• This topic is locked This topic is locked
330 replies to this topic

#41 Dakkon26

Dakkon26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:36

As for global events & other special events I would like to find out about them when everyone else on FS finds out about them via the home page in game, not word of mouth from other players the day before it's posted on the home page.

This is unfair and it's giving some people a advantage on other players who. When I found out about it I searched the forums for any  information about the event or a upcoming event. Why and how did other players find out about this event days before it started. This is not the first time it's happened.

Thanks Cazz1

The event started on Monday and it was in a post on the homepage on the previous Friday, at the bottom of the post about the creatures in the Scavenging Caves for the weekend:

The Legendaries will be available until 13:00 hours on Monday the 15th of July. The Super Elites are back to stay.

Finally, the Mosquito Global event will return on Monday and we intend on having new Content by Thursday the 18th of July.

Enjoy!

~ The Fallen Sword team.

#42 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:47

this is true too also a nice thing to work on,,perhaps both at once?

There's no point fixing a car until you know that the engine can be fixed too. Fix the mechanics of the ladder, make SURE it's working well, and THEN bring in (if they must) new rewards.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#43 cazz1

cazz1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:48

Oh my who puts a upcoming global event  at the bottom of a update on caves & SE's.

#44 j3k

j3k

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:59

Oh my who puts a upcoming global event  at the bottom of a update on caves & SE's.

Not sure but they were probably seeing if some one read the whole articale  :P

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#45 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:17

Maybe this was addressed elsewhere but with FSH why would you take time to add it to a huge list of things you want to get done when players are doing a great job keeping it running already? To me you have parts that are ok to help with and have help available and willing to do it why take time to redo it?

<edit> sorry that says UFSG not FSH but it was said you plan to incorporate into game when to me having players help with this just frees up more dev time.

best example is footprints,,, a great part of existing FSH already

To short quote Evilbry,  "easier on the servers and it's more efficient for both the player and the game. Reduce lag, blah blah blah". :D. Also, you shouldn't need to rely on third party software to get a good game experience :D.

#46 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:07

treasure chest update . .. nice!  =)

#47 Anam Charaid

Anam Charaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:14

Sounds good, but your track record on fixing anything is poor at best.  The composing idea is fine, but I would be more than willing to give it and any other new idea up in order to see several old bugs fixed.  The lag is frequently brutal.  Many MANY shard offers do not pay.  The old system of FSP's for videos and offers was much better.  You really beat us down in that regard. Upgrades are outdated and the price of FSP's needs to be amended. There are way too many Titans and the cool down system is bogus. No one cares that the same top guilds get all the Epics from Titan hunts since the Epic gear isn't worth the stam to go after it anymore.  I love the game because of the guilds and the friends I have made there, not for the play itself.  The play is boring and needs major adjustments.  Why else do you think there are only half the players online at any one time as compared to a couple of years ago?  Yes, I've rambled and strayed and haven't offered any solutions.  That is because I'm bored, frustrated, and have little faith in you.  There it is in a nut shell.

#48 Versair

Versair

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:32

Good idea for a thread. I ask that you stay on top of keeping the "Planned Development" section updated with all the things that were promised and haven't happened yet. People have already came in here and posted such things and it would be great if your post could be updated to reflect that.

To that list I would like to see "Gold Upgrades resetting at 00:00 server time daily", it was promised in a thread after composing and it would be great to see that actually happen. Thread link: http://forums.hunted...showtopic=55418

#49 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:49

Sounds good, but your track record on fixing anything is poor at best.  The composing idea is fine, but I would be more than willing to give it and any other new idea up in order to see several old bugs fixed.  The lag is frequently brutal.  Many MANY shard offers do not pay.  The old system of FSP's for videos and offers was much better.  You really beat us down in that regard. Upgrades are outdated and the price of FSP's needs to be amended. There are way too many Titans and the cool down system is bogus. No one cares that the same top guilds get all the Epics from Titan hunts since the Epic gear isn't worth the stam to go after it anymore.  I love the game because of the guilds and the friends I have made there, not for the play itself.  The play is boring and needs major adjustments.  Why else do you think there are only half the players online at any one time as compared to a couple of years ago?  Yes, I've rambled and strayed and haven't offered any solutions.  That is because I'm bored, frustrated, and have little faith in you.  There it is in a nut shell.

On a strictly personal level, I'd have to disagree with quite a lot of that...

1) From my experience, I'd say that about 95% of shard offers pay out and that, point 2 of the "Fallen Sword Rewards Terms and Conditions" states ... "

• Advertiser offers are provided on an "as-is" basis, no guarantee is made for the crediting of any offer, and no-party can be held responsible for any offer not credited, or crediting errors

It also goes on to state "If you do not get credited, or you have any issue with the offers, please use contact our dedicated support team!." - They try to help, but if the company who you've done the offer with say it was done fraudulently, or incorrectly or for whatever reason, then the shard payment won't follow. That's my understanding of how it works anyway. As for the old system of actual FSP's for rewards - that's been explained countless times - look for the threads.

2) Why does the price of FSP's need to be amended ? - Are you referring to the amount you get in response to a donation, or the amount they sell for in the marketplace ? - If the former, I think the amount given out is perfectly fine and if the latter, then that's not the cows responsibilty. All they can do (and DO do) is give us gold sinks to try to keep the price reasonable. If folk are willing to buy fsp's from other players for 180k each / 200k each / 220k each, then who's to blame ? A lot of folk just list their gold for the highest price to try to ensure a quick sale and then within mins, the price falls again. I've seen gold going for 210k / fsp and, 5 mins later, it's back down to 180k / fsp or lower.

(EDIT) - just been pointed out to me that perhaps you're meaning the FSP MARKETPLACE LISTINGS page ? - that should probably be removed IMO

3) Too many titans ? - Hmmm, I don't think so - the fact that there are plenty and the introduction of the cooldown is a great thing. It means more and more folk can hunt the titans and that the previously unassailable titan guilds have to let other people have a bite of the cherry when they are in cooldown. As to why cooldown is bogus, please explain ?? And they're not worth the stamina to go after them now ? - Last time I checked, stamina was FREE and most titan items still have a reasonable price

There's my thoughts on your post in a slightly larger nutshell :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#50 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:55

Good luck!

#51 iTzBiLL

iTzBiLL

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:57

Just wondering, should be a quick fix, but in the AH... sort by stat option... can you add "stamina", "stamina gain", "XP gain" and "gold gain" to this list?  Thanks HCS!  

BiLL

BiLL2.png

#52 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:31

I still think my idea to remove/raise the cap on the amount of gold per FSP in the Marketplace Listings section would be an easy fix.  As it is, limiting listings to 100,000 gold per FSP, is unrealistic.

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=57145

#53 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 13:01

Requests for UFSG:
 - if a creature requires a certain item equipped to attack, list it and put a link to it
 - if a realm requires progress in a quest, have a link to the quest and which step you have to progress to
 - green ankh symbol showing stairways in realm maps
 - links on item pages to what recipes they are used in

along with the already-mentioned "part of item set" checkbox like in the AH (for use with Coordinated Attack and Defense), links between components and resources, and a link for every item that is part of a recipe back to the recipe's page.

#54 MightyBart

MightyBart

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 13:31

Allow relics to be captured by 1 player with a group again to stop the current obsessive occupation of them, we had lots of fun in "the old days" but so many aspects have been tightened up and - in my opinion - that took a lot of pleasure out of the game. Same with PvP, that whole ladder concept never worked and wrecked the pvp - not that I like pvp but I met some great people through it.

Cows, we are here to have fun, not to be regulated to death and to be micro managed, the game was succesful but you overstructured it, let go of some restricting rules but also let go of the rule where everyone can start a guild without points backup

Oh well, guess I'm a grumpy old veteran :-)

#55 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 13:50

I'd love to see a serious discussion regarding the arena

#56 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 July 2013 - 14:13

Wasn't there a promise about a year ago to add some type of leader or officer designation to guild ranks?  Not crititcal, but would certainly be nice to have, and IIRC, HCS agreed to add it.

#57 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 14:24

I would also love to see arena changes added to the pipeline - whether it be Shindrak's token system or Dulcharn's idea of a 2nd prize for runner-up.  Either of those or the combination of the two could really stimulate more activity in the arena. 

As for the complaints I've been reading in this thread (as well as several others) about not as many players being online, please think on this:  I quit playing for nearly 2 years and just started back again maybe 3 months ago.  Before I quit on a good day there was maybe between 500-600 people online at any given time I was logged in, and this was right before the introduction of Global Events.  In the past 3 months, I could count on one hand the number of times I have seen the number of online players drop below 500...in fact, usually it is in the 600-700 range.  Maybe it is just me, but I think maybe there is just a wee little too much doomsaying about the cows and what they are doing.  Cut them some slack and be thankful they haven't abandoned this game altogether.  Keep up the good work cows and thanks for the new content, events, and updates!!!  :) 

#58 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 July 2013 - 17:13

Hoof .. PLEASE ... this is vital! http://forums.hunted...showtopic=55640

#59 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 19:17

I must say I am pleasently surprised with this. :)  Composing, somewhere next month sounds fine with me, gives me plenty of time to get more fragments. The next installments of epic quests would be nice to have also, one quest will do if you ask me. Then you can give us another chapter the next month :) You see, I am easily satisfied. But would it be possible to add some info about that you need some special items for some of the mobs around added to the Guide? And something to make it easier to figure out which mobs I need to slaughter to get to the components an recipe needs would be nice too..

#60 j3k

j3k

Posted 23 July 2013 - 19:40

As for Diamond Medals 

i'm wondering on the medal Adventure     since their are only a total of 825 quest  will the 825 be diamond 

@hoofmaster are you adding in more quest's into the game  other than the epic one? ?

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: