• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#41 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 19:56

.Aizen's already gotten himself 100 billion cult xp in our cult (currently in limbo from the cult xp form of the de-levelling bug) and I've got over 20 billion from a single hunt

yeah... those new big creatures don't have reduced cult xp. i almost doubled mine on one VDB. got to love those Nidhogors.

one possible remedy to the Melee situation is to not challenge them at all and thus bore them to death. a very real possiblilty which is why i suspect GMC tried to manufacture some contrived dispute or whatever you call that with untamed salvation. it's a pathological behavior of a 'super power' to try to manufacture conflicts often through fake accusations of wrong doing or sometimes just sticking their testicles in your face as a primitive show of domination.

#42 Mortski

Mortski

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 19:59

well said Fizzler!

I don't claim to have joined a great cult because of their rank - I claim to be part of a great cult because of the people in it. It was why I joined TR, why Shadow oak will always be a great cult - friendship.

But it is a game, and if a bunch of hard working players get together to become the top ranked cult - well good luck to them. I just hope they can form a bond beyond XP, cos if they don't then it will soon fall apart. It takes more than levelling to keep a cult together.

Melee is more than the sum its XP.

#43 AizenVicious

AizenVicious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 21:04

Aizen, I think you fail to appreciate the distance between Melee and the rest of us.

I've been playing for two and a half years, and fairly actively. All of that time I've been in FE, and I'm almost at 300 000 000 000 cult xp. Melee has six players who have a little more, to just under twice as much (Jem) cult xp as I do, not to mention GmbH, who's around four and a half times what I have.

You think you can shake a few players out of the top 100 and make a run at them?

Alright, say you get one of the cults with 10 000 000 000 000 (isn't it embarrasing I can't remember how the 10^13 works?) to sign on. That leaves 3.5x10^13 xp you still have to make up. Not much, eh? Well, you'd need 229 players, all who were capable of killing a dregdin mage in 10 AP, to go out and do that, with 100 USPs each. No problem?

Well, they're still leveling, themselves. You know GmbH is sitting on enough to get to 50K, and wouldn't mind rubbing someone's nose in it along the way. I pay attention to Fredds19, beause he's above me in the spirit list, and he bounces up to the top eight or nine, then falls back out, so he's still active. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that Jem's keeping her end up. Heck, they just got a miner that has more cult xp than you and lasciel combined.

So, I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but I still don't think there are enough people playing out there to do it. Don't listen to that parrot GMC. I mean, maybe if you got 125 or so players, with 100 USPs each, you'd be able to overtake in the very long term, just from numbers and natural ap, but if you thought you'd do it with 20 or so, you'd be looking at over 1000 USPs each, and I don't know who'd do that,at least now.

If you do find 124 more, I'll throw in a alt with 100 USPs and a wee mage with a couple of dozen more. I might not like to look up at the mountain and see it laughing down on me, but I'm not about to take up the challenge of climbing it, only to turn back, halfway.

I don't know what planet you live on but it could be done. I hit 500 billion cult xp in Fate in about 6-7 months? And now I have 120 billion cult xp in me and lasciel's cult (which doesn't show because some bug erased 100 billion of my cult xp). Now if I'm just one player that brought in that much cult xp and we had 20 other players doing roughly the same, we could give Melee a challenge at least. I'm sure everyone in Melee would love to at least have a challenger.
Aizen

#44 AizenVicious

AizenVicious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 21:09

why would ya want to beat melee anyway ? ppl come ppl go will melee be on top forever ? maybe maybe not and if they are well lets face they deserve to be due to having 6 really powerful mems . and as for the hangers on who like to claim to be part of the best cult so what ? all in all they are a cult . in our cult im like
6 x higher than they next person but that doesnt mean they dont belong with me coz they do we play together coz thats what the games all about . having fun .

good luck if you try it though but methinks it will fail.

Of course it will fail. Nobody will even try.
Aizen

#45 gothador_billhicks

gothador_billhicks
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2008 - 21:25

I'm offering. guess I'm no one? Must be all the rest don't have the balls, nor intelligence to try. Stay in the safe zone, never try nothing new. Interesting. I hate the comfort zones.

#46 blacqmath

blacqmath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 April 2008 - 21:33

fizzler... you said it best :)

Siggycopy_zpsee681d02.png

Gothador - Devilishly Addictive! Play online now for free!

http://www.gothador....x.php?ref=69708

#47 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 21:44

I'm disappointed actually. Someone is offering to make a challenge to everyone, trying to put a spark back in the game and he's getting slammed pretty hard. :roll:

#48 blacqmath

blacqmath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 21:55

yeah... is a worthy challenge, but i'd like to keep challenging my cult with new recuiting new members and in cult competions. wm and i have a blast in beyond redeption, but rather stay here and guide new culties and make up our own cult quests, than join a cult for the goal of #1.

#49 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 22:49

Now that makes since Black

#50 gothador_nyarlathote

gothador_nyarlathote
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 00:10

I'm offering. guess I'm no one? Must be all the rest don't have the balls, nor intelligence to try. Stay in the safe zone, never try nothing new. Interesting. I hate the comfort zones.

Well, you're already in a cult with Aizen, so you're pretty much in already. :wink:

#51 gothador_billhicks

gothador_billhicks
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 00:19

Well I am now, but I wanted to let the good folks of Valhalla know why. Got MM's blessing too.

#52 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 00:39

I'm disappointed actually. Someone is offering to make a challenge to everyone, trying to put a spark back in the game and he's getting slammed pretty hard. :roll:

He deserves it, along with anyone else who thinks this will be a cake walk.

Aizen, you wonder what planet I live on? Alright, think about this. You spent maybe $2K ( I think I remember reading that somewhere) to get to level 28K, and it took you six or seven months? So, you need nine people to spend that much, to get the 35 squillion or whatever xp you'd need to get up to Melee now, if you have a cult to take you in? But, wait. What did you kill to get there? You're in the top five for dregdin mages, and I think second for dregdin warriors. Good plan! Now, what will the rest of us kill?

In fact, if we were all to do this, exclusively on dregdin mages, it would take 364.75 days, killing each spawn, 24 hours a day, if there were 100 mages per spawn, and I don't think there are that many sper spawn. So be prepared, and get a cult forum with a sign up sheet, for the icedrop woods.

So far, you have yourself, lasciel, my alt, and some dead comedian. What else will you need? Miners, smelters, traders of all ilks, orbers, and a good handle on which traders, exchangers, and such belong to Melee, because you'd have to cut them back, financially. Ever notice what happens to a new member joining Melee? They seem to jump in levels quite a bit, so you'd want to hit them economically. That miner's up to 93 billion, now.

Sulk if you want to, saying no one will try, but this isn't anything like you're used to. It's not like waking up on Friday, finding out somehow that your paycheck found it's way into your account, putting in a half-assed day at work, then going out at night to get drunk.

For those of you that want no part, either because it doesn't interest you, or you (rightly) expect it to fail, and so want no part of Melee's derision, I'm sure we can all respect your decision.

This can be done, no question. Find 50 solid upper levels, the supporting alts, and get the thing organized. Have you even approached a top five cult, yet? Do that first, then start moving players in. Throw on a few levels, and see if you can drag in some more. But just posting that no one's going to do this is a waste of a post. Do something about it, or give up, already.

#53 gothador_billhicks

gothador_billhicks
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:13

I am not dead, it was all a horrible misunderstanding.

#54 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:40

I have much respect for Aizen for putting this together and at least attempting something. You may be joining a cult that has the intentions of going #1, but I guarantee along the way you would find so much more.

Commit yourself to it 100%, ignore the naysayers, and it can be done.

as for Uriah's arguments, the game will not stay the exact same. New creatures will come out and new ways might come up along the way. But when those new ways do come up, the basis of taking advantage of those is to have a cult already together and organized.

There is a chance that it could fail, but so what, at least you tried. Screw whatever else is said about it. If it does succeed, can you imagine what a great accomplishment that would be? I myself would sing your praises.

oh, and you all are reading too much into my thread about Untamed Salvation, and taking way too seriously. I've heard everything from ego trip to trying to bait sacbro into getting him banned. It was only to have a little fun on the forums. talk about them sucking, then have them talk about how bad I suck. good fun, it is. Then again, everything that has happened because of that has been pretty amusing. :P

#55 gothador_asmodeus

gothador_asmodeus
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:42

He deserves it, along with anyone else who thinks this will be a cake walk.

Aizen, you wonder what planet I live on? Alright, think about this. You spent maybe $2K ( I think I remember reading that somewhere) to get to level 28K, and it took you six or seven months? So, you need nine people to spend that much, to get the 35 squillion or whatever xp you'd need to get up to Melee now, if you have a cult to take you in? But, wait. What did you kill to get there? You're in the top five for dregdin mages, and I think second for dregdin warriors. Good plan! Now, what will the rest of us kill?

In fact, if we were all to do this, exclusively on dregdin mages, it would take 364.75 days, killing each spawn, 24 hours a day, if there were 100 mages per spawn, and I don't think there are that many sper spawn. So be prepared, and get a cult forum with a sign up sheet, for the icedrop woods.

So far, you have yourself, lasciel, my alt, and some dead comedian. What else will you need? Miners, smelters, traders of all ilks, orbers, and a good handle on which traders, exchangers, and such belong to Melee, because you'd have to cut them back, financially. Ever notice what happens to a new member joining Melee? They seem to jump in levels quite a bit, so you'd want to hit them economically. That miner's up to 93 billion, now.

Sulk if you want to, saying no one will try, but this isn't anything like you're used to. It's not like waking up on Friday, finding out somehow that your paycheck found it's way into your account, putting in a half-assed day at work, then going out at night to get drunk.

For those of you that want no part, either because it doesn't interest you, or you (rightly) expect it to fail, and so want no part of Melee's derision, I'm sure we can all respect your decision.

This can be done, no question. Find 50 solid upper levels, the supporting alts, and get the thing organized. Have you even approached a top five cult, yet? Do that first, then start moving players in. Throw on a few levels, and see if you can drag in some more. But just posting that no one's going to do this is a waste of a post. Do something about it, or give up, already.

Thank you.

#56 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:52

Or maybe some others that can have life sparked into them. I'm going to enjoy sitting back and watching the fireworks.

And yes GMC, you suck lemons :P

#57 AizenVicious

AizenVicious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:09

Thanks GMC. I'll make a goal of getting 1 trillion cult xp on my own in the next couple months. All I need is a couple other players that can actually level to join me in my quest and it won't be impossible. Right now I'm getting 20-23 billion cult xp per BDV and only using about 10 usp's each. So I can get 1 trillion cult xp with 500 usp's with the current creatures. That's definitely doable for me because I don't mind spending the money. Now if one player can reach 1 trillion cult xp, I don't see why other people can't help out in order to achieve something like this. Granted Melee is way ahead and it would take a bunch of us top players to do the job, but it's not impossible. Either way, like I mentioned before, me, lasciel, and niflheim will at least show you that we can take the #2 spot within a couple months. If you don't believe just wait and see. And I'm ashamed at the lack of dedication by most of this community.

Uriah: You are wrong (as usual) on your estimates. Yes i got to 29k in 9 months and that's with periods of inactivity and I don't plan on stopping now. I'm just surprised there aren't any other players in the game that level like that other than GmbH and sniper (R.I.P...lol). I've spent around $1,000 if you really want to know and I'm not running low on usp's. I don't need your crappy warrior alt to achieve this goal. Your warrior alt would probably add a drop in the proverbial ocean of cult xp we're going to need. I need real top players that can pull in real cult xp. You also mention that you would lose the family you are with. Last time I checked, you don't have to be in the same cult with someone to talk to them on Y!M or whatever service you use. So all I hear are excuses from the top players, but very little action. I will show you what some dedication can do. :D
Aizen

#58 blacqmath

blacqmath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:36

Good luck Aizen. Second class mages like me and Wolfsmissis won't be comming with you in this endeavor. However, we support you in the journey to be #1 cult :)

#59 gothador_rumandcoke

gothador_rumandcoke
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:45

And yes GMC, you suck lemons :P

Why would anyone suck lemons when they could suck oranges?

#60 gothador_nyarlathote

gothador_nyarlathote
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:53

Right now I'm getting 20-23 billion cult xp per BDV and only using about 10 usp's each.

You're only using 10 USPs on a BDV? :shock:
I guesstimate (based on my hunting speed) that I'd use around 23 USPs on a BDV (with full Potency.)
*guesstimate - because I can't afford the USPs to find out. (Yes, I could maintain that hunting rate for the duration)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: