#41 Anialator

Anialator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge
  • Lao People's Democratic Republic

Posted 22 September 2015 - 22:53

"I understand this will upset some players, but I have to do what is best for Legacy at this point."

Best for Legacy at this point.

Best for Legacy

Edited by Anialator, 22 September 2015 - 22:54.

2zges12.jpg

Anialator - (War Master of The Chapter - Legacy Online)

#42 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:59

So I ask you Zorg/HCS, would you please give this game another chance, before the actual game decline hits. Give us another reason to keep playing until that day comes. 

The game has already declined bro. Tons of people left like 2 years before the Ventrix/Crystals update because Zorg was nowhere to be found and no new content was being produced. That and there wasn't an in-flux of people coming to join as zorg had said there would be. 

There really is no excuse for Zorg not coming on to update us. I'm sure you can find 5 minutes in your 24 hour day to post a weekly blog or something to let us know what is even happening.

Honestly unless Zorg of HCS decides to become more active then this game is as good as dead. Sine we're losing more players then we're gaining. 

RIP Legacy - 2015/ 2016

It had a good run but since no one cares about us it's time to accept that this game is officially dead. I'd like to thank the VH's for actually taking care of the game the past 6 years and being active unlike Zorg or HCS staffers, you da real MVP.

#43 Bigmick

Bigmick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:17

Every day I log into this thread expecting to see a post from Zorg or The coo folk but nothing.Wow ,maybe take 5 mins out of your day to show a little respect to us ffs.

If there are no plans and your letting the game die then pls tell us.If you have plans any plans at all pls tell us.

Not much to ask really.

If you are thinking of updates and pumping some life into Legacy be nice to start with a Legacy Forum instead of other games which in itself is demeaning.

#44 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2015 - 13:38

I've been pretty burnt out on Legacy ever since the combat updates I was working on / planning got rolled back. Big changes just don't go down well, they always get negative feedback from most of the player base, and it's big changes Legacy would need to truly revitalize it.

Instead I'm stuck doing new "addon" systems, like sockets, item levels, expanded inventory, new end game items. These aren't remotely appealing to new players and barely entertain old players for more than a week or two.

What Legacy -really- needed was old systems like warfare, combat and hunting updating to a modern system. But I tried that, starting with the combat system, and most people hated it.

At the end of the day, it's been 10 years, some level of boredom should be expected at this point. There is no big fix that I can work on, just small changes that prolong the life a little while longer before the complaints rise up again.

Even if I'd been working on the game continiously, we would be in the same boat. Just like World of Warcraft (that is the same age), despite continious updates, is in decline. Players sit complaining about how "vanilla" World of Warcraft was better, wishing there were no updates, but if Blizzard hadn't updated it, they would be complaining they were bored instead.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#45 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 13:54

I've been pretty burnt out on Legacy ever since the combat updates I was working on / planning got rolled back. Big changes just don't go down well, they always get negative feedback from most of the player base, and it's big changes Legacy would need to truly revitalize it.

Instead I'm stuck doing new "addon" systems, like sockets, item levels, expanded inventory, new end game items. These aren't remotely appealing to new players and barely entertain old players for more than a week or two.

Ok I am on board, let's do this. Let the big changes rolllllllllllllllllllllll. You will return to the game ?? and talk to us about stuff and get things going again and if people bash your efforts, then you can say I told you so and leave. Deal 

#46 Crater

Crater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2015 - 13:57

Ok I am on board, let's do this. Let the big changes rolllllllllllllllllllllll. You will return to the game ?? and talk to us about stuff and get things going again and if people bash your efforts, then you can say I told you so and leave. Deal 

Agreed! Lets get this thing started! if its a sinking ship anyway we might as well go down fighting!

#47 MrItrickzu

MrItrickzu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 14:00

Agreed! Lets get this thing started! if its a sinking ship anyway we might as well go down fighting!

lets do it :)

#48 Anialator

Anialator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge
  • Lao People's Democratic Republic

Posted 23 September 2015 - 14:13

As someone with the best equipment set up in the game, you could start Legacy from scratch and I'd be on board with it. I'm guessing you have a particularly drastic idea in mind, go for it bro! :)

2zges12.jpg

Anialator - (War Master of The Chapter - Legacy Online)

#49 Haze

Haze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 14:18

Well, there's nothing that can really kill it more than it already is. Any change can only be a good change I guess.

#50 Lawy

Lawy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 14:50

@Zorg

Many smaller updates will equal a larger update over time.  If you (or Scott) logged in more than once every three months you would see Steven who was a great free resource moved on.  Other graphics and helpers have and more may do the same too.  This game is still viable so it's stupid to say you don't care at all about it.  Neglect which is more upsetting to me than not having any updating.  Your negative attitude trickles down and all I see in your posts is that it's our problem for complaining about what you have done recently (which many like).  I've heard many excuses from you over the years "don't have the time to devote", "the game doesn't make any money" now this "you guys complain too much when I do".

It's your baby ! HCS has the largest stake in it now.  HCS promised to help and is making $$ from it for basically nothing to run - together own it and love it.  It doesn't take much to take the high ground as the founder and set a positive image and consistent presence of you or HCS members.  Pop in just to say "hi" and "I'm looking at things as they are - making sure all is running well".  Then if you find some time please give us some small yet steady updates.

*edit grammar

Edited by Larse, 24 September 2015 - 15:19.

#51 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 September 2015 - 15:16

I've been pretty burnt out on Legacy ever since the combat updates I was working on / planning got rolled back. Big changes just don't go down well, they always get negative feedback from most of the player base, and it's big changes Legacy would need to truly revitalize it.Instead I'm stuck doing new "addon" systems, like sockets, item levels, expanded inventory, new end game items. These aren't remotely appealing to new players and barely entertain old players for more than a week or two.What Legacy -really- needed was old systems like warfare, combat and hunting updating to a modern system. But I tried that, starting with the combat system, and most people hated it.At the end of the day, it's been 10 years, some level of boredom should be expected at this point. There is no big fix that I can work on, just small changes that prolong the life a little while longer before the complaints rise up again.Even if I'd been working on the game continiously, we would be in the same boat. Just like World of Warcraft (that is the same age), despite continious updates, is in decline. Players sit complaining about how "vanilla" World of Warcraft was better, wishing there were no updates, but if Blizzard hadn't updated it, they would be complaining they were bored instead.

I can see your point there... There will always be complainers... Yeah, we have no fancy battle system, this would be nice.... I feel if you would just follow through on something, such as finishing the inv update so that touchscreen users can actually properly use them (I cannot).

I have been a HCS customer for some time, and I know not all updates to FS were met favorably, but they were made, pass or fail.... Just an attempt would go a long way, sir.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#52 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 15:56

Boycott plat, anyone? 

#53 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2015 - 17:00

Well, we do have a voting system in place, use it, and announce whenever there is a vote people should participate in.. get feedback on the idea, before implementing it.

Posted Image

#54 UnicornBob

UnicornBob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2015 - 18:05

Think that sums up my thoughts on the matter.

I know it's a lot of work and if it's ill received you'll just end up resenting Legacy's community after this.. But at this rate it's going to fall apart one way or another, may as well try something.

#55 K3nny

K3nny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2015 - 18:34

I'd be happy for legacy to be pulled about have the systems updated along with all the work Steven done he has so much stuff ready to go but even if it's till everyone get bored and moans again but that's life people r always looking for the new thing to do or something shiny to catch there eye that's evolution it's people nature.

I just wanna see you (zorg) and HCS actually get on board the legacy train and give it ago because they said hi and bye 4 years ago ,

Posted Image

#56 Will

Will

Voluntary Helper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:44

At this point, I believe the community is perfectly fine with anything. And Zorg, I'm sure you of all people are fully aware of this, but you cannot and will not please everyone. It's your game. If you think you have a way to make it better, then go for it. It's really easy to tune out the people who do nothing but logon to whine and complain about everything.

And like people have said, break the holy hell out of the Dev server is that's what it takes to make it happen.

Posted Image

Legacy Community and Wiki Admin - Volunteer Helper

#57 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:50

I still play on dev, I would be glad to check out new toys and systems... Anything to make things better, and it would make dev count for something as well...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#58 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:00

At the end of the day, it's been 10 years, some level of boredom should be expected at this point. There is no big fix that I can work on, just small changes that prolong the life a little while longer before the complaints rise up again.

One of the reasons is there is so much complaining is because you haven't logged in to do much in the past 4 years except for the vent/crystals and the Inventory update. Players are tired of you not caring enough to login and at least tell them what is going on at HCS and why they are being ignored by you and HCS staffers. If you didn't want to hear people whine about the game then you shouldn't have made it, or just hand the gave over to some one who actually does care about it like the Players or VH's. Sure you made it and want to keep it, but you hardly ever log on. I can't even remember the last time there was an Awesome Hour or anything similar to discuss the issues plaguing Legacy (not including the roadmap since that was more of an expansion thing.) 

I'd say we Boycott buying of platinum until HCS or Zorg shows more interest in the game. Because why should we give our money to a company who doesn't even notice us and does nothing for us? That or offer to buy the game from HCS.

#59 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:02

Edited by Teeg, 24 September 2015 - 02:03.

#60 rollin340

rollin340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:57

I will say this; HCS failed to deliver on their promise.

The plan was for then to assist with this game a bit.

Zorg was supposed to retain total control, but HCS promised to aid in seeing this game grow.

They utterly failed to keep this promise and have thus lost the community's trust.

HCS simply never even tried to earn it in the first place really; they went silent a mere week after the merge.

So whether or not they will assist Zorg is up in the air.

I hope you can convince them to do so though.

Because let's face it, you're no longer a 1-man company.

You now have colleges with coding experience; I don't see why the company cannot work together on a new system.

It's time to use the resources available, as was promised.

And as for the overhauls you mentioned, we have the Dev server.

Throw it in there and let the Avatars test it out.

We'll give our feedback on what to improve and whatnot.

It's a system that everyone wants to see a change on.

Get the Elders involved.

I doubt there are people in FS who don't complain about certain updates; that player-base exists for every game.

As of this Post, my account is 10 days away from being 10 years old.

Like you've stated, this game is as old as WoW.

And it still has a community playing it.

Don't let it rot away.

If you do, at least be upfront and tell us that no work will ever be worked on from here on out.

We're hopeless people; we'll stay until HCS pulls the plug.

Even then, I'm pretty sure we'll find a forums to chat on anyways.

We're pretty tight-knit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: