fs_phyrstormz
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2010 - 21:15

if thats the good news, i tremble at the bad news :roll:

#14 fs_theggold

fs_theggold
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2010 - 21:25

Harsh

#15 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2010 - 22:18

PvP Ladder Tokens and Allegiance Tokens are currencies. They're bound to player, but they are spent to buy rewards. The tokens can really be spent.

But then why isn't RP there. There bound to guilds but they are spent to buy rewards :roll:

#16 fs_ukyokuonji

fs_ukyokuonji
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2010 - 23:00

once again.....

I came.
I LOLed.
I left.

#17 fs_kitteh666

fs_kitteh666
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:02

RP is guild, not individual.

For example, if a player uses 10 RP, the guild actually spends 10 RP.

And besides, RP doesn't have icon.

#18 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:00

RP is guild, not individual.

For example, if a player uses 10 RP, the guild actually spends 10 RP.

Duh. :roll:

And besides, RP doesn't have icon.

Kitteh666's Rule #652: If it doesn't have an icon, it cannot be considered a currency.
Got it. :lol:

#19 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:55

Ooh ok kitteh, that makes sence...
:roll:

#20 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 14:32

You know.. I really like your energy but, I hate your stupidity!

The only reason I even post in your threads is so that some unknowing noobie won't think you actually know what you are talking about.

ATTN TO NEW PLAYERS: If you really want help and guidence, find your self a good guild that will help you through the issues that come with the game... You can find a list of guilds that accept new players in the recruiting section. Make sure you do a little research, not all guilds are good. Different guilds offer different things, find one that will help you enjoy the game ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: