Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:53

'Farming killed GvG!'

'Farming killed every aspect of this game'

Guild tagging, extensions to personal backpacks and Auction Slots killed this game.

How that was allowed, I'll never know :unsure:  Oh I know, it was implemented after a certain section of the community rallied it! Just like all the other borked ideas they rallied and persuaded, like reduce gold, reduce Common creature drops! WHY!?!  Because it didn't suit their 'cause' or gameplay at the time and some numpty knows nothing admin was persuaded it was best *rolls-eyes*

CONFLICT and it's action was THE FIRE that made this game unique. It was truly interacive and a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game"

( MMORG) in it's true sense. Oh for the days of such true gaming back in the day 10 years ago :wub:

THE community here has derided the essence, there is a base core who try daily to keep it alive and I hope we do but even this suggestion to rejuvenate is nothing but a shot in the dark for a memory and fun factor long gone Rye, sorry to be blunt but that's how I see it :ph34r:

hell yes could not of put it better myself

5aZzW0p.png,

#182 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:32

Players Online 189 Time 09:30 15/May/2017     things like this not going to help are they

5aZzW0p.png,

#183 Lupp0

Lupp0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:24

I really like the idea Rye, i always loved GvG, but hated the backlash you get from it.

There are some people in this game who hate(d) me for, to put it in their words, "turning the guild into a gvg guild".

I haven't read all the replies, there are 10 pages of them :P

So things i say might have alraedy been suggested by others, and if so, i'm sorry for double posting.

My additions to this would be:

Have an option for people in guilds to 'opt out' of gvg.

I know of a lot of people that hate being hit in gvg (or in general), and repairing their gear over and over.

For you and me, this is no problem, we enjoy gvg in general, and see the benifit of it being relevant options for fsp making/upgrading guilds.

So just have an option for people to not be hit at all, at the same time this opens up gvg for bigger guilds, because we both know gvging as it is right now, for big guilds, is almost out of the question.. the initiation of it atleast.

Maybe widen the ranges of target levels, and make sure that every guild that is playing the tourney has enough valid targets to be hit.

For smaller guilds this might become a problem, and they might need to recruit a few extra people or something in this order..

Also, probably suggested already...

Revamp the buff packs, and add new ones.
This is way overdue in my opinion.. and one of the reasons gvg isn't so lively anymore.

With composing and introduction of a lot of new invented potions over the years, they are outdated.

Make better leveling packs, or more options for them atleast.

Add some titan hunting packs and stuff like this.

About the part where top25 guilds would earn more RP battling each other and such, and giving out rewards to top25 or top3 guilds.. im not so keen on to be honest.

It is all about prestige you say, so add something to the guild overview to show this prestige (medal or whatever) instead of giving benifits to guilds.

I think this is the wrong way to go when implementing updates.

It is sort of 'pay to win' if you ask me, and this should be avoided at all costs!

There should never be a 'pay to win' option in any aspect of this game, period.

I really love the idea m8, and i hope the cows do something with it, maybe in someway you can work together with devs to implement this, with the community debating any of these changes beforehand, and tweaking them BEFORE making changes.

This would be a great update to the game, and also change the aspect of gvg a lot.

So this requires a lot of feedback from the community before implementing.

Meaning, work out the 'bugs' before having to revamp/change stuff again after 1-2 months of it being introduced.

This sort of stuff will make people fall in love with gvg, or make them leave the game the instant it is introduced, so caution is advised.

edit: i can probably think of a couple more things to comment on, but it's late and my brain isn't working properly anymore at this hour :P

But i will try and read thru all the comments during the week and give my input.

I really love(d) gvg, and it's time that it gets a boost again.

Edited by Lupp0, 16 August 2017 - 05:25.

RYUVWTI.png

#184 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 18:53

bump.  Just wanting the idea of needing change  to resonate with the community.  There is nothing in place to attract anything, but rp farmers to GvG.  More I've thought about it the more I feel initiators of conflicts should not get anything unless result is a win.  In addition I'd be all for a rating loss for initiating guilds who end up tying as it is a failure, gaining RP for this is ridiculous. 

#185 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:53

Sure but nothing will be changed in the near future it sucks :(. GvG needs some major work.

#186 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:02

There were many discussions on this years ago. I can only hope perhaps the discussion will be opened up ATA

#187 LadyJ

LadyJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 17:31

Don't you think the forums of FS will be at peace if this system is implemented? I know for certain its the best solution to solve the arguments in the other forum regarding the Multi Purge, it will kill the purpose of RP farming with multis, it will bring new life to GvG, so its a win-win situation (for rule-abiding players of course ;) ) .

It should be implemented, even as a test run for a few weeks!

#188 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 17:36

The forums are never at peace. We have been very radicalized. Although GvG has been long overdue for a revamp. I believe it has been promised it would be revamped like 2 years ago in the road map.

#189 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 17:38

It would be cool if GvG worked like seasons in terms of it forces you against certain opponents with no chance of skipping. The only way to move on is to beat them.

#190 LadyJ

LadyJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 17:46

It would be cool if GvG worked like seasons in terms of it forces you against certain opponents with no chance of skipping. The only way to move on is to beat them.

In Ryes proposed system it DOES work like seasons, with 5 month periods, then tournaments for the top 25 :)

#191 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 17:54

In Ryes proposed system it DOES work like seasons, with 5 month periods, then tournaments for the top 25 :)

Good. Sounds like fun to me. 

#192 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 18:28

Ought to pay pointy to add these great ideas we have came up with over the years. Pay him per job :). If HCS can't afford it crowd funding? I'm sure people will pitch in.

Edited by EpicPiety, 31 October 2017 - 18:29.

#193 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 18:33

I own the fact that through this topic I take away from my own idea by bickering with those opposed to it, but take away those bits and I think it's still the best most thought out proposal to reform GvG to date. Thanks to those supporters and those with subjective feedback that resulted in further thought, compromise, and evolution of the base idea.

#194 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 23:32

thank you very much ryebred for trying increasing gvg activity, always good seeing this

#195 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 17:25

Ever thought of making pvp more relevant for bigger guilds too somehow? While not taking away from the smaller ones at the same time. I'm sure the smaller guilds would love more action in the scene.

#196 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 20:34

Ever thought of making pvp more relevant for bigger guilds too somehow? While not taking away from the smaller ones at the same time. I'm sure the smaller guilds would love more action in the scene.

I think PvP is only relevant in the bigger guilds this day, and age.  It is so controlled through changes brought on by the same people who utilize it's effects the most, that all old conventional uses like wars, punishment can be completely avoided by players utilizing the opt out options incorporated into the game these past few years.  PvP is now big right before xp events, and the benefactors are generally from large guilds.  The bullies of FS today are a new breed of old victims who finally yield the whip, and can do as they please without accountability.

That said I think you were being more topic focused, and the real question is wouldn't it be fun if big guilds were able to be relevant in GvG.  GvG relevance is a choice, and requires sacrifice.  In my proposed system the resets, followed by tournament period offer any guilds to make the necessary preparations, sacrifice at any time to be relevant in the proposed system.  It may not be feasible or sustainable for a large guild to ask this off all members for an endless period of time so they can compete or stay relevant in the current system.  The resets allow any guild to come together and do what is necessary to make themselves relevant in a timetable of their choosing. 

#197 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 20:40

Err yea i mean't gvg not pvp whoops but i think if the reward from GvG was overwhelming enough people would sacrifice. IE get out of epics buff etc. I think the whole epic meta is so boring and takes alot away from the game.

Edited by EpicPiety, 01 November 2017 - 20:42.

#198 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:20

I believe I have an idea for a GvG update that will encourage more participation, offer recognition for excellence, and level the playing field. I don't think it would be too hard to implement as it would work using the same cool down period, and restrictions of the current GvG system.

Format: In my proposed system GvG would have two successive 5 month ladder periods each ending with a month long tournament called "GvG Seasons", then followed by a reset of the GvG rankings. *Amended*The top 25 guilds from the 5 month GvG period would receive invitations to the GvG Seasons Tournament.*Amended* The top three finishers in the tournament will take home trophies which would appear in guild achievements, and those trophies would carry with them benefits for every member of the guilds earning them. Bronze +1 stam gain per hour, Silver +2 stam gain per hour, Gold +4 stam gain per hour. The trophies, and the benefits from them are temporary and can change hands at the completion of each GvG Seasons Tournament. An additional incentive of being top 25, and qualifying for the GvG Seasons Tournament would be increased RP payout within the tournament -Double RP for outgoing wins, and Triple for successfully defending. GvG for those outside the tournament would remain an option, but no rating awarded for the month, only RP. Guilds inside the tournament would also still be allowed to GvG those outside the tournament, but for standard RP gains, and no rating transfer.

I think this format would encourage participation through potential rewards, and twice a year offer everyone a fresh start through the reset. I also feel the rewards are simple, not over the top game changers, that everyone can get behind.

Recognition: In addition to the trophies above, there would be two new medals associated with GvG. A GvG Seasons qualifying medal for each member of a qualifying guild. This medal would progress from bronze to diamond through repeat qualification at a rate decided upon by the administrators. The second medal would be the GvG dominance medal, awarded for being the number one guild. (GvG dominance medal would parallel PvP dominance in it would require XXX hours or days to achieve, and progress) Note: The medals are pride driven, offering no benefits outside of a duration boost to the "Pride" potion effects

Recognition for effort, and accomplishment in GvG is long overdue in my opinion. These are simple, and sensible additions that again I hope everyone can get behind.

Rewards: Trophies, and potential for greater RP gains for a month are the obvious.

It was important to me not to overdo the rewards end, and try to steer away from the trend many see in FS in overcompensating every game effort made. GvG has always revolved around Pride, and hopefully pride remains the driving force of the venue.

Leveling Playing Field: Resets alone give every guild the same opportunity to make it to the GvG Seasons Tournament, and the tournament itself offers a unique dynamic that could benefit deeper guild ranks, thus potentially limiting smaller GvG prototype guilds within the tournament through viable targets. This may encourage the smaller venue specific guilds to fill their ranks, or participate in the GvG Seasons Tournament potentially handicapped via having less potential guilds to initiate against. Larger guilds who would normally shy from attempting to compete have a set timetable, so jumping into any given reset period to mobilize, organize, and strut their stuff is feasible - can do just enough to get invite to tournament, then really turn it on for a chance at the hardware without having to buff 50+ people 24/7. The time limitations presented inside the month long tournament would require serious strategy; organization, team play, and planning to improve odds of success.

I've put a lot of thought into making GvG better for everyone, and trying to create the most fair system I could think of. I'm sure it's not perfect, but it is a major step in the right direction.

Side Thoughts/ Wish List: It would be cool to see new RP buff packs introduced as well for 1 click cover all buffing. Nothing crazy, just something to benefit the large (lots of members covered), and small (potentially limited human resources) guilds in making for the most possible competitive GvG venue ever. Examples are for 25 RP Invigorate 200, 25 RP KE,Coordinated ATT, Smashing Hammer 175, 25 RP LD,GS,HG,FS 175,....etc..etc. Something like that - I'm just throwing examples, these packs can be subject to community desire, but again it's important that we keep them reasonable - nothing overpowered -

I may add more to this portion. This is second time writing this idea, as first attempt last night was lost unfortunately. So if I forgot anything or think of anything else I'll amend the post. I look forward to feedback, and hope for support from both the community, and the administrators. Thank you ~ Rye

***Amended due to outstanding feedback***Three three month periods each ending with tournament then reset instead of originally proposing two five month version

50% reduced rp gains from guilds who are below the rating baseline of 1k rating. This will encourage a more competitive venue, and strengthen the value of RP. This will reduce farming, and serve a great number in the community who rather not have GvG shoved down their throats. I'm willing to take this concept a step further, and raise RP gains on successfully attacks on the top guilds to further strengthening competition incentives.

**The only way to earn RP in my proposed system would be win initiated conflict (no RP for loss or tie, and to further promote activity initiating guild would lose rating on tie) and defensively RP can be earned by win or tie, maybe a small gain for trying and failing, but I rather have nothing gained on failed efforts on both sides of a conflict.**

I personally don't feel RP should be awarded for failed efforts on initiated conflicts. Defense efforts should be rewarded with RP, but when initiating losses and ties should get nothing. This will further increase Rp's value, as well as add incentive to defend, and waste the efforts of would be farmers.

Really like Kedyn's idea on an equalizer RP buff exclusive to the venue so guilds can booster defense quickly, furthering the theme of bolstering competition. Would love to iron out the details, and discuss it further.

Bumping as amendments due to current events, and feedback have been added to original post.

Edited by Ryebred, 24 November 2017 - 10:39.

#199 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:04

I pretty much support Rye's idea as is. 

GvG used to be an aspect of game I enjoyed the most, along with PvP, back in the older days... 

And I still miss it, sometimes more sometimes less.

And I do think this would increase the activity in GvG. One of the best ideas for GvG I have seen in years.

On or off topic though, this RP farming thing...

(and not sure if discussed in this topic already, my attention span wouldnt allow me to read ALL the posts here)

But what is RP would be gained in GvGs like the rating is, ie. if you start a conflict with a seemingly inactive GvG guild, that has very little rating, and very little RP, you wouldnt actually get any (or gain very little) RP off  from beating them?

Along with that, if you (with high rating and RP) initiate a GvG with a low rating/RP guild, you have a risk of losing alot of your rating/RP if they actually do fight back, and (pagan gods forbid) even win!

Anyway, I support the original idea, and this was just an idea that popped in my silly little brain.

Good work, Rye!

Edited by RedFinn, 25 November 2017 - 09:06.

eFqM9lD.gif

#200 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 17:36

I do like the idea of a season although I think it should be like ladder and be for guilds that entered (shudders at the thought of suggesting anything to be like pvp ladder but when you are in triage you find ways to stop the massive bleeding)

Otherwise I can only offer up a couple humble suggestions to why there may be less activity here and pretty much all areas of the game nowdays,  a sad fact im afraid an app isnt going to fix.

#1 multis,, if you want the #1 reason GvGing has become stale this is it. Going way back to when RP items first came out there was a flash flood of 25s, all experts, all wanting paid and all making piles of points out of it. And its still going on! If you want the #1 reason this place frustrates me thats it! Stop poo pooing it, start taking the time to actually hunt them regularly and stop making the players find them. Seeing the "globally chatty" guy come back 3 times in one week like it was a joke made it one. If someone took the time to go back on the code a long time ago and took back what was made through cheating SO many more players would still be here! And on that note how many of the 180 players online are just on their 11th multi and playing for spite now? The fact that "GvG guild" is once again back in operation and almost fully recovered from the last purge is testament to the need for more than individual correction

#2 Wayyy back when it came out I mentioned that giving people protection from GvG when they became inactive was,, "encouraging people to quit and leave their packs to the guild"
How do you feel about it now?? Because I still think its one of the worst handicaps people who didnt participate have called for to be put on that part of the game,,, and im even including pvp ladder here. If you reward them for not playing they wont,,, and arent, but moreover the people who ARE still playing cant do much more than roll their eyes at all the guilds "members" that arent legit targets all going "I got one target,,guess I get to do this for a hour". And this is for the guild that attacked US?!?!?
More on this,, why are PvP bands so much more realistic than GvG ones? IT really has become something so limited and restricted I no longer can find time to enjoy it,, and this was the main reason I thought FS had something going for it years ago,,, now I have lots of apps with much better intergroup warfare I dont know if they can ever get me back.

#3 How long has it been since anything was added to this? This is a pretty good idea and opens up possibilities for more growth but as mentioned above, you got to get the patient breathing and stop the bleeding or an app transfusion is going to go out as fast as it comes in.

Edited by watagashi, 25 November 2017 - 17:42.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: