33 replies to this topic

#21 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 18:26

The introduction of guild tagging MAY have let some people play more cheaply, but these same people have made FS what it is today. A greed machine, driven by the pursuit of pure profit.

People are going to be (too) greedy or not, regardless of whether guild-tagging exists. Lowering the personal cost of leveling has nothing to do with human nature.

In fact, guild-tagging lowered the potential profits of the 'too greedy' people. Prior to tagging, everyone needed their own copy of 'must have' gear, or suffered with horrible efficiency. This led to a wealth flows up scenario as you purchased the good sets from the near-EOC crowd, even more so than currently exists.

#22 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2012 - 20:34

People are going to be (too) greedy or not, regardless of whether guild-tagging exists. Lowering the personal cost of leveling has nothing to do with human nature.

In fact, guild-tagging lowered the potential profits of the 'too greedy' people. Prior to tagging, everyone needed their own copy of 'must have' gear, or suffered with horrible efficiency. This led to a wealth flows up scenario as you purchased the good sets from the near-EOC crowd, even more so than currently exists.

Guild tagging didn't just lower the cost of 'hunting' it lowered the cost of everything.
'Suffered' with horrible efficiency, really? So what, you think the scenario we have now with everybody and his freakin grandma wearing the exact same thing, reading from some list of items that we're supposed to wear, double checking with the FSH, 'just to make sure', is better?

RE the wealth flows up scenario, the very fact you even think that is just another symptom of the 'I want, I need and I expect' society we have now. Who's to say everyone is entitled to the best gear for as cheap as it can possibly be? When I first started this game, people would use what they could 'afford' to use in order to 'hunt' or SE hunt. Sure we wanted the even better gear but we either had to WORK for it or donate our asses off. THIS was actually even after guild tagging too. Eventually though, as all the guilds slowly built up their tagged stockpiles of the good gear all of it's value plummeted, it's desirability completely destroyed.

Do you know what HCS' idea for a fix to this issue was? Let me tell you, they brought out more and MORE powerful gear, that's great! Isn't it? In my own honest opinion no, it's not great it's the exact opposite of great.

Do you remember Grimnok when it was actually an achievement to put together a 1-hit setup? When BigGrim used to say that this game wasn't intended to be that way, us sneaky players found a way to do it though. Now, well now with all the super potions, mega gear and overpowered relic bonus's it's actually hard to NOT 1-hit...

It's a sad, SAD state of affairs to be in.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#23 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 20:53

i remember the days when most couldnt afford le gear you made do with what u could farm and muster when you had pride of the gear you earned ..the gear you farmed and when a le game around everyone smack the crap out of it didnt matter how much dropped cause everyone needed there own gear so it soon disappered.. we had balance then the game was more fun as we want all drones waiting in a queue for our turn at the same gear.. tagging was bought in cause of the dishonest amongst us maybe it cant be removed but it could be limited to a guild having 50 tagged items it would at least make ppl own some gear

Guild tagging didn't just lower the cost of 'hunting' it lowered the cost of everything.
'Suffered' with horrible efficiency, really? So what, you think the scenario we have now with everybody and his freakin grandma wearing the exact same thing, reading from some list of items that we're supposed to wear, double checking with the FSH, 'just to make sure', is better?

RE the wealth flows up scenario, the very fact you even think that is just another symptom of the 'I want, I need and I expect' society we have now. Who's to say everyone is entitled to the best gear for as cheap as it can possibly be? When I first started this game, people would use what they could 'afford' to use in order to 'hunt' or SE hunt. Sure we wanted the even better gear but we either had to WORK for it or donate our asses off. THIS was actually even after guild tagging too. Eventually though, as all the guilds slowly built up their tagged stockpiles of the good gear all of it's value plummeted, it's desirability completely destroyed.

Do you know what HCS' idea for a fix to this issue was? Let me tell you, they brought out more and MORE powerful gear, that's great! Isn't it? In my own honest opinion no, it's not great it's the exact opposite of great.

Do you remember Grimnok when it was actually an achievement to put together a 1-hit setup? When BigGrim used to say that this game wasn't intended to be that way, us sneaky players found a way to do it though. Now, well now with all the super potions, mega gear and overpowered relic bonus's it's actually hard to NOT 1-hit...

It's a sad, SAD state of affairs to be in.

#24 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:51

It's a silly idea to get rid of the tagging system.

In our guild we have many players who depend on the gear in the Guild Store. We can't keep replacing gear for everyone in perpetuum,

#25 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:09

It's a silly idea to get rid of the tagging system.

In our guild we have many players who depend on the gear in the Guild Store. We can't keep replacing gear for everyone in perpetuum,

Yea and if HCs implemented this idea then they have to refund fsps for GS upgrades..
at the end just the players who got big Bp will dominate game markets

#26 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:28

Yea and if HCs implemented this idea then they have to refund fsps for GS upgrades..

How'd you figure?
At the least it would make guilds think twice about who they let into their ranks, we wouldn't see the super guilds recruiting mainly off numbers any more. If guilds were to continue to share gear they'd have to make sure they trusted each other. Guilds would be a lot more close-knit than they currently are too, not just huge number crunching machines. (not pointing any fingers anywhere)

With the rate that gear comes into the game and the sheer amount of options people have, hoarding gear in those large backpacks would be futile, as long as players had enough backpack slots to hold a few sets it wouldn't hurt anyone.

In fact the only thing it would hurt is the huge guilds. I guess that's where it starts to sound like I have something against big guilds, being in a solo guild n all. That's not really the case though, big guilds were everyone are friends and know each other and most importantly TRUST each other are great. Although I've talked to a lot of people and so far I've only come across one person who said they trust every guild member implicitly, enough that they could still share all the gear, expensive and cheap without worry. That's a shame.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#27 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:48

How'd you figure?
At the least it would make guilds think twice about who they let into their ranks, we wouldn't see the super guilds recruiting mainly off numbers any more. If guilds were to continue to share gear they'd have to make sure they trusted each other. Guilds would be a lot more close-knit than they currently are too, not just huge number crunching machines. (not pointing any fingers anywhere)

With the rate that gear comes into the game and the sheer amount of options people have, hoarding gear in those large backpacks would be futile, as long as players had enough backpack slots to hold a few sets it wouldn't hurt anyone.

In fact the only thing it would hurt is the huge guilds. I guess that's where it starts to sound like I have something against big guilds, being in a solo guild n all. That's not really the case though, big guilds were everyone are friends and know each other and most importantly TRUST each other are great. Although I've talked to a lot of people and so far I've only come across one person who said they trust every guild member implicitly, enough that they could still share all the gear, expensive and cheap without worry. That's a shame.

Its actually against newbie arena players not just big guilds :)
Just who got big personal store able to play arena... I dont think force players to donate is good idea
Its Free MMORPG game that's what i heard when i joined this game

#28 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:55

Its actually against newbie arena players not just big guilds :)
Just who got big personal store able to play arena... I dont think force players to donate is good idea
Its Free MMORPG game that's what i heard when i joined this game

Shin mate it's not against anyone.
Like I said, people could/would still share. Even before guild tagging people shared gear.
What they didn't do is share gear with players they didn't know or trust.

It's a pointless argument anyway, guild tagging won't ever be removed. People will still feel the same strange sense of entitlement. Players with little to no game knowledge, backpacks or effort will still shoot up the levels. Everyone will still wear the exact same gears, read the same hunting guides etc etc...

I was simply voicing my personal disdain of the situation, I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#29 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:32

No offencive here, I'm probably a newbie by your view.
But I really think this wouldn't help the game in anyways, maybe it would raise the prices in AH abit and everyone made alittle profit *yay*.
But what would the new members of FallenSword think when they sign up, realized that not only they're 1400 levels behind, but also aren't able to get more than 4-10 levels first days cause they can't beat the monsters.
I'm sure this would work some places, but again.. NO ONE force you to tag your items?, instead of calling for a remove of the tagging, why don't you just show how to do it?

#30 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:41

you can go the first couple 100 lvls easily with no le gear at all and 1 hit everything

No offencive here, I'm probably a newbie by your view.
But I really think this wouldn't help the game in anyways, maybe it would raise the prices in AH abit and everyone made alittle profit *yay*.
But what would the new members of FallenSword think when they sign up, realized that not only they're 1400 levels behind, but also aren't able to get more than 4-10 levels first days cause they can't beat the monsters.
I'm sure this would work some places, but again.. NO ONE force you to tag your items?, instead of calling for a remove of the tagging, why don't you just show how to do it?

#31 atusH54

atusH54

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:26

I remember times when FF/Mancrusha costed 600 fsp lol and i accidently sent the set an inactive member :D hopefully hcs gave the set back :P

#32 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 14:38

I would not mind seeing guild tagging be limited to 1 item/player in a guild, but implement personal tagging at 50fsp cost per person(which is recallable/sendable within a guild) . with increased backpack, I think this would be a good thing to have increased demand. I would definitely use personal tagging to keep things safe and to lend things within the guild.

#33 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 14:41

I like the idea about Personal tagging very much!
Maybe make it like a Upgrade to your character limited at 100 or so (25-50FSPs each upgrade)

#34 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:36

Sorry for dropping out of my own discussion. I felt the discussion a bit useless as I feel nothing will be done with it. Not even trying to think along from the devs, just a plain, NO.

I am pleased to see that some of the community members is thinking along. But the problem is, or at least that is the feeling I get, that once a dev says NO, the thread is no longer be looked at. Thus any ideas that come from it won't be considered either, while some may be good.

I think it is a great idea to at least explore the idea of limiting the guild tagging. Or look into the personal tagging idea. But no dev to comment those ideas. :(

As for the indirect accusation that as a merchant I only want to fill my pockets with this suggestion, that is so untrue. I just remember how much more fun it was not leveling with a plague set, and how much fun I had hunting those LE's during events so I could hunt the sets that I could not afford. These days I do not bother hunting them anymore. I just pick them up for a bit of gold on the AH. Is that what we all want then? I do not need huge profits, I like to see guild mates working together to get a set together, a whole community racing to maps to find the LE they were waiting for. Instead of a small group hoarding them, and the rest waiting on the AH to pick them up for less than a FI1K potion costs.

Sharing gear is good, but not without limits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: