Photo

De-leveling Change Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
364 replies to this topic

Poll: De-leveling Poll (322 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like us to look at changing how de-leveling works?

1. Yes. (175 votes [54.35%])

Percentage of vote: 54.35%

2. No. (147 votes [45.65%])

Percentage of vote: 45.65%

Vote

#341 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:18

Rd does have a good point though. As I said to a well known pvp player the other day. (before this thread started)

The usage of VL creeps to basically reduce the level lost punishment to zero should be addressed too.

Looks like Hoof likes his new idea though, which fixes at least some of the problems.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#342 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:18

so what about lower level common player that wants nothing to do with PVP the bounty board doesnt always work.

they can try playing a non pvp game? 

it is very clearly marked on the game, or at least was back in the 70's when i joined that this is a pvp game, but that horse has been beaten to death and can no longer find a mule to beat on, and if there is a system that invokes a loss of XP gained after X levels even the pvpers that stay in a realm for long peroids of time to play their game get a penelty for dropping too many levels.  there is a misconception that pvpers do not care about their levels, we must maintain our levels to wear the gear we need to smack you ;) 

#343 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:19

I'm just going to throw this out there... Another option would be just to not apply the sub-levelling reduction to guild xp at every level. This, I think, would make de-levelling pointless as you could always contribute to your guild at your current level.

#344 WamU

WamU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:20

I'm torn on how to respond.  Personally I dislike PvP.  I have been de-leveled multiple times although I usully do not engage in pvp.  With that being said, my yes reply is accurate.  I am not sure I like the posted suggestion though.  I am not sure on how to work it, or track but for aggressive players, it should be difficult to level up.  For non-aggressive players who get hit repeatedly and deleveled, it should be easy to level up.  With that being said, how about anyone attacking another player gets teleported back to Krul Island and then you can only enter levels equal to your virtual level.  These thoughts are off the top of my head and weren't thought out.  Hopefully my point is clear.

#345 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:21

are you still fine with a player leveling off the same creature for 10s/100s of levels?

If it was changed so guild xp wasn't affected by the sub-levelling reduction why would people de-level?

#346 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:21

they can try playing a non pvp game? 

it is very clearly marked on the game, or at least was back in the 70's when i joined that this is a pvp game, but that horse has been beaten to death and can no longer find a mule to beat on, and if there is a system that invokes a loss of XP gained after X levels even the pvpers that stay in a realm for long peroids of time to play their game get a penelty for dropping too many levels.  there is a misconception that pvpers do not care about their levels, we must maintain our levels to wear the gear we need to smack you ;)

except most of those other games are PVP games, they just have PVP/PVE servers. or areas in game that players dont have to ask to PVP.  NOBODY has that option in FS with out paying for it.

#347 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:22

there is a misconception that pvpers do not care about their levels, we must maintain our levels to wear the gear we need to smack you ;)

That's funny... When I was getting beat on way back when, the attacker was like a yo-yo... hits level x... suddenly attacking everyone and their mother... then oddly silent for a while after dropping several levels... levels up to level x again... rinse, repeat

I guess they only cared about their levels sometimes whilst the other times they needed angry victims to help drop them again so they could stay in their gear. neat strategy.

#348 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:23

There are folks at EOC who do not wish to lose levels and there are folks who arent near EOC who dont care how many they lose ..

the folks at EOC who do not want to lose levels are being hit by those who are deleveling to pass the time, gain more gold, gain guild XP, or what ever other innocent non game influencing behavior. what is the point to deleveling them if there is no penelty for doing this say, ohhh 50 times in the course of a couple months ??

what would be your solution to this ?

#349 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:24

If it is open for exploitation then fix it, if not then leave it alone.

Remove VL altogether and let people level up and down as they like.

But if the decision is to fix it, please do it before the next 2xp event and not just talk about it until after the event has passed.

Off topic but related, build a mechanic into the game where any player can attempt to hit anyone.

higher players get little or no reward from hitting lower players, but need to defend from the lower players attempting a hit.

Open the game up..........create some action...

may even suck players back down a little and content wont be eaten up so quickly.

#350 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

If it was changed so guild xp wasn't affected by the sub-levelling reduction why would people de-level?

they wouldnt ..

#351 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

I'm just going to throw this out there... Another option would be just to not apply the sub-levelling reduction to guild xp at every level. This, I think, would make de-levelling pointless as you could always contribute to your guild at your current level.

hoof, try this with hooftest, go to EOC, delevel yourself 50 levels, put on the best TH and merch buffs. and relevel 50 levels, you may be enlightened.....  

Edited by RD1542, 10 December 2013 - 00:26.

#352 Devilo

Devilo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:25

this topic isn't gonna work out.. too many sides to this rubix cube.

1. if you fix it then eoc players will be angry.

2. if you don't fix it then newer guilds will hardly ever make top ten.

3. if you add in exp reductions now, then lower guilds will not get a chance too see themselves in top rating.

4. if you delete and refresh all guilds and place a exp reduction then eoc players will be mad and top guilds will have wasted 100's of fsp.

so, how about make a seperate top guild rating system. one that goes by daily exp gained. but not allowing 1 guild to occupy both ranks in each system. so top 1 guild for the day cannot be the same as top 1 guild of all guilds.

sleep.png but no matter what happens it will always be bad for a group of people.. sad.png

Edited by Devilo, 10 December 2013 - 00:27.

#353 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

the folks at EOC who do not want to lose levels are being hit by those who are deleveling to pass the time, gain more gold, gain guild XP, or what ever other innocent non game influencing behavior. what is the point to deleveling them if there is no penelty for doing this say, ohhh 50 times in the course of a couple months ??

what would be your solution to this ?

PvP protection upgrade????

#354 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

hoof, try this with hooftest, go to EOC, delevel yourself 50 levels, put on the best TH and merch buffs. and relevel 50 levels, you may be enlightened.....  

#355 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:26

Or how about you open up the BB/ attack player to fellow guild members. then members can delevel each other

#356 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:27

hardly think that is a solution......  it is an option, but not a solution...

#357 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:28

We have proved that gold gain is not a concern as most who delev/relev use SAC500 and gold gained is next to nothing 50 levels down ..

#358 zzephyr

zzephyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:29

Silly thing to change... doesn't hurt anyone as it is (unless they're upset about the guild xp thing, which is ridiculous IMO cuz anyone can do it -- and I have no plans to lose levels on purpose).

Like others have said, retaining current players and recruiting new players should be higher priority for the game to survive & thrive. And maybe you'll say that's changing the subject but in the larger context it's not.

How would this change impact the population? Some might leave because they get bored with nothing to do at EoC.

How would leaving it as it is impact the population? ... it doesn't (at least, I highly doubt anyone has left or will leave the game because of the way it is now).

I don't see how a change would benefit the general population -- the current situation is not a detriment to anyone.

#359 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

hardly think that is a solution......  it is an option, but not a solution...

#360 PsychoPathe

PsychoPathe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

If people have achieved a high level, let them stay where they are. There is no need to penalize them for playing as they see fit. It's not a loophole. It's not something that hasn't been around since day one. They pay big bucks to have what they do, in a game that is otherwise free to play. If no one pays, no one plays. They would have to shut the servers down. If you all want to complain about someone paying their way to the top when you aren't paying anything, look at it this way. Their money is giving you the ability to play. Changing this will only deter MORE players from playing. Turn MORE players into retirement. And push this game in the direction of Sigma Storm 2. Why not enjoy what you have. Play/pay to your ability level and have fun. Don't push your opinions on others who are just doing the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: