• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 FALLENFROG

FALLENFROG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 14:55

I think it would make the game so much more fun and will bring alive the bounty board again

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 July 2019 - 17:06

I think it would make the game so much more fun and will bring alive the bounty board again

I do believe that this was deemed to be way too exploitable by the cows, and that's why smasher hits are ladder and BB only.  You have to realize than a huge majority of FS players hate PvP in all forms, and unfortunately their feelings must be considered as well.  Myself, I don't really care either way, but I'm 99% positive that the cow gods will say no to this

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:16

Ladder and bounties is enough

#4 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:15

yep ill have to agree ladder and board is enough ,i would exploit it to no end

changed my thoughts on this

Edited by activeh1, 29 May 2020 - 02:37.

5aZzW0p.png,

#5 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 13:36

yep ill have to agree ladder and board is enough ,i would exploit it to no end

There would be no exploitation available - just Medal progress for real PvP, For a PvP Smasher medal. (like it used to be?)

PvP is in the game, reward ordinary hits aswell as bounty/Ladder. Atleast in PvP the level limitations is +/-10 where as Bounty can be 4000 level difference and Ladder can be as much as 499. Ordinary PvP SHOULD be included.

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 14:33

There would be no exploitation available - just Medal progress for real PvP, For a PvP Smasher medal. (like it used to be?)

PvP is in the game, reward ordinary hits aswell as bounty/Ladder. Atleast in PvP the level limitations is +/-10 where as Bounty can be 4000 level difference and Ladder can be as much as 499. Ordinary PvP SHOULD be included.

No, because the smasher medal has no place in "normal PvP".  The reward for that is the amount of gold involved.  

Yeah, PvP is in the game, but what you may not realize is that the reason the PvP ranking system was changed so that ranking applies to Ladder participants only is because apparently that system was being exploited.  I never did it, but I heard loads on the top of the Dominance list did on a regular basis.  

I was away when the Smasher medal was first implemented, but I was told that "normal PvP" was removed not only because non-PvPers raised an outcry but also because there were too many unscrupulous players exploiting that system.  

If you want to progress on that medal, either join your ladder band or just smash every bounty you take.  

Edited by BadPenny, 04 January 2020 - 14:35.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#7 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 20:21

Since everybody is necro-posting on this I will too.  I'd like to see the prestige changed to 1 point for every stam used, regular pvp and BB.  This would reduce prestige farming and give more incentive to smashing on the BB.  Both things should make the non-pvp'ers much happier.

Screenshot everything!

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 20:36

Since everybody is necro-posting on this I will too.  I'd like to see the prestige changed to 1 point for every stam used, regular pvp and BB.  This would reduce prestige farming and give more incentive to smashing on the BB.  Both things should make the non-pvp'ers much happier.

This I agree on wholeheartedly 

Wish I had thought of it.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#9 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 06 January 2020 - 22:52

well my own thoughts are make it only count for bb hits ,the ladder imo is a joke hence why i use the loop hole to get out after i hit everyone ,

at least we are talking about pvp again ,instead of the other stuff

5aZzW0p.png,

#10 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 19:17

Just something to mull on:  I've always thought that the prestige system should be operated like the XP system., with players who have prestige points losing an appropriate amount to a winning attacking player.  Maybe if the losing player has no prestige points to loose then the winner would get a smaller amount of prestige then usual.  Possibly  there could be exceptions to this if it's a bounty or ladder hit.  Anyway, you could salt and pepper this idea the way you like it. 

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:40

Just something to mull on:  I've always thought that the prestige system should be operated like the XP system., with players who have prestige points losing an appropriate amount to a winning attacking player.  Maybe if the losing player has no prestige points to loose then the winner would get a smaller amount of prestige then usual.  Possibly  there could be exceptions to this if it's a bounty or ladder hit.  Anyway, you could salt and pepper this idea the way you like it. 

This is how the  original PvP *ranking* system worked, and how it still does on the ladder. 

Although I do support the amount of Prestige gained being dependent of stam being used same as ladder rankings, I feel changing it to where it's "exchanged" in the same way is too much like the old system which was apparently exploited.  

Prestige and ranking are completely independent of each other with ranking being only available to ladder participants, and the rewards thereof only purchasable by those players. 

Prestige is a tiny reward for venturing into PvP, and is actually just a special buff to assist in leveling.  Compare exchanging it back and forth to having your the levels of buffs from an Epic chest being dependent upon your k/s.  Seems a bit inequitable to me, and  I don't think that would go down too well with anyone, do you?

Edited by BadPenny, 22 May 2020 - 21:41.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#12 TheCount

TheCount

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 00:11

If you want the bounty board to come alive, the cost of posting bounties would have to be reduced. Or pick on guilds that actually defend their members.

#13 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 16:10

its simple i knw who to attack. 

#14 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:00

well i have to have another say on this ,the ladder can be exploited (and is as we speak) ,in fact its easier on  ladder cause you dont get put on board .

- not sure how you can exploit a 100 stam hit ,its still once every hours same as ladder  ???????

so why dont normal hits count ,tbh ive changed my mind and think they should 

to all those saying they dont pvp ,dont eat food ,dont rant on about rubbish ,thats fine for you but others play the game different ,dont see  why they should be at a disadvantage .

some players (myself included) dont like the ladder cause it can be abused as much as normal pvp if not more by players deleveling and forming ladder groups for the medal progress .

if thats not the same as what was going on way back when then i not sure what is ,maybe just make it board hits count towards medal ????

to finish i must put this quote in there 

Making 'moral' rules about how others should play the game when the dynamics exist is ridiculous.

Edited by activeh1, 29 May 2020 - 02:01.

5aZzW0p.png,

#15 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 June 2020 - 19:38

If you want the bounty board to come alive, the cost of posting bounties would have to be reduced. Or pick on guilds that actually defend their members.

Honestly why not just make BB tickets free? I would 1/2 the gold requirement to post as well. BB needs a huge injection for it to come back alive again. I really miss when they had the game post bounties based on gold stolen. Guild mates would add on extra gold to make sure bounties got hit on and levels were lost accordingly. The only tweak it needed was posting the bounties slightly more often and accounting for differences in players levels versus gold stolen for posting.

The BB was NEVER MORE ALIVE then at that time. In my opinion, it was the worst reversal of all time. 

As for the original post, I'm in favor of making regular 100 stam hits a smasher hit for the following reasons:

1) You can buy pvp protection if you really don't want to lose XP

2) This would inspire people to log on more often since many people are going to have deflect up 24/7 now

3) PvP prestige farming will indirectly be more difficult with more people having deflect active

4) There is hardly any bounties left anymore so earning smasher via bounty is impossible or nearly impossible. I'm actually in favor of players getting posted to the BB if they HAVEN'T pvp someone within the past 7 days if they are over say level 1000 or higher. Some pvp needs to occur for the game to function properly, otherwise there is no bounties, there is no risk, there is no pvp. 

5) Earning smasher hits via ladder works but guild versus individual player issues still arise (aka 3-4 guild mates from one guild smash player from other guild and they soft hit or don't hit each other. The individual player loses level much faster than they do). Ladder is meant to be a individual contest not guild. Also, bands are very large so it is more competitive to hit in regular pvp.

Sub idea 1) You could say you only earn pvp smasher ticks off the same player as often as you would with pvp prestige .. every 3-4 days.

Sub idea 2) Another thought in general, this could be a PvP 48 hour event, where you earn smasher ticks from regular pvp. This way its added to the game to spur on activity but not all the time as to be cumbersome to levelers.

Edited by Windbattle, 07 June 2020 - 19:53.

#16 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 03:12

I really miss when they had the game post bounties based on gold stolen.

That was a horrible idea that should never see the light of day again.  Auto posting of bounties was weighted so that it virtually singled out gold hitters.  I could smash you hourly for a week without getting a bounty posted as long as I didn't take any gold but every single successful gold hit got posted.  Did I mention it was a horrible idea?  Very few people liked the auto-bounty system because they either didn't get the satisfaction of the hitter getting posted or the hitters got hyper bountied for gold hitting.  I'm not saying the current system is perfect, but it's far better than the auto bounty system.

Screenshot everything!

#17 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:16

That was a horrible idea that should never see the light of day again.  Auto posting of bounties was weighted so that it virtually singled out gold hitters.  I could smash you hourly for a week without getting a bounty posted as long as I didn't take any gold but every single successful gold hit got posted.  Did I mention it was a horrible idea?  Very few people liked the auto-bounty system because they either didn't get the satisfaction of the hitter getting posted or the hitters got hyper bountied for gold hitting.  I'm not saying the current system is perfect, but it's far better than the auto bounty system.

Haha really? Because I see 0 bounties 99.99% of the time. That tells me either bounties are not worth posting or pvping isn't occurring in the game anymore. It wasn't a horrible idea ... just needed some tweaks. One of the tweaks would have factored in xp loss taken by the hitter relative to their level as well as gold stolen. Bounty board had multiple pages consistently which never happens now. 

Edited by Windbattle, 10 June 2020 - 05:22.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: