Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 August 2021 - 14:48

Good afternoon everyone!

fs-3.4update.png

Today we bring you a number of updates! Over the past few weeks we have been collecting feedback from players, and we appreciate all of those who took part in discussions to bring certain things to light.

Firstly, we have made adjustments to the PvP Attack Range. It will now scale based on level:

1 - 199: +/- 5
200 to 999: +/- 10
1000 to 1999: +/- 20
2000 to 2999: +/- 30
3000 to 3999: +/- 40
4000 to 4999: +/- 50

We would like to trial these new ranges for the next month, so we look forward to hearing your feedback.

Note, for the "Fight Players" page, it skips anyone with less than 1k gold as well as if the VL of the target player is out of range or if they've not been active in the last 14 days

Secondly, there is now an option for the Guild Leader to disband unwanted Relics. Once disbanding a Relic, the same guild cannot recapture the Relic for 24 hours. Permissions for capturing Relics will be added at a later date when the app is in a more stable state.

Thirdly, we have updated 15 Relics across the level ranges of 101 to 3,600. We're not saying which ones. Time to go hunting.

Lastly, we have made some adjustments to the skills Dispel Curse, Dark Curse, Balanced Attack, Balanced Defense and Shatter Armor. We will be offering an optional free skill reset as part of this update.

The changes are:

Dispel Curse: 0.1% chance per point that Dark Curse will not work against you (PvP only).

Dark Curse: 0.1% reduction per point to enemy Defense.

Balanced Attack: +0.05% per point to Attack and Damage if every piece of equipped gear is within +/- 25 levels of each other.

Balanced Defense: +0.05% per point to Defense and Armor if every piece of equipped gear is within +/- 25 levels of each other.

Shatter Armor: 0.05% chance per point to reduce enemy Armor by 50%.

Please note that the PvP Attack Ranges and Disband Relic option will not be available on the App until the next App update.

We welcome everyone to share their opinions on these changes on our discord and forums!

Happy hunting!

~ Fallen Sword Team

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 14:58

Hi HCS,

What was the reason for changing both Dark Curse and Dispel Curse the way it is now. 

Cheers,

EP

#3 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 15:04

Dark Curse Nerf means Armor setups nerfed and Defensive setups buffed ....

What's the reason for changing Dark curse? you could just nerf the buff level from big pots instead.

Terrorize skill also shouldn't excess level 250 

Changing 1 skill like Dark Curse only will just cause imbalance 

Edited by shindrak, 26 August 2021 - 15:08.

#4 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 15:10

Good afternoon everyone!

Thirdly, we have updated 15 Relics across the level ranges of 101 to 3,600. We're not saying which ones. Time to go hunting.

~ Fallen Sword Team

I love that y'all didnt tell us where.. this brings me back to when potion recipes were released and we all went out adventuring looking for em

Edited by RebornJedi, 26 August 2021 - 15:11.

#5 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 15:14

Hi Team

In your initial feedback post, I requested you guys to bring up potential changes for discussion before they are implements so we the players who play Fallensword every day could provide context to how the changes would play out. Dark Curse nerfs are not the answer.

Dark Curse nerf means:
-Defense setups is now an even more effective strategy ( It's already preferred in 90% of situations)

-Armor setups have to need way more attacks to compensate which is already hard to do but now given the nerf + Flinch staying as is they are not viable for PVP unless you are turtling

Going forward, PVP is going to be boring, most combats are going to end based on 2%. PVP should always favor the attacker otherwise it's no longer fun.

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 August 2021 - 15:21

Hi Team

In your initial feedback post, I requested you guys to bring up potential changes for discussion before they are implements so we the players who play Fallensword every day could provide context to how the changes would play out. Dark Curse nerfs are not the answer.

Dark Curse nerf means:
-Defense setups is now an even more effective strategy ( It's already preferred in 90% of situations)

-Armor setups have to need way more attacks to compensate which is already hard to do but now given the nerf + Flinch staying as is they are not viable for PVP unless you are turtling

Going forward, PVP is going to be boring, most combats are going to end based on 2%. PVP should always favor the attacker otherwise it's no longer fun.

Why would you think this?  The fact that PvP has always favored the attacker is one of the primary reasons those that object to PvP do so.... because they don't like being fish in a barrel....  and that sounds pretty boring to me....    

Edited by BadPenny, 26 August 2021 - 15:22.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#7 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 15:30

Why would you think this?  The fact that PvP has always favored the attacker is one of the primary reasons those that object to PvP do so.... because they don't like being fish in a barrel....  and that sounds pretty boring to me....    

If attackers have the advantage its anyones game so long has they know how to counter gear of buffs.

If defenders have the advantage its a stalemate, people may try but if you have to commit 50% resources than the defender at a chance to win it feels bad. Not many can afford to play that game either.

#8 Feldshan

Feldshan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 15:45

Why was the find player not updated to go with the attack player to easily show what targets you had and who could attack you? Right now Find Player still is the +/-10 levels while the attack player shows what ever your range is. 

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 15:46

If attackers have the advantage its anyones game so long has they know how to counter gear of buffs.

If defenders have the advantage its a stalemate, people may try but if you have to commit 50% resources than the defender at a chance to win it feels bad. Not many can afford to play that game either.

Whatever you think is right, dear
With most people sitting around in epics, I can't see that it matters much outside of the ladder.

And I'm reasonably sure that these buff changes are still subject to change same as the changes to ranges.

I still think that having the attacker have all the advantages is out of balance.... But I'm just a crazy old woman, what the heck could I know about things......

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#10 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 26 August 2021 - 15:53

Nice pvp range changes, new updated relics is great as well. Kudos for the ability to Abandon a relic n such as well. But No changes to relic combat or penalty? Either way cheers.

Dispel change is a good start, but instead of it reducing dc effectiveness, it still completely nerfs it... THEN dark curse buff got nerfed as a whole. Why?

The balanced buff changes... off the top of my head there's not many le sets n others in range of one another in the higher ranges? Most often spread 50+ levels apart if anything.

Either way, my issue is the dc buff nerf. Not needed. Thank you for starting some changes tho. I really hope yall listen to feedback regarding the buffs in particular, and maybe even sneak some new ones in there at some point.

3k level cap buffs. Eoc is almost at 5k.

Cheers~

Maeh.

#11 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 16:23

1st the attack range was popular in another thread. i don't like the under level 1000 ranges.

2nd someone mentioned if guild can disband relic then little need for relic permission.

3rd updated relics: cool. +1. yay!

4th

disC from .2 to .1, why? lower levels and struggling players rely on the .2 in combination with at least 1 other buff to win. DQs for pvp are for wins, not attempts.

DC from .2 to .1, why? levellers need the .2 for the creature with high def. how does this affect SE hunting? another someone suggested a .2 pve exception. why wasn't this exception implemented? again lower levels and struggling players rely on the .2 to for a small amount of success. again, DQs for pvp are for wins, not attempts. as for guilds, .2 is better for defense in gvg.

BA change to item range level. good, buff is useful now.

BD see BA comment.

SA why not increase chance of activating from .05 to 01? as to compensate for change from 75% to 50% opponent's arm loss.

#12 TheCount

TheCount

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 16:49

I'm not fancy or know how to quote people on here. But Penny, Sidd did not say attackers should have all of the advantages. You're kind of seeming petty because he has a differing opinion. Fumble and Smite are already advantages that attackers do not have, and assuming both are online, geared, and buffed, that's a huge thing.

The Dark Curse change is horrible. It's a glaring piece of proof the the developers do not play the game they are working on. I like the fact that changes are being made, but when Defense was already the meta by a large margin, why give them a very significant buff? I don't even think the change to Dispel Curse is good. If anything just lower the level of the Dispel in future potions and wait for the old ones to die out. I understand that there was a huge increase in the amount of Easter Baskets handed out, but nerfing the buff does not fix that or change the meta that everyone without them have to deal with

I looked at setups for the Balanced buffs, there aren't any viable options above 199. I'm only one person, but I checked everything I could think of from 25-EOC and found the change to be almost pointless. I do think they needed a change, but maybe have it work more similarly to Mighty Vigor where higher levels increase how broad the level range is. Then you can put them into pots and they'd actually be worth using.

I'd like to add that I like the idea of all of these changes, I'd just prefer they weren't solely strengthening the current meta when the change is actually consequential.

Edited by TheCount, 26 August 2021 - 16:51.

#13 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 16:49

Whatever you think is right, dear
With most people sitting around in epics, I can't see that it matters much outside of the ladder.

And I'm reasonably sure that these buff changes are still subject to change same as the changes to ranges.
I still think that having the attacker have all the advantages is out of balance.... But I'm just a crazy old woman, what the heck could I know about things......

"always" may be too much, but those who initiate attack should have an (as opposed to "the") advantage. in chess, white goes first and is expected to win. in sports the aggressor is expected to win.

Nice pvp range changes, new updated relics is great as well. Kudos for the ability to Abandon a relic n such as well. But No changes to relic combat or penalty? Either way cheers.
Dispel change is a good start, but instead of it reducing dc effectiveness, it still completely nerfs it... THEN dark curse buff got nerfed as a whole. Why?
The balanced buff changes... off the top of my head there's not many le sets n others in range of one another in the higher ranges? Most often spread 50+ levels apart if anything.
Either way, my issue is the dc buff nerf. Not needed. Thank you for starting some changes tho. I really hope yall listen to feedback regarding the buffs in particular, and maybe even sneak some new ones in there at some point.
3k level cap buffs. Eoc is almost at 5k.
Cheers~
Maeh.

BA and BD have use at lower levels, more so now. increasing range can make BA and BD too powerful at lower levels.

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 17:03

As I've said before, I already know my opinion means little to nothing
sorry if I have offended anyone

Penny out

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#15 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 18:33

unknown.png

Minions of Mirkwood activated Dispel Curse.

PVP Only ?

Edited by SiddXIV, 27 August 2021 - 06:58.

#16 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2021 - 23:45

As I've said before, I already know my opinion means little to nothing
sorry if I have offended anyone

Penny out

We value your opinion! :)

#17 IVANIDAS

IVANIDAS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 23:50

We value you @hoofmaster  ;)

1XUAuwf.png

#18 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2021 - 23:51

We value you @hoofmaster  ;)

:wub:

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 23:52

Hi HCS,

What was the reason for changing both Dark Curse and Dispel Curse the way it is now. 

Cheers,

EP

Interested in the above for research purposes. Cheers

#20 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 23:59

So you've taken a PvE and PvP buff in the shape of Dark Curse that worked perfectly fine since its inception and halved it to compensate for the over powered pots that were created by yourselves rather than reducing the pot level rewards.

This makes no sense. Why can't you just remove the over powered Dark Curse from the pot rewards that were created like you did with the original Luxury Chest when it had Inventor II 500 in it?

You're now penalising the rest of the PvE to appease a problem you created yourselves in PvP.

Also, is Attack/Armour now blasphemy when it comes to set design? Surely you can see this?

Edited by Prop, 27 August 2021 - 00:14.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: