• PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:34

Background 

Spoiler

META

The global creatures level 25 can be existing ones or new ones

The 100 hundred list is made of guilds instead of players

Player kill counts accumulate toward the guild kill count which is calculated for the top 100 lists.

REWARD

Rewards could be Guild Locked Chest XYZ which contains 2-3 potions

Example Potion 1
AL 250
LIB 250
Cons 250

Example Potion 2
KE 250
COA 250
SH 250

Example Potion 3
COD 250
Shield W 225
Arm Boost 225

The rewards are stronger than casted buffs but do not replace the composing potions or other rare potions.
(Which is BG's position on new potions if I understood correctly from a conversation I had with him)

Bronze     10 x Chest XYZ
Silver        25 x Chest XYZ
Gold         45 x Chest XYZ
Crystal     70 x Chest XYZ
Ruby        100 x Chest XYZ

Top 100 also get additional Silver reward
Rank 1 also gets 500 RP
Rank 2 also gets 375 RP
Rank 3 also gets 250 RP

Since it is a competition between guilds I feel RP is an appropriate reward
(should it be tier-ed 1, 2-3 and 4-10 instead ??)

Hypothetical Event

20k Kills for Bronze, 50k for Silver, 90k for Gold, 140 for Crystal and 200k for Ruby

Top guilds work towards securing rank 1 and holding their position instead being bored or off put by the level of the buffs in the reward
Small to medium guilds work towards the rewards which benefit their guild members specially where there aren't level 60 composers

The rewards do reflect the amount of effort required and that which can be achieve by either 50k kills each by a 4 member guild or 2k per member of a 100 player guild.

Likewise, if the 4 member guild can only reach 100k kills but they aren't happy they can put in more effort next event to get more chests.

I feel this would promote a more group effort towards competing with other guild regardless of player levels. Also, in some guilds let lower levels feel good knowing they contributed towards rewards for their guild.

Imagine hypothetically, the guild chats of the top guilds on the last day calculating how much stam the guild members have left and investigating other guilds and how much kill potential they have. Also, smaller guilds where people are cheering on the members who are achieving the last few thousand kills to 200k or enough to enter top 100.

There are probably some things I've missed, please comment or rip apart with feedback.

#2 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:00

are there 100 active guilds atm?

2nd point most of the small guilds would have no chance against the big ones ,those with 200k stam and at eoc would be the big winners here

Edited by activeh1, 15 August 2017 - 11:02.

5aZzW0p.png,

#3 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:08

are there 100 active guilds atm?

2nd point most of the small guilds would have no chance against the big ones ,those with 200k stam and at eoc would be the big winners here

There are atleast 100 guilds with one person active but i don't see why we cant reduce it

Since getting top 100 in a guild list shouldn't be hard I'm guessing you mean winners of the RP ? It took me a bit to figure out what the EOC would get out of it but instead I thought RP isn't usually part of the game at EOC so they can have a most kills competition for something that also has a FSP value. 

BTW Its cheaper and quicker to get 500 RP in 15 or so conflicts than to compete in a 4-5 day event to see which guild has more overall stam 

Edited by SiddXIV, 15 August 2017 - 12:11.

#4 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 13:51

Terrible idea. My opinion

#5 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 16:18

Never mind.  Delete this please,  it was not a worthy post.

Edited by Pythia, 15 August 2017 - 17:23.

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 18:47

I don't think this particular idea is a good one BUT! I do like the idea of some event diversity. I'm sure others are bored with the usual events. We need some diversity and i like that aspect of this thread thank you for posting :).

#7 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:15

I don't think this particular idea is a good one BUT! I do like the idea of some event diversity. I'm sure others are bored with the usual events. We need some diversity and i like that aspect of this thread thank you for posting :).

i actually have to agree with you EP (shock horror) what we need is diversity

5aZzW0p.png,

#8 Lupp0

Lupp0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:00

Might be nice to have events where the guild can earn 'prizes', but the whole idea should be revamped in my opinion.

Like stated above.. smaller guilds would have no chance vs 100+ man guilds with half of them being EOC, big stamina banks and bored out of their minds  :D

And adding RP to this is out of the question in my opinion: RP = GvG, and nothing else.

There should not be a top100 ranking of guilds.
There can be, for braggin rigths, but not with additional prizes what so ever, just a goal to reach.

Just something in the order of the guild achievements we have right now.

I think teamplay (in guilds) should be much more promoted.

So idea's like this, with some tweaking, can work wonders for activity and game pleasure probably.

And help with the 'family' aspect of this game, which is the biggest reason many people are still playing this game even after playing for over 10 years.. their guild and friends they met during this time.

Give people more reasons to login to the game on weekly basis.

Give the EOC players with huge stamina banks something to 'work' for as a group :)

But please, do not make top100 guilds/payouts, this will discourage smaller guilds from even participating, since they can never be nr1.

Maybe introduce more achievements in general, and link a reward to it.

Doesn't have to be big, please don't make it to big and overpowered cows, lol

RYUVWTI.png

#9 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:49

Might be nice to have events where the guild can earn 'prizes', but the whole idea should be revamped in my opinion.

Like stated above.. smaller guilds would have no chance vs 100+ man guilds with half of them being EOC, big stamina banks and bored out of their minds  :D

And adding RP to this is out of the question in my opinion: RP = GvG, and nothing else.

There should not be a top100 ranking of guilds.
There can be, for braggin rigths, but not with additional prizes what so ever, just a goal to reach.

Just something in the order of the guild achievements we have right now.

I think teamplay (in guilds) should be much more promoted.

So idea's like this, with some tweaking, can work wonders for activity and game pleasure probably.

And help with the 'family' aspect of this game, which is the biggest reason many people are still playing this game even after playing for over 10 years.. their guild and friends they met during this time.

Give people more reasons to login to the game on weekly basis.

Give the EOC players with huge stamina banks something to 'work' for as a group :)

But please, do not make top100 guilds/payouts, this will discourage smaller guilds from even participating, since they can never be nr1.

Maybe introduce more achievements in general, and link a reward to it.

Doesn't have to be big, please don't make it to big and overpowered cows, lol

I want to bring excitement to the game and competition is something that I would say most people enjoy to an extent. So somebody has to win, if the argument is that someone has an advantage with a larger stam bank then why does anyone participate in GEs or try for top 3 knowing people like Boats, Hoffa  or Dulcharn exist ? 

If it is competition between guilds why cant RP be part of it like this would be Guilds vs Guilds. Can you suggest an alternative 

I agree a new guild achievement would be nice but it should not be "just a goal to reach" because the EOC would just go back to being bored out of their minds.  The point of the RP reward is to make the top top guilds fight for that RP which can be spent on RP buff packs or converted in FSP but they need to compete for it. 

Think about MoM, FFS, TED and DH fighting for top 3, they each have a few with around 200k stam banks. Double the RP reward if they arent interested.

I dont think the top 100 is an issue because the goal is to hit 200k kills for 100 chests, if you want and additional 25 fight for top 100 but if your guild wants to do the minimum they only miss out on 25 chests.

Can you define small guilds ? because as I mentioned in the OP, if the guild is only 4-6 people and they make it to gold tier rewards thats 45 chests split between 4-6 people.

The effort put into the event only affects the quantity of reward not the quality so in essence in my guild if we hit 200k  we would barely have 1 chest per person as opposed to say 1hustler doing 200k kills for 100 chests all to himself 

#10 Lupp0

Lupp0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:13

You could also think about a guild medal, just like the the ones we as players are getting for the global events.

There doesn't have to be any rewards like chests and what not, but there could be something different... no clue what it should be, but don't think in the order of chests.. we can earn enough of those already.

You mentioned people like HOFFA, i don't think he cares 1 bit for the global chests.. i'm not a mind reader, and haven't talked to him.
But some people here in TED never use those chests, they have tons of them.. with much less stamina bank then him.

Getting some 'prestige' however might change things.

And for 1 player to earn a 100 chests, what do you think will happen on the second event?

He will still have 99 chests left.. = zero motivation.

The reason people fight hard on some of these events, is because they are allowed to design/give name to a new item that will be introduced, think like this.

And the reason i say no RP, is because it should be seperated.

Yes it is guild vs guild, i will give you that.

But i prefer the actual guild vs guild gets fixed instead of handing out RP in some different way.

Again, i like the idea, but it needs a rework.

I do not know how, because i haven't really thought about it that good.

But i agree with you that there should be more content for guilds to work towards as a group.. that's for sure.

Linking rewards to it probably is a must, because else people won't get motivated at all...

But giving them chests is not the way to go i think.

RYUVWTI.png

#11 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:28

You could also think about a guild medal, just like the the ones we as players are getting for the global events.

There doesn't have to be any rewards like chests and what not, but there could be something different... no clue what it should be, but don't think in the order of chests.. we can earn enough of those already.

You mentioned people like HOFFA, i don't think he cares 1 bit for the global chests.. i'm not a mind reader, and haven't talked to him.
But some people here in TED never use those chests, they have tons of them.. with much less stamina bank then him.

And for 1 player to earn a 100 chests, what do you think will happen on the second event?

The reason people fight hard on some of these events, is because they are allowed to design/give name to a new item that will be introduced, think like this.

But i prefer the actual guild vs guild gets fixed instead of handing out RP in some different way.

But i agree with you that there should be more content for guilds to work towards as a group.. that's for sure.

Linking rewards to it probably is a must, because else people won't get motivated at all...

The reason I used suggested those chests is because they are guild locked and if you don't want to use KE 250 someone else in the guild wont mind using it since it is better than than level 175 buffs. I mean people pay double or even triple the price for 192 on some buffs. So if you go SE hunting or attempt a bounty on someone buffed use the level 250 pot for slight advantage. Other guilds which harbor the new players really benefit from being able to provide the level 250 leveling buffs they earn in this event.

The reason I mentioned those three names isn't to say that they are interested in GE chests, it was argue that just because someone has an advantage doesn't mean we shouldn't do or try something. If those three wanted they could eliminate everyone else's chances at making an SE or LE.

If the guy does have 99 chests left, then there is no motivation to play anyways. again literally free buffs that are stronger than castable ones. 

I intended for the fight or motivation to compete to be for the RP reward similar to the idea of creature creation. But if you disagree with it being RP, I can respect that.

#12 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 23:24

I agreing, very good posting

siddy246, I liking that you trying giving new idea for making increasing player activity.

#13 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 19:19

Diversity, such as a PvP Seasons Global Event perhaps? Which was promised but as yet has never materialised.

Cheers.

wil72

#14 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:29

PvP Seasons

giphy.gif  opt in

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:44

Lack of staff is all. Wish we had more.

aint that the truth ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#16 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:06

Add it to the long list of stuff that's been promised but never materialised - and then compare it to the list of stuff that'll never happen that DID happen ;)

Indeed, the "Frequent Suggestions" thread should either be updated or scrapped as it has become rather misleading. But back to PvP Seasons as a Global. PvP Seasons is not something new requiring hours spent by HCS to code. It's been in the game before and in my opinion was quite successful. It just didn't cut it as a complete replacement to the current PvP system. So, with just a little tweaking to fit a Global Event, I don't really see WHY it should be added to the, yes, very long list of promised actions by HCS that have never happened. Go on cows, upset the apple cart a little it could be good for the game.  :)

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 19 August 2017 - 13:56.

#17 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:38

upset everyone and bring back the quangos as a global

Edited by activeh1, 19 August 2017 - 12:38.

5aZzW0p.png,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: