ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:04

Make setting/laying/springing traps in trappers atol a new skill.

They would go up in severity as skill in it goes up in level.

Lvl 1-7 basic snare traps

8-15 snare with a bit of damage

16-31 snare with slightly more dmg

32-39 etc

40-48 etc

49-50 spike pits (instant death)

So as you lvl up the traps they get better.

You would get trapping xp from laying traps and from someone falling in them.

You make the traps with smuggled resources (wood etc)

Low level traps would look like shrubs or things.

Higher level ones could look like nodes of resources (would have to use smuggled resources of that node to make it look like it)

You can walk over your own traps without triggering them as you know its there, this way lower levels could escape higher lvls by sneakily leading them onto traps..

You can only set one trap at a time.

Your traps disappear if you leave TA.

You get smuggled resources in your pack automatically if someone dies while trapped.

Just a bit more fun for ppl in TA :)

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#2 mebuffsta

mebuffsta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:25

That actually does sound pretty awesome  :D

#3 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:47

i agree with this all except the smuggled resources automatically, you should have to go back to them atleast ;)

#4 Luke Hardy

Luke Hardy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:56

Bloody brilliant! Absolutely love this idea, as well with he hunter/hunted post made by lester - this could transform the whole game imo.

Edited by Misfits, 26 June 2014 - 00:56.

• Post Beta player for over 2 years - those were the days.
  • Back casually after over a year away.

Misfit - Proph/Mage - DPS PvE DNG Build

#5 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:58

i agree with this all except the smuggled resources automatically, you should have to go back to them atleast ;)

Fair enough, I dont know why I even added that, but it seemed important at the time, lol.

When lvl 50 is here

#6 SHUTTLER

SHUTTLER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:57

Sounds spicy  ;)

#7 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:58

i mentioned something like this in world chat other day, like mines but think traps would look better than mines in this game. lol.  maybe a top lvl trap can catapult you from oneside of the island to the other like the slap the DEv's have got?

#8 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:58

Maybe this would apply to the whole game. You could put up traps to trap animals on other places in the world. The snared animals could be easily killed as they would 1. Be snared (can't move). 2. Get less attack (less mobility). 

Trapping would boost up dungeon runs too, you could place traps and lure monsters in them, bosses would be harder to trap. I.e. a warrior puts up some traps while the tank goes for a pull, when the tank returns, he pulls the mobs on the trap. (Depending on trap-type, how many get affected.)

This could crate a "crafting" skill "taming" In taming, you tame the snared animals, to 1. sell them to npc for cash/ other items 2. sell them to other players 3. ride it yourself 4. store items on them yourself 5. fight by your side (like 'call of the wild') 

Note: You can't tame players with taming, but with talking.

Edited by EJK, 27 June 2014 - 08:20.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#9 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 22:57

From Mr Silent

I can see it already -

roadrunnerdie.jpg

But there's still nothing to lose and everything to gain within Trappers. So...free hat was worth stepping in the trap for.

Spoiler

-Ben

When lvl 50 is here

#10 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:57

Does this mean I can trap you guys and keep you as my slave pets?

The world is cruel...as will I....

#11 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:02

Traps that would let you know exactly where someone is (show up as an orange dot in minimap) regardless of where you are in TA.  The victim would see no debuff, and the trap will show no sign of being triggered.  Lasts 45 seconds, cannot be removed.

Although looks hard to implement.

#12 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:26

Name of place say it all Trapper atol being so mean's should be some Creature kill and skin, If not as wording Trap's over all support idea.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#13 Eloom

Eloom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:41

at least place traps that ppl can use as a pvp tactic for escape or kite-ing skills. awesome point/idea 

milkyway-pan1.jpg

#14 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:02

Lovelly but i would add 1 extra trap every 25 levels so at level 50 you could add 2

Maybe the instant death would be to op but a 60sec snare, stun, 50% hp(fall damage) damage trap, and you would get a message saying a prey has been caught, and  a target on the minimap

Regards

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#15 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 16:20

How about sonars.

U place it and it will show you all the person that are in TA in the map for 30 seconds., not the mini map.

Heck we can make a support class with bombs and stuff out of this.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#16 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:34

How about sonars.
U place it and it will show you all the person that are in TA in the map for 30 seconds., not the mini map.

Heck we can make a support class with bombs and stuff out of this.

Why a new class? Why not add this as a profession and let all classes use it to their advantage, i.e.templars lure their enemies in damaging traps with their ability to survive longer fights, mages, prophets and sins use stun traps with their ability to do quick damage, rangers use x traps with their ability to kite, warriors use y traps with their ability to...
I referred to solo with the example, in group-dungeons we'll see nice taktics and strategies develop around the usage of traps.
Also, this is a medival game not a futuristic gun game, new thecnology doesn't fit here, does it?

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#17 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:45

Why a new class? Why not add this as a profession and let all classes use it to their advantage, i.e.templars lure their enemies in damaging traps with their ability to survive longer fights, mages, prophets and sins use stun traps with their ability to do quick damage, rangers use x traps with their ability to kite, warriors use y traps with their ability to...
I referred to solo with the example, in group-dungeons we'll see nice taktics and strategies develop around the usage of traps.
Also, this is a medival game not a futuristic gun game, new thecnology doesn't fit here, does it?

I like how you say prophets have quick damage lol

But yes there should be 8 more jobs one more job page, and this should be one of them "TRAPPING" along with many suggestted in other treads

There is the crafting page the gathering page and there could be the "miscellaneaus" page

Again on topic great idea not only for PVP but for pve laying traps for the tank to bring them but that if misplaced the trap would alert the whole dungeon and you would only be able to lay traps in dungeons of your level or lower, or something of the sort

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#18 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:53

Just dropping in to say we love this idea :D.  We've got a fair bit on our plate at the moment, content-wise, and we want to spread the developer love around the whole game as well as TA. But this would be an awesome way to add some spice to PvP and fits in a nicely with another few ideas we had!

And as it happens, we used to have a trapping mechanism as part of hunting/skinning so we've already got a system in place we could use as a starting point.  :ph34r:

Louisa Gallie
Senior Concept & UI Artist

#19 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:57

Just dropping in to say we love this idea :D.  We've got a fair bit on our plate at the moment, content-wise, and we want to spread the developer love around the whole game as well as TA. But this would be an awesome way to add some spice to PvP and fits in a nicely with another few ideas we had!

And as it happens, we used to have a trapping mechanism as part of hunting/skinning so we've already got a system in place we could use as a starting point.  :ph34r:

I am out of likes to give :(

so +1

ps: we need to be able to give more likes.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#20 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 30 June 2014 - 22:43

Good to know :)

Thanks for dropping in!

When lvl 50 is here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: