Photo

a few suggestions (some people asked me to post new thread)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 21:22

i would like to make some suggestions to first open up my build possibilities including single class veriations and hybrid classes. some of the suggestions are.....

REWORK WHAT ATRIBUTES GIVE YOU

Vitality = Add maximum health and increase health regen. 

• Change to- Add max health, increase health regen, and add to armor/deffences (something like 0.5% in each deffence per point so 40 points would give 20% melee, ranged, spell deffence this is not the numbers that would be used just as an example..) would neen to SLIGHTLY reduce amounts given by armors. 

Energy= Increase maximum mana and mana regen

• Change to- Increase maximum mana and mana regen, and increase haste (set it to what haste from atributes was before you nerfed it OR set it a little higher but reduces haste from equips some), and add to healing power (maybe will need to test it)

Focus = increased accuracy and crit chance

• Change it to - Increase accuracy and crit chance, and increase your dodge rates. 

Melee, Sorc, and ranged = Increase attack power, haste, and dodge rate.... 

• Change them to - increase attack power and crit chance 

This will first off make the other atributes more usefull so makeing them more used. aswell as give people choices..  like currently WHY would i add a point in vit for 20 health when i could instead add it to sorc for more attack power, dodge,  and haste....  would much rather end the fight faster than have that little boost of health if i end fight faster then wouldn't need the extra health anyway.... aslong as had enough to not get 1hit killed.... same goes for energy.

It would also allow people to focus builds and/or choose hybrids..  

Class's

• Templar- Currently the change to impale helped them a little but they still require to worry more about dps than hp to be able to hold agro... average tank at lvl 40 has just above/below 700 dps. and thats not bad for a tank BUT they need about 800+ to be able to hold agro.. also tanks have little to no fun factor almost every single one i know specc into it ONLY because we need it..   i suggest   adding a late tree talent (possible a buff skill) that increases their dps a % of their HP or armor.. something like 5% of their hp or 10% of their armor... it could be a 10-20 second buff with a 5min CD so that its just something they can use at the start of the fight to gain control.

• Warrior-Currently  personaly i think warriors are fine as are.. my only suggestion i would maybe have is make a talent increase number of targets for bloodbath so they have more options than just spamming maelstrom....  also i would make unburdned not require a 2h to encourage more hybrid builds..  

• Assassin -  currently you guys really hurt them with spires... you said you'ld fix it for them a long time ago yet we've not heard anything about it...  lets please fix that and i'ld suggest making leathal concoction not ground effect but target effect...  if i throw a bunch of poison on you is it going to matter if you walk out of the area???? let them be able to drop spires and leathal concoction and kite a bit. also make medium armor more useful for them  add dodge boost to ambidextrouse

• ranger i know nothing about.... sorry :( i think they are good as are personaly but yeah i might be wrong.. 

• Mage- are pretty good as is, people might hate me for it but really i'ld suggest changing their talents up a bit though.. instead of giving flat %'s to crit/haste instead give them % of their focus as crit and % of their energy as haste so they actualy have to build into one or the other.... no point adding talents to a talent that boosts crit based on focus point if you didn't add any focus and same for haste if didn't add energy (if you go with earlier changes) so then people choose one or the other or a lesser of each mixed...... but they shouldn't get both. also i'ld strongly suggest making engulf be castable on party members... why cant i cast it on the tank that is going to be standing there against the mobs?

• Prophet- losing bene hurt.. not in the sense that prophet suck now but in the sense that benediction used to allow us  more freedom and flexibility but now with it in its current form prophet is pretty much limited to one build.. we can still heal just as well as always and its still easy just a lot more boring....  i really wish you all had tried my previous suggestion on bene... leave its CD alone... the reason it was OP was because it healed so much we only had to cast it and then not worry about anyhting else..... so please concider TRYING reverting its CD back but make it only heal about 150 per second thats a huge drop from the 1-2k per second it was healing when was OP.... Also i would really like to see some more dps option in prophet something like mages talents for frostbite and/or blizzard but with drawback so like increase damage of blizzard by 15%/30% you receive 50% healing power reduction for 30 seconds thats just an example i could think of more specifics if interested or you can think of your own just some damage options would be great.......  

• Hybrid- witht he current changes you guys did there aren't really many hybrid builds that are playable....  i think reverting some of them changes back aswell as making the atribute changes i suggested would open up more hybrid possbilities... also i would like to see inciting cry not require a shield... taunt doesn't require a shield and that makes sense why does inciting cry? let us have some hybrid tank builds....  also i think it would help if we was able to mix armor sets.... but the melee/sorc/ranged stat's be halfed when mixed set...  EXAMPLE: i wear most the light set and a couple pieces of heavy = armor set bonus's +5 melee, + 5 sorc, +10 vit, +10 energy. (the like atrib bonus's = the same current value, the unlike ones between the two sets = halved) 

i know this is a really long post and few will read it but i was talking about these things in game and ppl asked me to post it so here it is.... also i'm sure some will dissagree thats fine but try to keep the thread free of snide arrogant remarks..wether you disagree or agree. 

Edited by awollsd, 24 February 2014 - 21:42.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#2 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 21:30

i agree with pretty much everything here
especially this

also i think it would help if we was able to mix armor sets.... but the melee/sorc/ranged stat's be halfed when mixed set...  EXAMPLE: i wear most the light set and a couple pieces of heavy = armor set bonus's +5 melee, + 5 sorc, +10 vit, +10 energy. (the like atrib bonus's = the same current value, the unlike ones between the two sets = halved)

hybrid builds arent seen at all right now and anyone i know who has had one have changed it quickly since its impossible to make one without a lot of setbacks

#3 Kirrito129

Kirrito129

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 February 2014 - 21:48

yeah you need better hybrid because I wanted to really be a battle mage but no way to do it because there is no way to do unless get to really high level.

#4 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 22:10

I really like the idea of dodge added to ambidextrous! Any addition added for medium armor would be very welcome.

We did get a nice small boost to Spires when they doubled the percentage of Watch your Step. It is now not as bad as it was, but will always have it in mind how it used to be :( haha

As for the change to attributes, having not done any thinking or calculations on that I will leave it to others to discuss until I have had a chance to look at it and think it through. Any promotion of hybrid builds would make things more interesting though!

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#5 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 February 2014 - 22:14

Nice War/assin build but change in hast killed build for it to work, End up  spend 6 point's get hast for build to work ! Now build work at lvl 50, Cap at lvl 40 wait for those 10 lv'l's get point's for hyberyed to work with out sacfice large amount of dmg and surviablitite.

Main issue of some hybered class, Lack of skill point's - Skill on other Tree's to high on tree for hybered build to work.

Over all reading thread look's good.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 24 February 2014 - 22:16.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#6 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2014 - 23:49

Class's

• Templar- Currently the change to impale helped them a little but they still require to worry more about dps than hp to be able to hold agro... average tank at lvl 40 has just above/below 700 dps. and thats not bad for a tank BUT they need about 800+ to be able to hold agro.. also tanks have little to no fun factor almost every single one i know specc into it ONLY because we need it..   i suggest   adding a late tree talent (possible a buff skill) that increases their dps a % of their HP or armor.. something like 5% of their hp or 10% of their armor... it could be a 10-20 second buff with a 5min CD so that its just something they can use at the start of the fight to gain control.

I like these ideas and any ideas to put a little more love into templar are welcome.

Personnally im a tank just because i dont have to level and i was always searching for tank to do instance so i changed. I will probably respec when we have new content like most of the tank cause leveling as tank is just too long.

What id like to see is a "offensive stance". So when we do instance, tank can use Defensive stance as usuel and when they want to level or be more offensive they can change to offence but not the 2 at the same time...

#7 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:16

Crit shouldn't be forced into every build, I feel as if you should be able to choose which secondary stat you would like to focus on (or none at all). With Mage for example, you should be able to build a pure attack power mage, a haste mage and a crit mage. Each one would work better with different abilities, for example crit does nothing for damage over time effects but attack power is great.

Looking at prophet you should be able to choose whether you want to focus on direct healing, heal over time spells, absorb shields or damage/healer hybrid (purification talent). We need stats that allow you to choose which path you want to take, which would mean splitting haste, crit and attack power into 3 different stats.

For vitality and energy, I believe a good start would be to reduce the overall effectiveness of all stats, but give us 2-3x as many points per level to distribute. So if you go 100% sorcery you are left with very little life (like 3k instead of the 6k base we get now). Only way to force players to take life is to make them get 1 shot if they ignore it, but there should still be an option for pure glass cannon builds to exist (mage plasma shield for example allows you to absorb a lot of damage if your mana pool is large). If you made the vitality change you would need to severely reduce the CD of plasma shield and increase the mana it burns by 2x more than it currently is for it to be viable/balanced.

For energy you could increase the amount of mana it regenerates in combat by 2-3x of what it is now. There are some classes that are really struggling with mana atm, note this doesn't effect world bosses because of low potion CD but wait until people start doing 5 mans again.

Crit is currently pretty bad for dps, I would suggest to fix crit that you change the currently worthless crit chance gems into crit damage gems. Each tier gives you 5%~ increased critical potency (damage/healing), which makes your crits hit harder. If you stacked 3 of these gems you would then benefit more from putting points into the attribute that gives crit than putting it into melee/ranged/sorcery.

On a side note about prophets: they do NOT need more damage. Perhaps at lower levels but once you have purification (free 3000 attack power) you have more DPS than a mage can ever get vs single target. The drawback is prophet's don't have free your mind to fix mana issues and they can't AoE as well. I think that's an ok compromise for the fact that you have to spend like 20 points in strong healing/defensive talents to get there. You shouldn't be able to deal damage as good as a damage class and have massive healing/defensive CD's, otherwise what's the point of playing a pure damage dealer?

Just look at PvP, the best build atm is a prophet that takes purification, because it does more damage than mage and can't die either due to Righteous Defense + Redemeption + Benedicition damage reduction stack + 140% Spell DPS added to benedicition + soothsaying removing all of the DoT's which the melee classes and rangers basically rely on for damage (because they penetrate 100% of armour). Not to mention the lvl 50 repent talent, which makes you immune to all negative effects with only 45s CD, does that mean 10 second immunity to silence/stun/snare & all DoT's?

Interesting idea about penetration though, you could add it as a stat which causes your abilities to ignore a portion of the targets armour. Doesn't benefit DoT builds, would be a waste for a crit build maybe since you want to stack into crit but would be great to support an attack power based build.

Edited by Malthrus, 28 February 2014 - 11:08.

#8 Aelfric

Aelfric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:00

What id like to see is a "offensive stance". So when we do instance, tank can use Defensive stance as usuel and when they want to level or be more offensive they can change to offence but not the 2 at the same time...

The Offensive Stance talent is in the warrior tree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: