Photo

Tanning leather gives skinning xp instead of leatherworking, bug or intentional?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 penmen22

penmen22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:51

It seems awfully strange to me that when I was tanning leather, it was giving me skinning experience. Skinning is under the gathering tab, and leather working is under crafting. Since I am crafting the tattered leather, shouldn't it give leatherworking xp instead of skinning?

#2 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:01

It is intentional . Tanning is considered as " processing stage " of skinning , only after tanning you get the leathers which u can use for " Leatherworking " . 

Same is the case for prospecting, farming ,crystal cutting etc . All of these have a processing stage after obtaining the raw materials .

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#3 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:29

Most  gathered mats go through a processing stage that give XP to the respective gathering skill.  In fact, only Foraging mats and mats gathered for Cooking use (from Farming, Foraging and Skinning) do not.

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#4 penmen22

penmen22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 13:02

That honestly doesn't make sense to me. I've already skinned the creature and received the xp, and I am now crafting the leather, not gathering it.

But alright. Thank you for the kind responses :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: