Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2021 - 11:53

Hello everyone!

The Fallen Sword Team have been extremely busy recently with a significant overhaul of the app. This version of the app is out now, though there has been some delay with it becoming available on iOS. We're expecting the update to be available on iOS soon though; sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Here are the changes that come along with this update:

0.9.0 Patch Notes

New
  • Floating Message System

Updated
  • Global Quest Dialogs
  • Quest Dialogs
  • Quest Tracking
  • Buff /Skill Panels
  • Composing
  • Top Rated
  • Inventory
  • Hellforge
  • Crafting

As always, please feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comments below or you can reach us on our Discord server: https://discord.huntedcow.com

Enjoy the latest update!

~The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Imp92

Imp92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 12:38

Hello,

Thank you HCS for the new App version.

The biggest fix (for me) is that I can sell items in AH now :)

I like most of UI changes.

I don't really like the new Item/folder management, as the previous one was easier to work with.. But this could be because I had gotten used to it.

The new composing menu is looking good and with more detail than before.

However I saw some new issues (most are minor).

Biggest issue is that the guild and guild leaders chats stopped working, or at least I thought so.. After some time, I started receiving guild chat messages, but the guild leaders is still blank. Best guess is a new message needs to be posted to refresh the database.

LeadersChat.jpg

Another thing I noticed is that the repair button on the map doesn't always work and is not always active..

RepairButton.jpg

The workaround is to go to the profile where another repair button is present, which works every time

Next issue I saw was the guild vault. When I go there, every item is displayed as "very poor" and not forged (even those that are not). I haven't tested the recall buttons, because the other part of the issue is that it is not displayed if the item is currently being equipped or in the Backpack of a mate..

itemCompare.jpg

Another thing I noticed is that the cast buffs don't appear in the 'active buffs' tab. Or at least not right away. The tab either refreshes after some time (not sure about this) , or you force the refresh by App restart.

Putting these things aside (and they are not really game breakers) , I had a really pleasant hunt earlier today and gained a couple of levels :)

#3 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 15:07

glad it got such a quick fix.. please post updates on the News home page so the community has an easier time seeing it.. I didn't know there was a fix until after my global hunt..
  • Zue likes this

#4 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:25

Hi Imp92,

I am really happy you are enjoying the newest version of the app, we have put allot of work into this one so it is great to hear you are liking it!

Thank you for the feedback relating to this newest update! Your concerns about the new folder management system have been noted. If there is enough criticism about them then we can always address it later down the line. 

Thank you also for the bug reports! The screenshots really help too! We will make sure to address these issues and find a solution before the next update!

Thank you again for your feedback, we are really happy you are enjoying the newest version of the Fallen Sword app, and as always, Happy Hunting!

~ Conix

#5 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:27

Hi RebornJedi,

Thank you for pointing out that the news post about this update had been missed! This has now been fixed.

~ Conix

#6 Imp92

Imp92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:55

Hello,

I noticed two more things.. Fill free to ignore this post as it is pretty much irrelevant to the gameplay.

When placing a bid on an item in AH, the popup message is not exactly correct.. It says I've bought the item, and I have just placed a bid:

AfterBid.jpg

The other thing is related to the Global Quest tracking..

Progress.jpg

I feel like the progress tracking is not very clear... I've done the required points, but it says "Points remaining". If possible, could you please make the two icons on each side the progress bar to change dynamically based on your progress?

And again, thank you HCS for you hard work!

Kind regards :) 

#7 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 October 2021 - 12:45

Hi Imp92,

Thank you for the additional feedback on the app, both of these issues have now been fixed our end and will be available in the next update. 

How you have described the global quest is actually how it is suppose to work. After having looked at this though, there was a bug that stopped this updating when Ruby has been achieved. This has now been fixed and will be working as intended in the next update. 

Thank you again for the feedback, if you find anything else, don't hesitate to let us know!

Kind Regards,

~ Conix

#8 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 October 2021 - 13:08

Hi Imp92, 

Would you be able to provide more information about the guild recall issue you mentioned here? We have tried to replicate the issue but were unable to see anything wrong. Everything else you have reported has now been fixed our end, but we need a little more info to help with this one. 

Kind Regards,

~Conix

I haven't tested the recall buttons, because the other part of the issue is that it is not displayed if the item is currently being equipped or in the Backpack of a mate..

attachicon.gifitemCompare.jpg

#9 Imp92

Imp92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 13:43

Hello,

TaggedItems.jpg

When entering the vault, all items are seen as very poor and not forged.

The search option works great:

WazargsHelm.jpg

But again every items looks very poor and not forged.. And they are not:

Mate1.jpg Mate2.jpg

And from the picture in the first post you can see, that when clicking on an item, it does not display if the item is equipped or not.. 

Thank you for the quick reply/fix! 

Best regards :) 

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 October 2021 - 17:23

All attempts to access the "info" tab of the profile appear to result in the app closing

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#11 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 22:38

i think the web borrower needs some love to? i cant log in. a refresh doesnt work. please fix it

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2021-10-28 113225.png

Edited by moneypants, 27 October 2021 - 22:40.

#12 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 28 October 2021 - 03:44

I have issues with the lastest build. Firstly; Why would anyone, do any menu options in CAPS ? It is the worst looking thing, and I also hate it when anything on my phone yells at me  :huh:

Secondly, I am no longer able to withdraw gold from my bank. Or.. I can, if I use the slider, put when I enter the amount manually, the withdraw button grays out, and becomes unresponsive. This, is rather annoying when trying to compose potions  :blink:

Third, and last for now I think, the floating menu thingies that have appeared, should go away a lot faster. When I discard 10 potions at once, it takes forever for the 10 "potion whateverthename has been discarded" announcement to go away... and when it does, there are 9 more to go (also does not state if I have gotten the XP from making the pot).

And yes, I can remove the announcements manually, but that also takes far too long. Adding more "clicks" to any action is a no go, and has been since the late 90ies  :rolleyes:

Other that that, it feels like a more complete app, although I too had gotten used to some of the old gui  :wub:

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#13 Imp92

Imp92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 03:46

All attempts to access the "info" tab of the profile appear to result in the app closing

Hey Badpenny,

That has never been an issue for me..
I'd provide info about phone/OS or submit a ticket, as that could be considered personal info ..

Kind regards

#14 Imp92

Imp92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 07:57

Hello,

@KitiaraLi, I have never had a withdraw problem, and it works just fine for me:

Withdraw.jpg

So it has to be device specific (hope I'm not writing nonsense)..

I can agree about the popup messages.. Could it be possible to make them as a setting (to pop or not) and maybe change the place of popping?

And about the gold for composing, could it be made the same as the gold for buying a buff.. To be automatically taken from the bank if not available?

Kind regards

#15 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:55

But again every items looks very poor and not forged.. And they are not:

And from the picture in the first post you can see, that when clicking on an item, it does not display if the item is equipped or not.. 

Hi Imp92,

Thank you for the additional information, the "Very Poor" issue has now been fixed and I have passed on the feedback about the equipped tag to our designer who will look for a solution. We will hopefully have both of these on the next app update.

Hi Penny, 

I'm not sure what is happening with the info tab, it is working fine for me. Is it attempting to load for you or is it closing the app as soon as you click the info tab? Can you provide some more details as to what is happening here? I feel like working out why it is crashing your app will be the biggest challenge in getting this fixed.

I have issues with the lastest build. Firstly; Why in the "&#% in the year 2021 would anyone, do any menu options in CAPS ? It is the worst looking thing, and I also hate it when anything on my phone yells at me  :huh:

Secondly, I am no longer able to withdraw gold from my bank. Or.. I can, if I use the slider, put when I enter the amount manually, the withdraw button grays out, and becomes unresponsive. This, is rather annoying when trying to compose potions  :blink:

Third, and last for now I think, the floating menu thingies that have appeared, should go away a lot faster. When I discard 10 potions at once, it takes forever for the 10 "potion whateverthename has been discarded" announcement to go away... and when it does, there are 9 more to go (also does not state if I have gotten the XP from making the pot).

And yes, I can remove the announcements manually, but that also takes far too long. Adding more "clicks" to any action is a no go, and has been since the late 90ies  :rolleyes:

Other that that, it feels like a more complete app, although I too had gotten used to some of the old gui  :wub:

HI KitiaraLi,

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that you do not like the all caps on menus, when designing the new style we believed this to be the best option for header areas. We do appreciate your feedback however and it has been noted for review. 

Thank you for pointing out the bank withdraw issue, should have that fixed for the next update.

As for the notifications, we believe this to be a better way to display them than the previous system that has them stacking down the screen. You can however swipe left to dismiss a single notification and swipe right to dismiss all. Sorry that this is not overly obvious, we can see if there is any way to make this any more obvious in a future update.

And about the gold for composing, could it be made the same as the gold for buying a buff.. To be automatically taken from the bank if not available?

Hi again Imp92,

We have taken your feedback into consideration, but I don't want to get your hopes up on this one, I will however bring it up at the next team sit-down and see what the general consensus is.

Thanks again for all the app feedback so far! It all really helps us improve the game for future versions! 

Happy Hunting Everyone,

~Conix

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 13:05

I'm against gold being taken directly from the bank (Even for buff marketplace). 

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 October 2021 - 14:25

Sorry, Conix, here are more details:
I am using an Android device (LG K40). Before, when I tried to access the "Info" tab of my profile, the app immediately closed, and after a couple more tries, I decided to leave well enough alone and let you guys know....  

I tried again this morning to give you more information, but now I'm getting "HUD is out of sync" notifications when the app first starts, which puts the app into a continual login loop.  If it's any help at all, the login screen has a brief "stutter" where it kinda freezes for a few seconds before the game finally loads.  Neither clearing my phone cache or restarting my device made a difference.

I'm against gold being taken directly from the bank (Even for buff marketplace). 

I have to agree about this...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#18 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 October 2021 - 17:40

Sorry, Conix, here are more details:
I am using an Android device (LG K40). Before, when I tried to access the "Info" tab of my profile, the app immediately closed, and after a couple more tries, I decided to leave well enough alone and let you guys know....  

I tried again this morning to give you more information, but now I'm getting "HUD is out of sync" notifications when the app first starts, which puts the app into a continual login loop.  If it's any help at all, the login screen has a brief "stutter" where it kinda freezes for a few seconds before the game finally loads.  Neither clearing my phone cache or restarting my device made a difference.

No worries Penny,

Thank you for the extra information regarding this issue. I'm still not sure why your app is crashing, but I will do some more digging and hopefully find the issue.

As for the out of sync issue, this mainly happens when the app and browser are running at the same time. For the time being we recommend not having the browser loaded when trying to use the app. I hope this helps with your login loop issue and sorry for any inconvenience here.

~Conix

• Zue likes this

#19 Treelink

Treelink

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 18:57

I use the app mainly for:

• Watching ads for FSP and
  • Composing, which includes
  • Withdrawing money from bank

Unfortunately the latest update made all 3 things worse. (Sorry!! I wanted to like the update  :D )

When watching ads, I used to be able to watch 5 in a row, before the app would tell me that no more ads were available.

After the update, I can watch an ad. Then wait 20 seconds or so. Then maybe the watch button becomes pressable again, but often not.

The consequence already now, is that I usually just watch the one ad, and not nearly as often. I'm guessing you somehow do want me to watch more ads, so that's unfortunate  ;)

Composing is difficult now. Count the number of actions required for me to discard 4 potions, and brew 4 new ones:

1: Hit the artisan icon

2: Go to composing tab

3: Go to potions in progress

4: Hit the trash-bin icon that discards all potions

5: Hit confirm

6: Go to potion creator tab

7: Hit save/load potion template

8: Choose the relevant template

9: Hit brew

10: Go back to the potion creator tab

11: Hit brew

12: Go back to the potion creator tab

13: Hit brew

14: Go back to the potion creator tab

15: Hit brew

Finally withdrawing money seems bugged. If you enter a number you want to withdraw, the button to withdraw will be greyed out. Using the slider works, but is impractical.

I really love the new visuals.. But just for the old way of composing, I'd revert my app version in a second if I could. Sorry!  :)

#20 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2021 - 10:24

Hi Treelink,

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that this update has impacted your preferred way to use the app but we will work hard to make the next one better for you!

Ads are controlled externally and are not sent by us, however we did update the plugin that we use to display these client side so could be an issue with that? Thank you for letting us know about the issue, we will have a look into this and see if there is anything we can do to resolve the issue.

As for composing, I believe this to be a bug. When clicking the brew button, a quantity selector is suppose to open if more than one composing slot is available. I will look into this and see why it is not triggering, should at least make composing smoother in the next update. 

The bank withdraw issue has been resolved our side and will be available in the next update.

Thank you again for the feedback on this update, sorry you have been having issues with this one, but we are glad to hear you are liking the new visuals! We will work hard to make sure the next version is the best of both worlds! 

~Conix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: