• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:45

I would love a rightclick function on materials with the option "autofill in sack".

If this is toggled on, this material gets automatically filled into sacks, if toggled off it doesnt

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#2 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:23

Would be amazing!

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#3 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 14:01

+1 i cant give likes anymore

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#4 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2014 - 14:37

Yes please!  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#5 Linkondrugs

Linkondrugs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 15:04

Would love it.

Gathering:

Crystal Cutting:  49  | Fishing:  49  | Forestry:  49  | Skinning:  49  | Farming:  49  Foraging:  49  | Prospecting:   49 |

Crafting:

Alchemy: 49  Cooking:  49  | Leatherworking:  49  | Weaponsmithing:  49  | Armorsmithing:  49  | Jewelry:  49  | Tailoring: 49

5,000+ Hours Logged, Closed Beta Player, Richest Merchant Around ;D

#6 KindCaesar

KindCaesar

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 15:18

think its hard to code

while ( sack != full ) 

{

std::cout<<fill sack<< endl;

}

#7 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 16:15

people always think its so easy ... you had some programming lessons? super!

It is easy if the system is built up right in the first place to just simply add one of those lines.

But the implementation of making items autosackable or not would require at least a new class (or a class attribute - if there is a own class for example the picked up item). This class / classattribute must hold the value of sackable yes/no and a method to set this value for each item that can be gathered.

So if the gathered item isnt handled in a single class yet, it would require a lot of codelines to be added, because it shouldnt be a stupid system which just adds everything into a sack when you retrieve it, because that wouldnt be what i want. For example when i mine Crystals i want the quartz to be added into the sacks, but the crystal powder not. As Crystal powder has much higher stacks and can be easily placed in backpacks to safe room for more stone output. Also when i pick up a random ressource i dont want it to be auto sacked that i have to unsack it again and then do whatever (sell / destroy)

Basically when the item is picked up a function must run over your inventory and possible all your backpacks if there is a unfilled sack, if yes, another function have to be run over this item, if the Item is toggled as auto-sack or not and then the 3rd function of placing the item into the sack instead of the function of placing it into inventory has to be run ... 

If u just watch the last 3 lines you see there are 3 functions that have to run ... and now you have to check if you can add this 3 functions in your existing code or not ... is the game allready programmed for this 3 functions to be added or do you need functions in different classes to retrieve the values needed for this comparisons to make them work.

And after adding this functions the output must still be fast ... so performance is a very hard point to look at, because you dont want to get the item 1 second after you picked it, you want to get it in 0 seconds (for your eyes).

Yeah if you make a small game where you can pick up things and they get placed into sacks ur "hard code" is probably right ... but on a larger project even small changes can be gamebreaking ... Can sound stupid to people that have not much / nothing to do with gameprogramming ... but thats a fact.

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#8 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:07

Would love to see auto sacking implement and the ability to turn it off/on as desired for people that don't want to use it.

+1

#9 Norhede

Norhede

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 13:12

+1 :) I would love that - altthough some sort of confirmation or setup should be required, as to not make botting easier..

| Crystal Cutting: 14 | Farming: 11 | Fishing: 16 | Foraging: 16 | Forestry: 18 | Prospecting: 31 | Skinning: 35 |

| Alchemy: 19 | Armorsmithing: 8 | Cooking: 19 | Jewelry: 10 | Leatherworking: 27 | Tailoring: 1 | Weaponsmithing: 18 |

#10 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 February 2014 - 15:05

I think this could really go well with the new craft-all button.  Say you have mined 4000 bronze ore (filling 40 sacks) plus an additional 2000 coal (filling 8 sacks) and now you have maybe one free sack left.  With or without craft all, after you buy your 2000 flux (which can't be put in sacks) you will have to manage your sacks on the fly to capture all the output you will generate, or your inventory will fill up and the processing will stop.  On the other hand, with this change, as sacks are emptied of ore and coal, they will get filled with output bars or ingots.   That means you can take a little break after all that grinding you just did...   :D

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#11 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:14

I would love a rightclick function on materials with the option "autofill in sack".

If this is toggled on, this material gets automatically filled into sacks, if toggled off it doesnt

would be also nice if we can sell content to npc without having them do discard from sacks

#12 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:32

would be also nice if we can sell content to npc without having them do discard from sacks

you can - just sell the sack and it sells the content as long as the sack isnt empty u get your sack back

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#13 sareth

sareth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:54

you can - just sell the sack and it sells the content as long as the sack isnt empty u get your sack back

ahh thanks for the tip 

#14 Honza

Honza

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Czech Republic

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:47

Lagenia is right... as long as you want flag itemtype as stackable, you'll need to modify base (abstract/interface)SackableItem with the property "IsSackingEnabled", save the settings to server database (new table UserToStackables - int userId, int itemTypeId, bit isStacking), service and all communication from data layer up to UI to save and store settings... and you need to keep the settings cached or you melt the database with gazillion requests.

Good coder could do that between 2-5 days depending how ready for that the current code is. Then you need to extensively test it.. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: