#1 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 17:40

... but it is sooo not fair that no one can take #1 player from ********* now .. he will perpetually maintain this position with 600k stam bank and the retarded amount of time that passes between content ,noone else has a chance to take this from him. As of now i have to hunt at full stam with a 150k stambank and will be over the level of the next content release whenever that is with neither me or anyone else in the game standing a chance of taking the #1 spot .. The #1 spot used to be hotly contested .. now its a joke ... end of rant,discuss if you care to.

Edited by BigGrim, 01 November 2016 - 10:51.
No unwanted attention please.

#2 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 17:44

We're looking to get new content out a bit more regularly on the run up to Christmas.

#3 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 17:47

not to be pesimistic .. but it will have to come at a more than a slightly increased rate for ANYONE else to ever have a chance of being # 1 again... ever... do the math and you will see.

Edited by UrcK, 31 October 2016 - 17:51.

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 18:00

Well, I gotta admit, it's impressive. He's spent stam to get that high. Will try to get more sorted sharpish.

#5 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 18:07

Thank you BG.. maybe some type of #1 Player cooldown .. when a certain guild was owning titans a cooldown was put into effect to make it fair for everyone and it worked out for the best.

Edited by UrcK, 31 October 2016 - 18:08.

#6 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 18:07

I am a lower level player but I like to make a suggestion on this topic if possible. I am thinking two or three lists for top player those over 200,00 stamina above top list and those under the marker. Then one fs worldwide lists.  From where I am sitting in the rear view mirror mission impossible to get to world top list, but a reshuffle maybe us lower levels can compete to get to the next list deal making a competition like king or queen of the top place mountain.  I hope this is something to help. 

Sorry for the extra baggage post of repetition. 

Edited by bigchaos, 31 October 2016 - 18:17.

#7 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 18:11

Or, alternatively, prevent combat from giving you personal xp if you're at EOC. This is in fact, a similar solution to what happened long ago. When the FSP upgrade was changed to prevent you from buying XP beyond EOC.

Edited by grimnok, 31 October 2016 - 18:12.

#8 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 18:15

i love that idea grimnok...

back in the day people used to use saved quests to fight it out for #1 spot .. it allowed for everyone to have a chance at #1 each time content was released..

Edited by UrcK, 31 October 2016 - 18:21.

#9 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 18:32

I have modified the title of the thread to reflect its direction

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 19:30

What's stopping you from leveling up? You don't need new content to level up. You've had months to do it he hasn't leveled once since then. Even with new content if he wanted too he could maintain it.

#11 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 19:33

*scratches head*... so the number one player as far as XP goes should not be number one? 

Sorry, don't follow.

I can hardly see why someone who has worked towards a goal should be stripped of it. 

EDIT: Double posted same message for some reason.

Edited by Egami, 31 October 2016 - 19:34.

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 19:35

Your already #1 anyways so i'm just confused  ;). Want the #1 position take it from him. He won't take it sitting down tho.

#13 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 19:45

I'm sure the cows didn't intend for one player to be able to hold the number one spot for years at a time .. just like they didn't intend for one guild to be able to control titans .. and as with the titans .. this broken system needs fixed.

#14 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 19:46

I am a lower level player but I like to make a suggestion on this topic if possible. I am thinking two or three lists for top player those over 200,00 stamina above top list and those under the marker. Then one fs worldwide lists.  From where I am sitting in the rear view mirror mission impossible to get to world top list, but a reshuffle maybe us lower levels can compete to get to the next list deal making a competition like king or queen of the top place mountain.  I hope this is something to help. 

Sorry for the extra baggage post of repetition. 

I should clarify more meaning keep xp highest goal but split list by x amount stamina above and below two lists of top rating then overall list for fs world. I think like our montly list shows. I think this might give incentive to try for king or queen of xp mountain deal. Only a thought here and I hope we have more ideas on how to keep players interested and challenged by the game to play.  B)

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 19:47

I don't think a single guild would dominate titans anymore...Without CD. Teleport has massively changed the playing field.

#16 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 19:51

the man spent plenty of resources to maintain number 1

get the same amount of resources and try to compete if you can't win it from him then ur clearly not number 1 ...

Best Player Diamond   Be the No. 1 player for at least 720 days (in total).

and they want some1 to be number 1 for 2 years total :P

so imo yes boatsnhos is rocking them levels he deserves the credit

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#17 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:00

I don't think a single guild would dominate titans anymore...Without CD. Teleport has massively changed the playing field.

This isn't about titan hunting, so lets please stay on topic.  This is about players getting demoralized and discontinuing their play as they see no possibility and achieving #1.  Top player is a joke now.  What you have is 160 players who are ABOVE EoC.  Their levels vary form 3101-3140.  The average player level amongst those 160 is ~3110.  Those numbers show a shocking lack of content.  Even if you don't put a cooldown on the #1 player, something has to be done.  40 levels above content, does that not seem ridiculous to anyone else?

I harbor no ill-will towards any top players (aspiring for #1 or not), but there is a serious lack of levels now that won't get fixed unless very large chunks of content is released.  Make it so hunting EoC doesn't award personal XP, put a cooldown on the #1 player...I don't care.  But please, for my sanity and everyone else's...fix the root of the problem.  Focus on releasing more levels or this EoC problem will not change.

Edited by iceman66, 31 October 2016 - 20:00.

#18 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:04

the man spent plenty of resources to maintain number 1

get the same amount of resources and try to compete if you can't win it from him then ur clearly not number 1 ...

Best Player Diamond   Be the No. 1 player for at least 720 days (in total).

and they want some1 to be number 1 for 2 years total :P

so imo yes boatsnhos is rocking them levels he deserves the credit

In response to what was said above. Best player isn't about being fair. Your either the best or your not the whole medal itself is based unfairness.  If your not #1 get over it your not the best player in the game right now. What's stopping anyone from leveling up with no content? You don't need content to level.

Don't you remember that long period of time where a guild FFS was #1 for years? Are you to say that was unfair? That ought to be very demoralizing for all the other guilds.

Edited by EpicPiety, 31 October 2016 - 20:10.

• 3JS likes this

#19 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:11

I don't think punishing the person who used his resources as well as he could is a fair answer. If we were all in that position we would not want it taken from us. Having made the effort to achieve this. Nobody has gotten close. Just shows the resources it takes to do so.

The source of this problem is the lack of content not allowing anyone to progress at all. This is the real issue at hand and BG has said repeatedly he does intend to work on it. I for one have sympathy for a 1 man show attempting to satisfy a largely ungrateful community. 

You cannot punish a player who earned his place fairly as a quick solution. Content is your fair solution. Though it will not benefit me at all I really hope it is forthcoming. Even if it is awfully designed just get it out and improve it later.

That's my two. For what it's worth. :)

• 3JS likes this

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:13

I don't think punishing the person who used his resources as well as he could is a fair answer. If we were all in that position we would not want it taken from us. Having made the effort to achieve this. Nobody has gotten close. Just shows the resources it takes to do so.

The source of this problem is the lack of content not allowing anyone to progress at all. This is the real issue at hand and BG has said repeatedly he does intend to work on it. I for one have sympathy for a 1 man show attempting to satisfy a largely ungrateful community. 

You cannot punish a player who earned his place fairly as a quick solution. Content is your fair solution. Though it will not benefit me at all I really hope it is forthcoming. Even if it is awfully designed just get it out and improve it later.

That's my two. For what it's worth. :)

Agree, but even with no content it's still possible to level and try to surpass the current #1 player. People may forget the levels he obtained were outside of the current content.

Edited by EpicPiety, 31 October 2016 - 20:19.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: