#41 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 18:24

Crysts are supposed to break . Period.

The UB200 , regardless of cave or loyalty, was a flaw from start. Distil+UB190 was probably also a mistake .

BUt for every change things get more confusing. That would be main problem here.

#42 Eleonora2

Eleonora2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 18:26

I got severall potions of resilience in my backpack specially for hunts. Combined with distill its get up to 200 which is now back to 167? So why should i waste 2FSP in buying that potion when I also have the UB175 buff available?

Because they messed up UB175 too so it's only half as effective as before. UB167 is still better than UB87

#43 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 22 August 2012 - 18:32

Looks like this update made it useless to forge Crystalline gear again, 15 damage per item from 1 hunt.... :x

Exactly :(

Slightly under 40k stamina hunt with DBL 1.5k and UB219 made me loose durability on Electro Chomper Helm from 160/160 to 145/160 and on Electro Chomper Armor from 160/160 to 133/160.

Didn't track damage done to Celestial Chomper, but it was something less, fortunately.

No, I didn't have cursed buffs running.

I agree that Crystalline should eventually broke, but currently the damage it's taking is absurd!

Fix your fix, please.

I have hunted today and the 1% durability loss worked as it should have. Each item has 1% chance to break. I lost around 18 durability on my crystalline items with 1800 kills. (doubler 750 28k stam 200 UB)

#44 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2012 - 18:53

Looks like this update made it useless to forge Crystalline gear again, 15 damage per item from 1 hunt.... :x

Exactly :(

Slightly under 40k stamina hunt with DBL 1.5k and UB219 made me loose durability on Electro Chomper Helm from 160/160 to 145/160 and on Electro Chomper Armor from 160/160 to 133/160.

Didn't track damage done to Celestial Chomper, but it was something less, fortunately.

No, I didn't have cursed buffs running.

I agree that Crystalline should eventually broke, but currently the damage it's taking is absurd!

Fix your fix, please.

I have hunted today and the 1% durability loss worked as it should have. Each item has 1% chance to break. I lost around 18 durability on my crystalline items with 1800 kills. (doubler 750 28k stam 200 UB)

I just wonder (as others do) if this will be detrimental to the market place ... if crystalline is breaking MUCH quicker now (as it obviously is), then why would people spend the fsps and, more relevantly, the gold on forging ? - I very much doubt they will. 300k / fsp here we come ;)

#45 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 18:56

Crysts are supposed to break . Period.

The UB200 , regardless of cave or loyalty, was a flaw from start. Distil+UB190 was probably also a mistake .

BUt for every change things get more confusing. That would be main problem here.

They are supposed to break. But inventable crystalline pieces are MUCH more expensive to obtain (and not any more compelling, in general, vs farmable crystalline pieces), and are likely to be not worth creating at current destruction rates.

#46 fs_ordermaker

fs_ordermaker
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 18:59

Right you are Pardoux, no forging or even buying those items anymore. I've already started getting my alternative, regular items for my next hunt. Gone also are the resilience and destil pots, making the hunt even more cheaper. Nice going HCS. Terrific new patch. As with everyone who did a hunt today, it is obvious that the 1% chance is actually activating even higher. I would really suggest at least going back to the distil and resilience combo to get your durability up to 200% and undo the 1% durability loss on the crystaline items.

#47 Odinsson

Odinsson

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 19:11

another nail in the coffin for FS? I know i am not looking forward to my next hunt.

#48 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2012 - 23:47

The update that we implemented before which made Crystalline items always have a min 1% chance of taking damage even with UB200 wasn't working correctly - hence this update fixed that issue.

We are listening to your feedback about the items losing Crystalline items loosing durability too quickly. What about changing it so it's 0.5% (or possibly 0.25%) minimum instead? (I do feel that it is important that Crystalline always have a chance to lose durability)

#49 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2012 - 23:50

The update that we implemented before which made Crystalline items always have a min 1% chance of taking damage even with UB200 wasn't working correctly - hence this update fixed that issue.

We are listening to your feedback about the items losing Crystalline items loosing durability too quickly. What about changing it so it's 0.5% (or possibly 0.25%) minimum instead? (I do feel that it is important that Crystalline always have a chance to lose durability)

Losing durability is essential - that's the whole point of it after all, but I think the concensus is that 1% is too high. Lowering back down to 0.5% would be good and 0.25% even better. For "chomper event" crystal, it's not "that" big a deal if it breaks (as long as the events are frequent enough) but ladder crystal and arena crystal is flipping expensive ;)

#50 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:06

I think that 1 percent is way too much, .5 percent is better but still takes a lot of damage especially if you use a lot of crystalline items but its acceptable. .25 percent would be better, but I wouldn't complain if it was at least knocked back to .5 percent chance.

#51 fs_c00k13puss

fs_c00k13puss
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:10

I agree with everyone that 1% is too much. I have nothing constructive to add, but after a guild mate told us about his losses after his hunt I can agree it is much.

I do also feel it is necessary for it to break.

#52 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:14

1% is far to high I think that around 0.25% is about right .

#53 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:15

I would think what ever ub 190 would be would be about right. just max out at ub190 no matter what you are using. that will keep the resilient pot as worth having. that is about .3% I believe.

#54 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:18

I would think what ever ub 190 would be would be about right. just max out at ub190 no matter what you are using. that will keep the resilient pot as worth having. that is about .3% I believe.

no ub190 is 5 percent, thats 5 times higher then the current rate and its way too high, and even so whats the point of the loyalty ub200 pots then?

#55 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:21

Please don;t go lower then .5% if you change it at all. ub200 never should have existed. More spine events/ inventable spine items would be great and possibly promote more interest in the game.

I think most agree crystal should break, the debate is what is too much , what is too little. To me, 1% seems fine, IF there were regular spine events.

Ladder crystal will be used if its powerful enough. Same applies to arena.

#56 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:25

no ub190 is 5 percent, thats 5 times higher then the current rate and its way too high, and even so whats the point of the loyalty ub200 pots then?

UB190 will be 5% of the normal chance of a durability loss. The normal chance of items losing durability is 6% per hit.
So UB190 would set the chance that a crystalline item loses a durability point at 0.3%, which is 3.33 times as low as the current rate.

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#57 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:36

could you check to see if Librarian is correctly working? its not showing on combat logs

#58 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:40

As gold sinks are a constant topic, how about a separate rate for forging crystal gear now that it breaks?

At my level it costs more than 4 million gold (+ 10FSP) to 5 forge an item. This isn't going to happen if the gear will break fairly rapidly. Therefore this update, even if the durability loss is halved or quartered will lose a valuable gold and FSP sink.

#59 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:42

could you check to see if Librarian is correctly working? its not showing on combat logs

Lib never did show on combat logs. You can see fairly easily when it activated by the xp gained, double for a lib activation.

#60 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:43

UB190 will be 5% of the normal chance of a durability loss. The normal chance of items losing durability is 6% per hit.
So UB190 would set the chance that a crystalline item loses a durability point at 0.3%, which is 3.33 times as low as the current rate.

Well its still higher then .3 because thats likely on a per item basis not all 9 items, so take .3 and multiply it by 9 and you would get the true rate of taking damage.

Even then I do not think that unbreakable buff works that way. Going by the way the description is it says nothing about it reducing the base chance, it simple says it gives a percent chance not to take damage. If it reduced the chance it would say something like .5 percent per point reduction in chance to take damage to items or something of the sort.

EDIT: As well im pretty sure items have a much higher chance of taking damage then 6 percent, Hunting without ub on items take dmg almost every hit. If it was 6 percent they wouldnt take damage very much at all and there would be almost no point for ub.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: