#1 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 20:55

Would be nice if there was a profession calc for working out how many items needed to level.

It could have an option for supporter to work out the extra % xp you get, using experience boosters and anything else that may affect profession exp.

Sometimes it's nice to see if you have enough space to carry out something or how many runs you may need to mine so much ore for example, especially with space being so key in playing.

I'm currently trying to figure out how many ores and bars i'd need from 40-45 in prospecting and WS. If anyone knows the answer i'd be happy to hear it.

Edited by Ant, 26 March 2014 - 20:56.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#2 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 21:17

my guess.....35k lol idk

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#3 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 21:25

A rough estimate is better than nothing :) ty.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#4 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 26 March 2014 - 21:42

AS/LW/Tailor
About 3500 Bars/Leather/Cloth with Supporter + Pot to get lvl 1 -16
About 7-8k Bars/Leather/Cloth with Supporter + Pot to get lvl 16-32
About 5k Bars/Leather/Cloth with Supporter + Pot to get lvl 32-40

These are the number i recall from my own calculations. But my memory isnt always the best :P

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#5 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 21:45

Cheers Zook that will come in handy when i start some of the other professions too.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#6 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 26 March 2014 - 22:51

I always had leftovers tho. Cos I calculated on lowest xp/mat. And didnt take Daliy XP either.
I remember jewelry lvl 32-40. I got 5k ingots and stones for it. Only used 2.9k each lol.

About previous numbers, the one im most unsure about is lvl 32-40. Could be more. But im pretty sure its near it.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#7 proffej

proffej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 23:36

If they make it to simple to run all a person has to do  to bot is add in the  nubers and walk away i think it should all be comepleatly random  and random node  locations  make everything pop locations like the titans do on fs  lol that will keep bots down  and  a time limit on nodes    same with random xp gains in all boss fights and random drops not get say gems or gear maybe coin bags is all on some drops making it so they  are more harder to get everything so easy

#8 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 23:50

If they make it to simple to run all a person has to do  to bot is add in the  nubers and walk away i think it should all be comepleatly random  and random node  locations  make everything pop locations like the titans do on fs  lol that will keep bots down  and  a time limit on nodes    same with random xp gains in all boss fights and random drops not get say gems or gear maybe coin bags is all on some drops making it so they  are more harder to get everything so easy

well Babe as you don't skill like I do. I must disagree with some of this. I would love to have a calculator. So I can figure out how much I need of each item.  Would make it easier for me to know when I have enough mats for the skill I am working. Making the nodes random spawn is a great idea though. I think that would help cut down on the bots as long as there is no set spawn spot for them

• Ant likes this

#9 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 00:19

You lost me >_>

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#10 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:16

I do this all the time, for Crafting skills (I find Gathering skills tend to take care of themselves, except for maybe Foraging).  You just need a regular calculator and someplace to take some notes:

1) Compute the minimum skill XP to needed reach next level (max - current). Call this value 'T'.

2) Select a "grind item".   Find the plain item in your recipe book that yields the most XP for the least amount of gathered mats (purchased mats are irrelevant to this).  There are usually only a few "golden recipes" per page that are best.  If you are making items requiring mixed mats (WS), or there is there is a clear alternate, pick the one that will benefit the Gathering skill that needs it the most (if you want).  You may need to make a few test items to find out what XP each recipe gives.  (In the old days when the XP gain was a little random, I would do 10 items or so and compute the average.)   Remember that the XP gain for a recipe increases each time you level up, and also to recalculate T after any tests.

Call the XP gain 'X' and the processed mat(s) required per the selected item 'M'.

3) Calculate the number of items needed to level the skill (rounding any fraction up):  N = T / X

4) Calculate the total number of processed mats needed: P = N x M

5) Double that for the number of raw mats that need to be gathered, P x 2.   Note that you will also need P co-factor mats (coal, wool, sap, etc.).

Gather exactly all that stuff and grind away.  Make and vendor the created items to free up space.

Remember to check the the new available daily if you level into it (i.e. into a level that is a multiple of 5) before vendoring your last batch of items, as the grind item is often one of the things needed for the new daily.

Oh, yeah, and I never use crafting pots.  Don't have enough storage to justify using them.

(Apologies to those who consider the above obvious.)

Edited by WowRefugee, 10 April 2014 - 04:17.

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#11 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:19

(Apologies to those who consider the above obvious.)

This suggestion was before lvl 45 content, which I was trying to work out lvl 40-45 mainly for WS & prospecting.

When you hit lvl 40 back then in a profession, you could've made an infinite amount of items and you wouldn't have seen how much exp you were getting.

I was preparing for the lvl 45 update to stock up and I was either lvl 40 in a proffession or not started it at all, so hadn't a clue of what the exp was.

I may look like I'm dumb now but that's how my suggestion came about.

Edited by Ant, 10 April 2014 - 08:25.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#12 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:40

This is where usually wikis and similar 3:rd party webpages come in, many help sites include calculators. For some levels that haven't come out yet, you can only guess...

• Ant likes this

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: