• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 23:31

So I decided to come back to the game and hunt a bit. I notice that even with more than enough attack and damage and proper buffs at level 1600 to where I am now; I seem to be missing my attack every 1 in 5. When I look at the battle logs I do not see a reason why I mssed other than just "Rasputin26 misses." I recall this used to be a 2% miss ratio not a 20% Is this a new change to the game? Is this just a harder level range? Any knowledge or thoughts into this would be appreciated!

Rasputin17.jpg 

#2 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 00:09

creature has dodge, first strike maybe

#3 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 00:16

Check the creatures Enhancements, then check yours. Buff accordingly. You may have to up your Def or Arm

#4 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 00:54

creature has dodge, first strike maybe

I noticed a couple of levels they had dodge in the 40s and first strike in the 40s but not all and some that were giving me the most trouble had critical hit and breaker in the upper 40s. So I was a bit confused about it. Are there any changes to buffs or some that I should not be using anymore during hunts to avoid a first miss? I checked my buffs and they all seemed to give attack and damage. I remembered to avoid buffs such that are used for defense where it reduced the attack and damage. Also my attack was around 39k-40k and my damage was around 107k. I am using the recommend hunting set up that is given in the wiki for level 1600.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#5 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:21

The only way creatures can fight back is by having those pesky enhancements like Dodge and First Strike.

In your case, it was probably just "unlucky". You got outplayed by FallenSword RNG. For the enhancements, you could use Demoralize to deal with them, but that's another chance buff in itself

#6 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:12

The only way creatures can fight back is by having those pesky enhancements like Dodge and First Strike.

In your case, it was probably just "unlucky". You got outplayed by FallenSword RNG. For the enhancements, you could use Demoralize to deal with them, but that's another chance buff in itself

Yeah for sure, probably just crap luck and hard levels. I added demoralize, dark curse pot and some other ones to try to help with it after I got my butt handed to me almost ever other hit and that seemed to slow down the misses. (but took away my overkill) I was making sure they didn't change the miss percentage because it happened so often it left me feeling like something was different than before. I am going to plan my next hunt and see which levels have the high dodge and first strike and those that don't. I will jot down the misses and look how big of a difference it is. Now I am really curious because in the feed where I missed I never saw the creature using dodge or first strike. Maybe I found a glitch? 

Edited by Rasputin, 06 June 2018 - 05:16.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#7 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:25

whats your hunting setup? can I see some pics :)

sigma_468x60.jpg

#8 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:35

setup1600.jpg

Then I am buffed with all the bells and whistles to get 100k damage and 40kish attack. I did not use any of the skills that transfer damage and attack to defence, armor or health. 

Edited by Rasputin, 06 June 2018 - 07:13.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#9 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 16:36

https://drive.google...F9UQ2dVUVE/view

Here's some more gear choices

#10 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 16:47

Of course that list is almost the same lol. Overkill is an Experience buff. Make sure to use Reckoning as that will increase chances of your Buffs activating. You may have just been in a bad spot. Over the last 200 levels I've had a few bad spots here and there. I would be leveling really good with no problems. Then I'd to increase my defense or armor for a level or two. And then went right back to the same gear, and would have no problems for another 10 levels or so.

But it's good to have spots like that in the game

#11 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 June 2018 - 17:58

For years now my theory is that Piercing Strike imitates First Strike  in that to be more effective to do you in, the creature with PS will hit first to weaken your armor during  first combat turn resulting in x2 combat turns.

My hunts always have Demoralize and Dull Edge activated 

Dull Edge +0.4% per point reduction to creatures 'Piercing Strike' enhancement.

I read that as reduction to PS activating and NOT the amount of armor the enhancement takes from you.

It is just a theory yet I lose a lot less battles during my suicide hunts :ph34r:

#12 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 22:03

For years now my theory is that Piercing Strike imitates First Strike  in that to be more effective to do you in, the creature with PS will hit first to weaken your armor during  first combat turn resulting in x2 combat turns.

My hunts always have Demoralize and Dull Edge activated 

Dull Edge +0.4% per point reduction to creatures 'Piercing Strike' enhancement.

I read that as reduction to PS activating and NOT the amount of armor the enhancement takes from you.

It is just a theory yet I lose a lot less battles during my suicide hunts :ph34r:

Yeah I had Dull Edge 175 and Demoralize 175 activated. Not sure if there is a potion or egg for Dull Edge but there is a demoralize one that I will try out next hunt. 

Rasputin17.jpg 

#13 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:19

FallenSword RNG.

i started a long-winded post but this is the tl;dr

Edited by duktayp, 08 June 2018 - 05:19.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: