• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 05:38

prize amount are different from home page and world map. which one are we going by?

bNQ0XJK.jpg
G7Ipgeu.jpg

Yeah, saved me the effort posting when noticed the discrepancy. Logically, correct one should the one on world map. 

#22 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 06:05

Save yourself some time... Titan stats. Dark realm and invisible but doesn't need reveal running. The rest of the enhancements are the usual 100% hypnotize, soulless etc.

dvW5oFc.png

Gloves recipe and stats.

rZq2IR7.png

Ring recipe and stats.

QYz2xfI.png

When new ideas are just exhausting to do it isn't fun and can't help feel a slight trolling as attack armour pieces appear but useless in context. Just like the quango items.

Edited by Prop, 23 October 2021 - 06:12.

#23 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 October 2021 - 06:29

this new le set is total fail, i was waiting for finally to get some att armor set near eoc, please change it to att armor , same values, there is no need for anyone for another  def dam what so ever , we weed attack armor sets on right spots.

I think it would make a good addition to pvp ladder set-ups / titan hunting set-ups personally. 

#24 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 October 2021 - 06:32

rZq2IR7.png

QYz2xfI.png

When new ideas are just exhausting to do it isn't fun and can't help feel a slight trolling as attack armour pieces appear but useless in context. Just like the quango items.

ahm maybe time for an epic set :D

sigma_468x60.jpg

#25 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 October 2021 - 06:39

epic set would be interesting in terms of coordinated attack / defense + temporal shift enhancement for titan hunting / quicker movements around maps. I'm kind of surprised people want attack / armor sets at the high levels. In pvp ladder for most ranges, suicide or att / def is whats used. For titan hunting, att / def with high damage is whats used due to titan's enhancements (piercing strike, critical hit, etc.).

In terms of the new titan, I think its asking a lot of players to do a dark realm, large map, and invisible titan for a +7 epic with no temporal shift. I hate the concept of invisible titans in general (try actually doing a hunt cows and you'll see what I mean). Although, the stats on the titan are reasonable to overcome with a few potions / good set-up. I'm not advocating for +8 epics, but I don't think we needed a new titan just to have a new titan. A better option would have been to add a +6 inventable rune, +5 inventable boots, +5 inventable ring, +5 or 6 inventable weapon, or +4 or 5 gloves with the new titan. I'd have the new titan be at level 1500 or 2000 and not at EOC, so more players could take advantage of it (think how successful hunted cow titan has been).

I don't see the use for an armor based set-ups at 3000 or higher. In pvp, its very easy to obtain large amount of damage to break through the armor. In terms of pve, SEs and titans have enhancements which break through your armor set-up more easily than using a defensive set-up. 

That being said, there should be some options available if people really want it. Possibly new LE sets could handle that in the future.

Edited by Windbattle, 23 October 2021 - 06:56.

#26 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 October 2021 - 14:35

this new le set is total fail, i was waiting for finally to get some att armor set near eoc, please change it to att armor , same values, there is no need for anyone for another  def dam what so ever , we weed attack armor sets on right spots.

With another 2 waves to come, how about you wait and see what else is on the horizon? ;)

is the new titan invisible? I'm not seeing it on the map and I searched the map a few times over.

He shouldn't be, no.

*Edit*

The graphics for the compass heads are missing. Will try and sort it tomorrow.

~ Grim

#27 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 16:06

With another 2 waves to come, how about you wait and see what else is on the horizon? ;)

He shouldn't be, no.

*Edit*

The graphics for the compass heads are missing. Will try and sort it tomorrow.

~ Grim

What about those who already chose to take the challenge of a dark realm, invisible titan? It was a huge time investment, and now the drop will be devalued and no longer take 6 hours+ (With a team) but an hour at best solo.

Edited by EpicPiety, 24 October 2021 - 16:08.

#28 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 17:24

What about those who already chose to take the challenge of a dark realm, invisible titan? It was a huge time investment, and now the drop will be devalued and no longer take 6 hours+ (With a team) but an hour at best solo.

Years ago when they released the Invader Titan I was part of the group who secured the first Epic, took us several hours (No Titan Doubler/Teleport), then we got a +2 stam Boots, everyone got really upset and we ended up selling it for cheap...Few days later HCS change it to +3 stam and the price sky rocket...Yeah, I feel that pain you're feeling XD

#29 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 October 2021 - 17:25

Bragging rights. Surely you're hunting the titan for the good of your Guild, not solely for profit?!?

~ Grim

#30 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 18:25

Bragging rights. Surely you're hunting the titan for the good of your Guild, not solely for profit?!?

~ Grim

Doesn't feel good whatsoever. Try putting yourself in the peoples shoes who dedicated hours to essentially have them robbed to a game bug. At this point it should just be left as it is, it required teamwork and a time investment.

Going to leave it at that  :(

#31 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2021 - 04:55

I'm honestly surprised anyone bothered with that titan. As soon as I saw dark realm + invisible, I was like nope. I was hoping for it to be removed and something better to be put in its place, :)

Although BG, I would say there are 4 reasons people titan hunt: 1) Profit, 2) Get a better stam gain epic for themselves or a guild mate, 3) Challenge of it, 4) Earn medal / move up rankings. I would say most players are doing it for reasons 1 and 2. I think reasons 3 and 4 are just bonuses as you enjoy titan hunting. 

I like events starting on a Friday but if there are issues with an event, it sucks to have to wait till Sunday or Monday for them to get addressed. Is there a way to test the code before it goes live?

Edited by Windbattle, 25 October 2021 - 05:01.

#32 Edith3000

Edith3000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 05:30

What's the use of Zombie gloop?

uvG2ReE.jpg

#33 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 October 2021 - 05:48

It's the "trick" part of trick or treat.... its sole purpose is to give BG a reason to cackle gleefully.......

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#34 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 October 2021 - 05:57

Sweet Fanny Adams - as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike or boobs on a bull :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#35 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2021 - 17:40

- A whole bunch of ill-advised and terribly presented thoughts.

There are issues with Epics that have nothing to do with their functionality with/without the breaking of Coordinated Buffs; take a closer look at how things work and are calculated when referring to those buffs before diving too deeply down the rabbit hole here.

The Attack/Armor is wanted because it most certainly is viable if you're able to put in the work to make it functional; you point out the use of Att/Def and Suicide, but you aren't looking at the "why are those sets used?" aspect. You also point out the same sets being used for Titan Hunting, but don't mention the "why?" fully, but instead have blanketed the reasoning with "Piercing Strike, Critical Hit, etc.," and while those are PARTIALLY correct, think, specifically, about how those enhancements may play a part and what their potential counter(s) may be.

Also, to answer "why aren't they used?" Here's a link as to "why?"

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=77441

You'll see the gear disparity isn't the best, and while it hasn't been updated since the release of the SE's, Arena Sets, or the most recent LE sets, you'll find, after quick calculations, that the percentage change in the disparity is negligible.

If "armor wasn't viable" why are people asking for it? Hmm? I think this comes down to the understanding of the larger picture and the fundamental/foundational understanding of the mechanics and what it takes to make all of those sets work. If a single individual can't get an armor set to work, doesn't mean the rest of the community who can make it work, should be deprived of those items and sets.

#36 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2021 - 21:34

hey folks quick question do i need a spec kind of weapon to kill any of these creatures? if so were do i go to get ti been LOOONG time sinc ei played lol 

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#37 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 21:38

hey folks quick question do i need a spec kind of weapon to kill any of these creatures? if so were do i go to get ti been LOOONG time sinc ei played lol 

spooky cathedral i think. it's right before the cathedral portal on right side

#38 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2021 - 21:39

spooky cathedral i think. it's right before the cathedral portal on right side

rhank you kindly!!

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

#39 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2021 - 21:46

what am i buying lol 2 dif weaps & arm

#40 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 22:37

what am i buying lol 2 dif weaps & arm

depends on what you are doing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users