31 replies to this topic

#1 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:38

I was really looking forward to the 10-year anniversary for something new or for at least some “real” updates to get implemented but was utterly disappointed when we only received a pot

Honestly I was about to “go into eternal slumber” since there is hardly anything for me to do in the game anymore + for desperately trying for years to promote PvP + losing hope UNTIL I saw hoof getting involved in the game again !!!

There are so many things that can be done to improve the game (some are even on the “LIST” that grim has) but unfortunately hardly anything so far ….. :(

I used to mainly PvP a LOT & chat BUT got worse due to PvP constantly being watered down + kept getting even worse with composing !!!

It has been about 2 years since I have done any “real” PvP, the last big update (composing) **** up PvP even more !!! :(

So here are some suggestions IMO to truly improve PvP, the part of the game I used to mainly play & enjoy:

• Each BB-attack costs 1 Bounty-Ticket !!! => increase PvP activity !!!!
  • IF a player has been attacked in normal PvP & does NOT login after 48 hours then the bounty gets AUTO-posted !!! (this is to prevent the bounty to expire + prevent “certain-individuals” to keep hitting inactive players + help those who can not login daily due to RL + should generate more BB-activity) the reward of these AUTO-bounties will be Bounty-Tickets !!! AUTO-Bounties ONLY apply to players who have been offline for 48 hours after the attack (if they login BEFORE the 48 hours then the bounty will NOT be AUTO-posted & can be posted manually !!!)

The AUTO-BOUNTY feature can be de -/activated under Character - PREFERENCES !!!!

IMPORTANT: there will be NO changes done to the current manual method to post bounties !!! AUTO-Bounties are just an addition !!! => increase PvP activity !!!!

• Each PvP-attack costs MAXIMUM 50 stamina & XP LOSS stays the SAME as a current 100 stam hit (like how it was during season) !!! you will be choosing between 10 – 50 stamina hits !!! => increase PvP activity !!!!
  • Composing will NOT work in PvP (Composing will only work in PvE) or is capped at lvl 192 (I choose lvl 192 since players can cast lvl 192 with the help of Buff Enhancer 340) !!! just watch how composing has negatively affected PvP, BB, GvG, PvP-Ladder !!!! defending while either online / offline will have a much higher chance since everyone will be battling with lvl 175 buffs !!! (skill levels 175 VS 175 & NOT levels 175 VS 400-552 LOL) => increase PvP, BB, GvG, … activity !!!!

There are other PvP improvements BUT I think the ones mentioned above should have the least opposition

Most importantly if possible would like to know the answer to these 2 questions that have been bothering me for years:

To HOOFMASTER

Can you please define what you EXACTLY mean / understand by “””” NOT watering PvP down anymore “””” & if possible give EXAMPLES?

To BigGrim

Can you please tell us what you have added to the “LIST” so far?

For a long time we were told when an idea / suggestion got accepted that it was added to the “LIST” but so far nobody (payers I asked) knows where to find that “LIST” or what is exactly written on it

Thanks in advance

ps: can you please add a sub-section called “ BUGS “ that gets regularly checked where players can post?

5IlvlCl.png

There are some BUGS I reported months ago (even years) that unfortunately still have not been fixed yet :(

as usual please keep it civil & ignore trolls whose aim is just to start a fight / get the topic closed, THANKS

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:03

I don't think auto bounties is good for the game, nor will it foster more PvP activity. Also, I'm already spending a bunch of tickets to take a bounty, not wanting to spend more for each hit. IMHO, attitudes like this are killing PvP. It's why it's no longer fun for me, and after the levels lost due to my last PvP DQ, I'll no longer be doing those. Your guildmates have closed that door for me. I now do something else with my time.....

There's much more to this game than PvP or leveling. Idk why we appear to have lost sight of that.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:17

I don't bother posting bounties.  Any hit on me takes only gold, damages gear and I have enough to spend my gold on without putting up a bounty too.

Sorry Mary, I burned out on PvP long before I arrived in FS and have no intent to start again.

There are people in several guilds in this game that take great delight in hitting people then telling them if they bounty their will be 100 stam hits instead of 10.  *shrugs*  My thoughts on things.

#4 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:28

I don't think auto bounties is good for the game, nor will it foster more PvP activity

IMPORTANT: there will be NO changes done to the current manual method to post bounties !!! AUTO-Bounties are just an addition !!! => increase PvP activity !!!!

of course it will increase PvP activity since NO bounties will expire on "inactive players" anymore who keep getting farmed, meaning that there will be bounties posted instead of ZERO bounties due to expiration !!!

I call that an increase of PvP activity when there is a bounty posted rather than NONE, do not you agree?

Also, I'm already spending a bunch of tickets to take a bounty, not wanting to spend more for each hit.

with this every bounty will cost MAXIMUM 10 Bounty-Tickets regardless of level !!!

1 hit = 1 Bounty-Ticket

2 hits = 2 Bounty-Tickets

10 hits = 10 Bounty-Tickets !!!

#5 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:46

I don't bother posting bounties.  Any hit on me takes only gold, damages gear and I have enough to spend my gold on without putting up a bounty too.

Sorry Mary, I burned out on PvP long before I arrived in FS and have no intent to start again.

nobody is forcing you to post bounties or to hit anyone, it is up to you & neither does any of my suggestions force you to do so, so I am sorry but I fail to see how your post has anything to do with the suggestions I posted mellow.png

#6 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:16

• IF a player has been attacked in normal PvP & does NOT login after 48 hours then the bounty gets AUTO-posted !!! (this is to prevent the bounty to expire + prevent “certain-individuals” to keep hitting inactive players + help those who can not login daily due to RL + should generate more BB-activity) the reward of these AUTO-bounties will be Bounty-Tickets !!! AUTO-Bounties ONLY apply to players who have been offline for 48 hours after the attack (if they login BEFORE the 48 hours then the bounty will NOT be AUTO-posted & can be posted manually !!!)

The AUTO-BOUNTY feature can be de -/activated under Character - PREFERENCES !!!!

• Each PvP-attack costs MAXIMUM 50 stamina & XP LOSS stays the SAME as a current 100 stam hit (like how it was during season) !!! you will be choosing between 10 – 50 stamina hits !!! => increase PvP activity !!!!
  • Composing will NOT work in PvP (Composing will only work in PvE) or is capped at lvl 192 (I choose lvl 192 since players can cast lvl 192 with the help of Buff Enhancer 340) !!! just watch how composing has negatively affected PvP, BB, GvG, PvP-Ladder !!!! defending while either online / offline will have a much higher chance since everyone will be battling with lvl 175 buffs !!! (skill levels 175 VS 175 & NOT levels 175 VS 400-552 LOL) => increase PvP, BB, GvG, … activity !!!!

good points mary but useless if hcs keeps ignoring pvp, I think hoofmaster has given up on pvp

#7 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:05

I think the max of a 100 is good if not it should be more >.> ok let me smash someone at my lvl ok 10 tickets ok let me smash someone 2k lvls below me also 10 tickets it's ridiculous and it only favors those at eoc and not being able to use composed pots even worse what you are proposing is only be able to attack players within your range which includes the board no more clearing people not in your range

#8 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 21:12

Consider me a representative of the second P, within my level range, without whom no one would be able to PvP and as such I am always interested in what is coming and how it will unfold.  :) 

#9 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 21:55

sorry... these suggestions only further the power bigger guilds have reinforcing gvp and not pvp.

#10 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:32

There's much more to this game than PvP or leveling. Idk why we appear to have lost sight of that.

human nature to attack and kill each other

5aZzW0p.png,

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:52

I'm all for human nature. But we need content that keeps up with the times. Auto bounties to prevent alleged farming of inactives (farming what, pray tell) changing the core of the bounty system, which actually worked fine before people were afraid posting would lead fo further retaliation, these serve merely as a bandaid at best. IDK how to fix the way PvP is perceived, but irregardless, it won't stop the population from dwindling. Modernization such as the upcoming app and recent updates are the key to bringing in new blood, and keeping them interested. I have every respect for Mary, but in this case, her idea benefits PvPers at the top of the food chain, and is detrimental to those on the lower levels.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#12 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 21:54

this 2 good and was in season too and nobody was saying having problem with it but now some players have lol

this very good extra, you can doing bountying manually and if offline for 48 hours then automatic bounty, I liking it, if Players farming inactive players for prestige, gold or daily quest they will get bountying, very good will give more pvp activity

nobody should having problem with this, only Players who wanting farming players who offline for long and not getting bountying

Players will always wanting liking to do Players way of pvp, they afraid fighting with same level buffs 175 against other players, they needing composing skills so they can having very big advantage for their Players way of pvp, it is disgrace how gvg conflict, ladder, bounty board and all pvp getting destroying by this

Edited by BigGrim, 24 January 2017 - 10:45.
Keep the flame baiting out of your posts please.

#13 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 23:09

good points mary but useless if hcs keeps ignoring pvp, I think hoofmaster has given up on pvp

I think so too

#14 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:23

lol mary, you still try help, nothing will happen like 1 year ago, 2 years ago, 3 years ago, 4 years ago

please wake up and come join me :)

#15 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:33

How about make the smasher medal count regular PvP hits instead of trash tier bounty hits?

Edited by SirAdmiral, 25 January 2017 - 01:35.

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:00

how about we let hoof focus on what's important, like keeping fs on even keel with modern times.  changing pvp to fit the view of the chosen(?) few won't accomplish this.  the game needs modernization to survive.  

Edited by BadPenny, 25 January 2017 - 05:01.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#17 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 21:53

I want to start off here by saying that I believe I agree with mary's sentiment but not their "solutions". 

Though I hope in 2018 to put forth a suggestion that "might" help both sides of the "argument"... well, I was just going to skip replying here, but you all know I can't, lol. 

I'm going to "skip" the whole list idea. I get mary's comments and agree to a huge degree. Personally, I'd really love to see that come back to the forum.

However, in HCS' defense, a lot of the Forum threads deteriorate (not just in flaming) and fail to recognize those things that HCS has done. In a lot of ways, this is why I think HCS should be active in those threads. However, I say this because I can't imagine that even 1% of the player population reads the forum and I CAN say that, of those that do, even fewer participate. 

All that said... the issue with the BB is simply that people who for some odd reason think XP matters, don't think the BB is worthwhile. 

My idea has to do with the "possibility" of paying based on damage. More on that in 2018, but that is, and always has been the issue. It's only been worsened by players thinking it's a "job" and they shouldn't be "punished" for it.

Each BB-attack costs 1 Bounty-Ticket !!! => increase PvP activity !!!!

Could you comment on how you think this would "increase" PvP activity?

Without going into my thoughts about why one of the mistakes on PvP is trying to say that anything involving two players where one has the "possibility" to lose XP is PvP, I fail to see how this would "increase" PvP activity. 

Really waiting for mary's input here, but base reaction is: Activity will not increase, it will simply become cheaper to do the clear. That's definitely not good for the game.

I'd rather see me hitting a level 500 at a higher gold cost that helps the game than a 3,200 saying, "wth, doesn't cost me anything, might as well clear."

IF a player has been attacked in normal PvP & does NOT login after 48 hours then the bounty gets AUTO-posted !!! 

Sorry, for me, an "auto-bounty" system is completely illogical. 

It fails to compute with any logical idea of a bounty.

Without getting too into details, that auto-bounty system would serve to destroy any idea of paying some "reasonable payment" for damage. 

Each PvP-attack costs MAXIMUM 50 stamina & XP LOSS stays the SAME as a current 100 stam hit (like how it was during season) !!! you will be choosing between 10 – 50 stamina hits !!! => increase PvP activity !!!!

Not 100% against. But fail to see the point. If I can choose to 10 stam hit, why would I choose to 50 stam hit? How would that increase PvP activity? 

Again,  the real problem for me is that lower levels don't necessarily have the stam needed to do a 1k stam kill.

That is compounded by the 10 stam clear which is the real bane of the BB system in a lot of ways. 

Again, I'm arguing for a damaged based system whose suggestion won't happen til at least 2018. It will allow the poster to get a bang for their buck, IF, they are willing to pay for it and still allow clears that won't receive the reward that those really "upset players" put out.

Composing will NOT work in PvP

Definitely not. Why would it NOT? These are game aspects that, for right or wrong, have been instituted in game.

These little ideas about "works here, doesn't work here" are simply silly. It causes problems already with many buffs in game that HCS refuses, so far, to acknowledge, that it would cause much larger issues. 

In short, anything that is composed can be used, theoretically, by both sides. 

Only thing I'll hold my opinion on is a long-ago post by luis about Dispel Curse. It "seemed" reasonable... but didn't deny that iron will with SB and SL could get rid of it. 

EDIT:

PS mary... I do care a lot about PvP. I hope none of the above seems like an "attack"... it's definitely not meant to be. 

Right or wrong, I hope to move towards something both sides can accept and make PvP "real" again. That will not be easy. 

From nine years ago, "PvP perception" is a problem. For the most part, imo, HCS failed by exacerbating something that never should have been an issue.

However, I also believe that player ignorance was a huge factor as well. 

Beyond that, and as usual, players were light years ahead of the programming. That very thing is what, imo and experience, broke OSBH. In a nutshell, player "opinions" lacking in any discernible logic is what really caused the downfall of PvP. 

Correcting that would be great. ,op Maybe see ya in 2018.

Edited by Egami, 26 January 2017 - 22:01.

#18 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:27

Could you comment on how you think this would "increase" PvP activity?

Without going into my thoughts about why one of the mistakes on PvP is trying to say that anything involving two players where one has the "possibility" to lose XP is PvP, I fail to see how this would "increase" PvP activity. 

Really waiting for mary's input here, but base reaction is: Activity will not increase, it will simply become cheaper to do the clear. That's definitely not good for the game.

you already said it " it will simply become cheaper to do the clear " smile.png

usually when something gets "cheaper" more players participate

best example I can give you is when Titan Doubler & Teleport were introduced !!! Titan Hunting then became "cheaper" (less stamina & time required for a secure) & it led to UNDOUBTLY more Titan Hunting activity & even brought in NEW players !!!

it was not like there were not any high level players to hunt these titans (before TD & Teleport) BUT because it became "cheaper" for them that they started to hunt EVEN after epics dropped a lot in value !!!

currently the Titan Hunting activity is higher than it was BEFORE TD & Teleport were introduced & back then epics were X times more expensive than they are today !!!

I'd rather see me hitting a level 500 at a higher gold cost that helps the game than a 3,200 saying, "wth, doesn't cost me anything, might as well clear."

can you please explain how exactly it "helps the game"? (you rather mean helping with a gold sink & NOT with increasing PvP activity?)

why should it matter wether the bounty gets taken by a higher or lower lvl player? if there is an incentive to get higher lvl players to take bounties then why not? after all it would increase PvP activity !!!

for EXAMPLE minutes after I hit the BB, multiple high players accept my bounty, I talked to some & asked them why they only took my bounty while there are others still on the BB untouched & with stats they could easily beat, they replied to me that the reason is that my bounty is simply much"cheaper" than the rest !!! (while my bounty costs them only 1 Bounty-Ticket, the others cost them 100 Bounty-Tickets)

another thing is that when you accept the bounty you pay 100 Bounty-Tickets, wether you did ZERO, 1, 2 ..... or all 10 hits !!!

let me ask you: do you think players would keep Titan Hunting or scavenge the caves if they could not make any profit or at least break even? the same applies to the BB too !!!

this 2 good and was in season too and nobody was saying having problem with it but now some players have lol

as kitobass said, there was NOT a single soul who was against the " Each BB-attack costs 1 Bounty-Ticket " during the season!!!

there were 100s of posts & many liked the " Each BB-attack costs 1 Bounty-Ticket ", NOT 1 said anything against it BUT when it was brought up again (after they removed season) some players were suddenly against it, kinda strange mellow.png

Sorry, for me, an "auto-bounty" system is completely illogical. 

It fails to compute with any logical idea of a bounty.

Without getting too into details, that auto-bounty system would serve to destroy any idea of paying some "reasonable payment" for damage.

I totally agree with you & that is why I said it is an ADDITION / EXTRA !!! an ONLY "auto-bounty" system is completely illogical to me too & if you remember I was against it too during the season !!!

I think you misunderstood & will try to explain:

• IF you have NOT activated the auto-bounty feature under "Character Preferences" then the there will be NO auto-bounties !!! there will be NO changes at all & ALL bounties will have to be posted MANUALLY by the player like we are having NOW, again, NO changes !!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• IF you have activated the auto-bounty feature under "Character Preferences"

for the auto-bounty feature to work these 2 conditions have to be met:

1) you need to activate the auto-bounty feature under "Character Preferences"

2) you need to be OFFLINE (from the moment you were attacked until the bounty expires) WITHOUT coming online, not even once !!! (see EXAMPLES below)

INFO: bounties expire after 2 days (=48 hours)

1st EXAMPLE

at 03:30 02 July A hits B (B is offline at that moment)

after another 2 days (=48 hours) at 03:30 04 July B is still offline & the bounty expires BUT here is where the "auto-bounty" feature would kick in !!!

NOW instead of that the bounty would expire (since B is still offline) the bounty will be auto-posted !!!

2nd EXAMPLE

at 03:30 02 July A hits B (B is offline at that moment)

after another 1 day (=24 hours) at 03:30 03 July B comes online (auto-bounty feature will be deactivated / STOP) & B will have 1 day (=24 hours) left (until 03:30 04 July) to manually post the bounty before it expires !!!

if B goes offline again without manually posting the bounty the auto-bounty feature will not activate on this bounty since he already came online between the duration of the bounty (FROM 03:30 02 July TO 03:30 04 July) !!!

the "auto-bounty" feature does NOT replace the current "manually" posting of bounties !!!

the "auto-bounty" feature is an ADDITION / EXTRA that activate under "special" conditions (read obove post in green) !!!

PROS:

bounties who would have expired for 100% due to the target being offline / inactive for days will now be "auto-posted" !!!

would benefit players who go offline / inactive for days due to vac, work, RL, .....

so instead of ZERO bounties, this ADDITION called "auto-bounties" will generate bounties !!!

instead of ZERO bounties we will have MULTIPLE bounties !!!

ps: alone in my range thare are many who "prey" on inactive players whom they know will not be able to come online in time to bounty them & this "auto-bounty" - feature (which is an addition) will prevent bounties on inactives to expire !!! smile.png

Not 100% against. But fail to see the point. If I can choose to 10 stam hit, why would I choose to 50 stam hit? How would that increase PvP activity? 

Again,  the real problem for me is that lower levels don't necessarily have the stam needed to do a 1k stam kill.

That is compounded by the 10 stam clear which is the real bane of the BB system in a lot of ways.

I think you misunderstood or I did not fully explain it well so ......

currently you can choose between 10 - 100 stam hits !!!

what I am proposing is 10 - 50 stam hits !!!

instead of currently MAXIMUM 100 stam hits we will have MAXIMUM 50 stam hits !!!

the "new" 50 stam hits will take the same amount of XP as the "current" 100 stam hits !!!

the "new" 10 stam hits will take the same amount of XP as the "current" 10 stam hits !!!

I think it is just too obvious why this suggestion would increase PvP activity

after all it will save stam (will be MAX 50 stam instead of MAX 100 stam) & what saves stam leads to more activity, look at the EXAMPLE I gave above with Teleport & Titan Doubler !!!

#19 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 22:27

usually when something gets "cheaper" more players participate

best example I can give you is when Titan Doubler & Teleport were introduced !!! Titan Hunting then became "cheaper" (less stamina & time required for a secure) & it led to UNDOUBTLY more Titan Hunting activity & even brought in NEW players !!!

it was not like there were not any high level players to hunt these titans (before TD & Teleport) BUT because it became "cheaper" for them that they started to hunt EVEN after epics dropped a lot in value !!!

currently the Titan Hunting activity is higher than it was BEFORE TD & Teleport were introduced & back then epics were X times more expensive than they are today !!!

As mentioned, I disagree with almost everything but had to comment on the most egregious portion. Comparing titan hunting becoming "cheaper" resulting in increased activity?

No... CD was the #1 reason activity increased. #2 was Teleport and Titan Doubler but not because it made it cheaper (you have to buy the buffs, no?) but because it made it more tenable... you don't have to chase for several hours anymore. This gave folks with slow bandwidth a fighting chance. This gave those who don't have several consecutive hours of gaming time an opportunity to secure. Ying-Yang... Good and bad... became less of a guild activity and more individual but the main reason was the time saved. not the resources saved :/ Comparing this to making the BB cheaper? Apples and oranges.

#20 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 22:39

And how will that increase activity? 

So now, instead of somebody sitting on the BB, a level "whatever" will take the bounty and clear it faster.

Your evaluation is that instead of having to wait for a level 500 say... now a 3k person who wouldn't pay before will now do it?

That does NOT increase activity whatsoever. It simply makes it cheaper for somebody else to do.

All things said, bad for the game.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: