15 replies to this topic

#1 Nature

Nature

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:10

I'm cool with the idea of letting your equipment and the general item stat hang out and such, but i wish there's more.

An inspection on/off setting: which will give ones option whether he/she want to let other people inspect them or not, or at least a pop up window ask the player for permission ( to avoid being harassed by the pop up window you can only inspect the same person once in 5 mins that way will stop people from abusing the pop up window.)

or

hide the gem and bonus stat. I mean like everyone knows the item from crafting or in shop. so there no need to hide the general stat. but what makes an item unique from another is what gem you put in. and the random stat bonus. wheres the fun of letting everyone knows what you have? it would be more fun to keep each other guessing and ask questions (I really hope HC will make an update about in-game equipment. whats the fun when your level 40 items are the same as everyone else?) and everyone's stats r equally match?  what can make a certain player who put more time and effort into the game stand out more??

And please do not make inspect talent/stat option in the near future. this will only discourage in-game player to player communication. whats the fun of inspecting someone to find out the answer when u can have a conversation and share knowledge?

that's just my point of view. feel free to leave comment about yours.

Edited by Nature, 10 January 2014 - 02:13.

Think... Think hard! Everything you do has an opposite reaction.

#2 Truth

Truth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:15

+1 from me, I was just thinking about this a few hours ago and I totally agree with you. People deserve their privacy!

#3 Nature

Nature

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:16

+1 from me, I was just thinking about this a few hours ago and I totally agree with you. People deserve their privacy!

Thank you for your support!

#4 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:17

I see no issue with it.. But I will agree it should be a Option. A couple games I play have this type thing but it is a Paid for option.. That on those games is very high cost.. But then most every thing on them is..

#5 Loaf

Loaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:09

This feature has potential to induce as many conversations as it will remove.  "Oh, I see you are using spell damage gems and not crit- how do you like that?"

It is the community that decides how to use the tools given to them.  The ability to see items (or potentially talents) will not reduce conversation between players, but instead allow those conversations to advance faster.

If you have a spare minute, please rate Eldevin at mmorpg.com

#6 Nature

Nature

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:38

This feature has potential to induce as many conversations as it will remove.  "Oh, I see you are using spell damage gems and not crit- how do you like that?"

It is the community that decides how to use the tools given to them.  The ability to see items (or potentially talents) will not reduce conversation between players, but instead allow those conversations to advance faster.

That kind of questioning have no sense of wonder. the answer will be short and meaningless.

How about  you seem someone who is same lv as you and same class and you guys in a dungeon and it seems that he clearly does 50 more dmg with basic attack than you. You will wonder, and you will ask questions, question lead to another question.

And let me real here... You went to the mall and you see someone with a Northface jacket, u can see its an expensive stuff comes with a year warranty. how do i know that? its Northface brand after all. but you can't! can not tell what he had in his pocket or if the warranty of that jacket has expired or not. because you can't!

Having inspect showing you everything even the gem and random stat bonus is not realistic. and its all out there most of us just look at it and wouldn't even question it.

Edit: If you can;t see the what other peoples gem( or how many gem socket) and random stat bonus ( or how many random stat bonus) you will ask a lot more questions interacting and having a fun conversation about the game. 

and one more thing to HCS please make item gem socket and random stat bonus visible in a trade

Edited by Nature, 10 January 2014 - 06:47.

#7 Amir

Amir

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:26

As time progresses and content and possible combinations of character build-ups increases the more the inspect option will be used for 'straving for' something. In every game you should definitely be able to show off your character, not just by visuals but even more so by stats. The only way to make that kind of in-game culture grow is to make everyone equal in the way you are able to view each other. IMO, hiding information is never good (not even stats or talents). If the game becomes less interesting because you are able to see this information, for example talents, then maybe the way the talent system works is not worked out or interesting enough (cookie cutter specs for example). If there's a good synergy with the gear, talents and stats then you should always be able to find a way to try out new things and be unique. With the hybrid specs playing a big role in this game (especially in the future talent tree dev. progression), it would only be interesting to share and be able to view each others characters to the full extent.

Edited by Amir, 10 January 2014 - 14:11.

I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done

*That's so deep we need another sewer level*

#8 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:42

+1 i like this idea ...

and also wanted to add: Make also a Option for the person being viewable or not ... with /where <name> you can always view where a person is right now ... i really appreciate if there would be an option that makes you incognito so noone can see where you are if you dont want people to know where you are at ...

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#9 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:48

I would prefer to not have my gear seen that is why I wear vanity gear and as for my talent tree I definately don't want anyone seeing my setup there I like keeping how my talents are placed private I chose each and every talent point placement carefully I read what each one did and chose where to put them letting someone see where I put my talent points doesn't make them have to read and choose for themselves it allows them to be mindless drones I found it fun trying to figure out what worked for me in beta so please give me a way to keep my talents private and my gear private if I choose to after all what is the sense of vanity if not to hide my gear

Edited by jeffslady, 10 January 2014 - 11:50.

#10 Amir

Amir

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:34

I would prefer to not have my gear seen that is why I wear vanity gear and as for my talent tree I definately don't want anyone seeing my setup there I like keeping how my talents are placed private I chose each and every talent point placement carefully I read what each one did and chose where to put them letting someone see where I put my talent points doesn't make them have to read and choose for themselves it allows them to be mindless drones I found it fun trying to figure out what worked for me in beta so please give me a way to keep my talents private and my gear private if I choose to after all what is the sense of vanity if not to hide my gear

Why would a random person copy your spec and your gear build unless they know how the game works and the realize you've done it really well. Which would be a good thing and a compliment towards you. Next to that, the way you have your item build up synergized with your talents should not be easily achievable for everyone, right? Not end-game at least. If you have to work hard to get a certain build or item then some 'mindless drone' will have to do just the same. I don't get the attitude of people replying to this topic wanting to keep everything about their character private. You guys do realize you're playing an MMORPG, yes? Let's keep it that way. That's the way MMO's work, you play together, learn together, and share together. It's not like you're playing a single-player game in a chat room with fancy animations.

Not just attacking you by the way, Jeff. But thought I would continue my rant in the same reply.

Edited by Amir, 10 January 2014 - 20:21.

I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done

*That's so deep we need another sewer level*

#11 Nature

Nature

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 14:55

Why would a random person copy your spec and your gear build unless they know how the game works and the realize you've done it really well. Which would be a good thing and a compliment towards you. Next to that, the way you have your item build up synergized with you talents should not be easily achievable for everyone to get, right? Not end-game at least. If you have to work hard to get a certain build or item then some 'mindless drone' will have to do just the same. I don't get the attitude of people replying to this topic wanting to keep everything about their character private. You guys do realize you're playing an MMORPG, yes? Let's keep it that way. That's the way MMO's work, you play together, learn together, and share together. It's not like you're playing a single-player game in a chat room with fancy animations.

Not just attacking you by the way, Jeff. But thought I would continue my rant in the same reply.

Its not much of a copying. its more of a knowning your build. there are some people in game that like to keep their build and item stat private.
For example: I definitely want to have the element of surprise on my side in PVP. I dont want someone to inspect my stats and what gems I have put in, such as wither range defense gem or spell defense gem. I dont want them to know. I dont want them to use it to against me. I want to let them wonder and try to understand my build and why im good or why i m weaker. I definitely dont want people too see my passive skill thats for sure. wheres the fun in PVP when you already known who you r up against and you can already guess your winning chance against that person before hand?

The bottom line to this we need an inspection option setting. so its happy for both supporters to this idea and people who against this idea. player will have the option to either want their item to be view or dont.

#12 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 15:34

Its not much of a copying. its more of a knowning your build. there are some people in game that like to keep their build and item stat private.
For example: I definitely want to have the element of surprise on my side in PVP. I dont want someone to inspect my stats and what gems I have put in, such as wither range defense gem or spell defense gem. I dont want them to know. I dont want them to use it to against me. I want to let them wonder and try to understand my build and why im good or why i m weaker. I definitely dont want people too see my passive skill thats for sure. wheres the fun in PVP when you already known who you r up against and you can already guess your winning chance against that person before hand?

The bottom line to this we need an inspection option setting. so its happy for both supporters to this idea and people who against this idea. player will have the option to either want their item to be view or dont.

Well I see the part about PvP and can agree.. So maybe a second set for PvP??? I know a lot of games people do that also...

#13 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 18:03

Why would a random person copy your spec and your gear build unless they know how the game works and the realize you've done it really well. Which would be a good thing and a compliment towards you. Next to that, the way you have your item build up synergized with you talents should not be easily achievable for everyone to get, right? Not end-game at least. If you have to work hard to get a certain build or item then some 'mindless drone' will have to do just the same. I don't get the attitude of people replying to this topic wanting to keep everything about their character private. You guys do realize you're playing an MMORPG, yes? Let's keep it that way. That's the way MMO's work, you play together, learn together, and share together. It's not like you're playing a single-player game in a chat room with fancy animations.

I am a prophet and Jeff is my hubby hence Jeffslady and if they know anything about how I played beta that in itself would give them a reason to want to copy my talent tree I like sharing bits and pieces and when people ask me I tell them to read everything and figure out what works best for them I am sorry if you think that everyone should want everyone to be able to see their set up I don't agree with that so their should be the option to hide what we don't want seen thus giving us the option to share what we want

#14 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 18:44

First let me say i dont personaly care if there is a option in settings to turn inspect off.... so i guess to attempt to keep civiility i'll vote yes to the option.

That said i dont really see the point in it.. people say "i want my build to be private let people figure it out on their own" new players need a bit of help anything that is going to help them enjoy the game and stay IS A GOOD THING! if you can say "hey inspect me" then go over WHY YOU picked what you did they can get a better understanding... also if you are able to inspect them and see what they are trying to do you might be able to offer suggestions...  there is nothing wrong with this and it would be very helpful...

the other reason people give is pvp... ok everyone should know by now that any good pvp player is going to see your first cast rotation and have a VERY good idea of your build anyway.. they'll be able to see the active talents by what you cast, they'll be able to have a great estimate of your passive by your cast time, your crit %, your increased damage, and how much dmg you're taking.. so ok you start pvp you get 1 cast sequance of surprise and after that they know what to do.. if a player cant have a pretty good idea what your build is after that then they aren't ready for pvp and knowing what it is before hand isn't going to help them anyway haha..  is that little bit of an illusion of secrecy really worth not adding a feature that would help new players?

in conclusion please add talents to inspect it'll make things soo much easier when helping new players but also add the setting option to dissable inspect so players can maintain their illusion of secrecy :)

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#15 proffej

proffej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 19:21

I think my talent tree is privete i dont show  that to everyone  keep it safe  you  guys are already  pushing your luck on my first amendment  rights!!!!   Time to keep your nose kleen and lTeach them to do  there own skills on there own . Im a great tank for a reason my time played and learning the game is not like reading a book or setting skills and say i copyed proffej  talents they dont work  lol  or i dont know why he set it that way 

#16 Nature

Nature

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 22:20

First let me say i dont personaly care if there is a option in settings to turn inspect off.... so i guess to attempt to keep civiility i'll vote yes to the option.

That said i dont really see the point in it.. people say "i want my build to be private let people figure it out on their own" new players need a bit of help anything that is going to help them enjoy the game and stay IS A GOOD THING! if you can say "hey inspect me" then go over WHY YOU picked what you did they can get a better understanding... also if you are able to inspect them and see what they are trying to do you might be able to offer suggestions...  there is nothing wrong with this and it would be very helpful...

the other reason people give is pvp... ok everyone should know by now that any good pvp player is going to see your first cast rotation and have a VERY good idea of your build anyway.. they'll be able to see the active talents by what you cast, they'll be able to have a great estimate of your passive by your cast time, your crit %, your increased damage, and how much dmg you're taking.. so ok you start pvp you get 1 cast sequance of surprise and after that they know what to do.. if a player cant have a pretty good idea what your build is after that then they aren't ready for pvp and knowing what it is before hand isn't going to help them anyway haha..  is that little bit of an illusion of secrecy really worth not adding a feature that would help new players?

in conclusion please add talents to inspect it'll make things soo much easier when helping new players but also add the setting option to dissable inspect so players can maintain their illusion of secrecy :)

first of all i want to thank you for showing support on adding the the option setting.

secondly want to ask you... what is helping a player to enjoy this game? By giving them a lecture lesson on Eldevin 101? what does enjoying a game mean to you? most importantly how do you enjoy this game?

If HC ever add inspect talent to this game. this game is half way to all other rip off browser game like Wartune and etc ( god knows what, i only played wartune due to false sexy game advertisement... it was an instant regret) all you need to do is lv up and clicking. you dont have to worry about your stats/ skills / talents/ or even equipment. and at the end game everyone will be the same, its easy, no one is unique. that manage to kill 10 mins of my time just by brainlessly clicking. where is the fun in that? I mean you can give new player advice but you dont spoon feed them. if you spoon feed them they will become rely on you. they can;t do anything on their own, and eventually they will quit because they only follow what you teach them, and they dont know anything because they rely on you for information and can;t learn on their own. what i m trying to say is let them experience the game in their own way. and making bad build is part of it, let them learn from their mistake. and not because someone tell them thats a bad build or good build. by adding inspect talent feature this game is cut off half the enjoyment. the enjoyment of exploring.

and lets be honest here who can tell what build your opponent use after examine upon their cast sequence? Even if you are able to do that you must have study on this game for a while to understand, and did you enjoy that? I bet you do. and did you take eldevin lecture 101 to get there? i think not.

Edited by Nature, 10 January 2014 - 22:35.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: