• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 18:19

i think it would be a good idea to have a little icon (like where ssi or teleport is ) to show up when there is a treasure chest on the map (no blinking or anything guiding you to it) just something to let players know to search (and for those not paying attention -thats their bad)

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2017 - 18:35

i think it would be a good idea to have a little icon (like where ssi or teleport is ) to show up when there is a treasure chest on the map (no blinking or anything guiding you to it) just something to let players know to search (and for those not paying attention -thats their bad)

Good heavens no - what's next ? - a flashing icon on the map showing you where the chest is ? - and then, after that, the chest automatically opening if you go onto the right map ?

They're fine as they are

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 18:52

How about a new buff? That will auto stop you if you are walking across the map and you happen to step on a square with an SE or chest? Going one square at a time and waiting for the action tab to refresh is... not fun...

#4 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 18:54

thats an option that could work - most plays use the auto walk so never have a chance to see a chest 

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2017 - 19:31

thats an option that could work - most plays use the auto walk so never have a chance to see a chest 

That's the trade-off tho - if you're looking for chests, you walk 1 step at a time (ideally at a reasonable pace, unlike of late LOL). If you're hunting and wanna level fast, you auto-walk and take the chance of missing 'em

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 19:54

If they can improve Titan hunting with Titan doubler and teleport, I would hope a buff to make SE or chest finding a little less tedious would be great. Not as easy as the OP's original suggestion but still an improvement on that game play. Make it 2 separate buffs even. Not game breaking imho.

#7 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 19:56

lets be honest here - how many players are gonna move 1 square at a time (not just talking about only hunting)  wit titans u can see them / with se's u know which maps they are on ----- same with le's too  ///// how many players just walk around looking for chests vs how many just buy the locs ?

it seems like more chests that are found the better it is for everyone 

Edited by matt2269f, 17 January 2017 - 19:57.

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2017 - 20:31

lets be honest here - how many players are gonna move 1 square at a time (not just talking about only hunting)  wit titans u can see them / with se's u know which maps they are on ----- same with le's too  ///// how many players just walk around looking for chests vs how many just buy the locs ?

If I'm looking for chests, "I" walk 1 step at a time - as, I'm pretty sure, does anyone else actively looking for 'em.

Titans, yes you can see 'em on the map - and they're all over the place too.

SE's - you know which map they MAY be on - no guarantees any will be there - trust me, I know ALL about SE hunting, having 1 of only 3 Diamond SE medals ;)

The whole point of the new HCS titans using the crystalline drops is to keep them scarce - making chests much more easily found kinda defeats the whole purpose.

What I WOULD like to see tho is Gurgriss (God of War) award one of the chest crystalline items / day (either one that's currently in use OR one that may/may not be used in the future)

#9 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 20:47

If you're hunting and wanna level fast, you auto-walk and take the chance of missing 'em

The auto-walk once showed you what was on the square as you walked passed it (even for half a second). Now, it's been replaced by "Moving" which has impoved the map times, but now there's a chance to miss the chests.

#10 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2017 - 20:50

The auto-walk once showed you what was on the square as you walked passed it (even for half a second). Now, it's been replaced by "Moving" which has impoved the map times, but now there's a chance to miss the chests.

It did show 'em, yes, but you had to be actively watching to stand a chance of seeing 'em. I still think that, if you're ACTIVELY looking for chests, you'll walk one step at a time tho - and don't think that chest hunting needs to be made any easier ..

#11 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 21:29

To avoid following Egami diatribe, I'd suggest:

A character preference choice that allows you to choose when auto-walking on the new map to stop (or not) when your character hits a square with a chest on it.

Thought process is below IF you are interested.

I would be against this idea, but there is a huge BUT in this... and notice it only has one "t".

I didn't bother to read the thread beyond the intro, and will try to do so and like the post if it has appeared this far. Just busy.

The major problem, for me at least, is that the auto-walk on the new screen makes finding a Chest next to impossible.

Part of the fun was, as I understood it, walking around and randomly finding one. 

In that light, I would recommend the following:

A character preference choice that allows you to choose when auto-walking on the new map to stop when your character hits a square with a chest on it.

That makes logical sense to me in what I "thought" was the idea behind the entire idea at the beginning and wouldn't shift "too much" how it has already evolved. 

I do get that it would involve coding. I also get that peeps who are Titan Hunting would prefer to turn it off.

#12 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 21:46

If they can improve Titan hunting with Titan doubler and teleport, I would hope a buff to make SE or chest finding a little less tedious would be great. Not as easy as the OP's original suggestion but still an improvement on that game play. Make it 2 separate buffs even. Not game breaking imho.

I have no problem walking around looking for SEs. I did some SE hunting the last few days. In a hour on my lil phone I found 12. A couple days before that just goofing around. I actually found my fifth chest and got my bronze. It took me a few years, but I got it. See, I am poor. I can't pay for Locs.

lets be honest here - how many players are gonna move 1 square at a time (not just talking about only hunting) wit titans u can see them / with se's u know which maps they are on ----- same with le's too ///// how many players just walk around looking for chests vs how many just buy the locs ?

let me get this straight. It has nothing to do with trying to find chest to make Hunted Cow Items. I have no problem walking around. Sure I wish I had found these five, sooner. Still like it the way it is

#13 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 22:05

I have no problem walking around looking for SEs. I did some SE hunting the last few days. In a hour on my lil phone I found 12. A couple days before that just goofing around. I actually found my fifth chest and got my bronze. It took me a few years, but I got it. See, I am poor. I can't pay for Locs.
let me get this straight. It has nothing to do with trying to find chest to make Hunted Cow Items. I have no problem walking around. Sure I wish I had found these five, sooner. Still like it the way it is

You must not have walked around recently ;-p

Even before the recent lag, it was slow for me for the action bar to update. Lucky you that yours update so well. Regardless, I don't think it's a game breaker. You still use the same amount of stam. Just the real playing time you used is significantly reduced.

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2017 - 22:40

A character preference choice that allows you to choose when auto-walking on the new map to stop when your character hits a square with a chest on it.

Sorry, disagree completely :)

If you wanna find chests, LOOK for 'em whilst on maps ...

#15 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 22:44

Hmm, folks complain about not enough activity in the game then want to introduce things to make the time spent online even shorter. Go figure. lol In other words I think it is fine as is. 

My two cents worth.

Edited by tharzill, 17 January 2017 - 22:46.

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 January 2017 - 23:33

I play on a mobile device, have done so since early 2014. I usually use the classic map to hunt, unless I have a specific destination to begin with. I know I'm not the only mobile player. Auto walk just doesn't work correctly for us, we move 1 sq at a time.....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#17 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 18:46

Sorry, disagree completely :)

If you wanna find chests, LOOK for 'em whilst on maps ...

That's ok and I "get it". I also agree with most peeps response that they like it how it is now except...

I don't believe that's how the idea was originally conceived. 

Nowadays people do their homework more than they did before because of the high value. 

My thought process was more low level vs. high when hunting, which again I admit, was how I conceived the original idea. 

I "think" us high levels tend to use Teleport when hunting and even a high AM, so it's a mute point. 

But I "guess" that low levels walk on the "new map". I'd rather see them more likely to find a chest when walking over it and having the pleasant surprise and then finding out about what the heck that is. 

I think that the programming for the new map was done incorrectly in this sense. I also believe, and could def be wrong, that there isn't too much of a game changer on those who are looking if the programming was to stop them on the spot. 

Not too sure what the max run is, but guessing in maps I've seen from my experience with DQs that the max is 10 spaces. 

To each their own. Classic Map has advantages over New Map. They've never made sense to me, lol.

#18 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 17:44

could even possibly do a buff and/or  potion for it // lvl of buff determines chance of activating -kinda like LightFoot does <<<<<< would open the door for new buffs and pots- yet at same time it is not a sure-fire chance 

Edited by matt2269f, 20 January 2017 - 17:46.

#19 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 18:41

Chest searching is frustrating when they can appear on any 1 of 3000+ maps and also despawn randomly.

While the original idea was a little overpowered something to make this more enjoyable would be nice..

I was thinking a buff that worked like vision where if a chest was inside that little circle of vision it would appear on the map as a little icon.

I would call the buff treasure hunter but we already have that, so maybe treasure detecter.

#20 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 19:26

Something needs to be done to make finding chests a little easier. Titan hunting was made easier with the addition of two buffs, and further buffs to make it even easier are already in the works.

Maybe a buff that could be added to a loyalty or donation pot that gives you an indication that there is a chest on your current map?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: