#1 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 July 2018 - 20:11

Can this upgrade have a reset in a certain time? Maybe every 6 months or a year it resets.

The few times I've used it I didn't know what it was actually meant for, and I just wanted to change my attributes around. A few years later I learned more about it and why it increases. I would still like to see a reset time on it. Or maybe make 2 different upgrades, one for attributes and one for VL reset.

For PvP reasons I like to change my attributes around, so I could get the full benefits of Base Boost buffs(Greater Vigor and Aura of Protection). I understand why VL is connected to Attributes and the reason both have to be reset at the same time. that's something hard to try figuring out but maybe we can come up with few ideas if we put on our thinking caps.

The "Tip" in the attributes would be nice to do but not when the price is at 200+ FSP just to change few stats around.attributes.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• player reset.jpg

sigma_468x60.jpg

#2 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:45

I've never understood why the cost increases each time you use it.  No other upgrade increases each time you use it so why should the total reset cost increase?  The description says the cost increase is to prevent abuse of the upgrade.  Ummm, it's a paid upgrade, just exactly how can that be abused?  Afraid someone might sink too many FSP's?  The cost increase really needs to go away.  Building on Alisa's idea - Perhaps the cows could make resets free on one day each year, say Christmas or FS birthday.  Players must take advantage on that one day or pay the (hopefully non-increasing) cost all other days.

Screenshot everything!

#3 Rsrdaman

Rsrdaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:17

Tbh I think the first reset should be free. Most players dont know what they're doing when the first join, or what they want to do in the future, so level up points are misplaced. When I joined in 2008 I put mine all over the place for my first 100 levels. Really would like to fix that one day.

lYKJQx5.png

Need an avi or signature? Check out my shop: https://tinyurl.com/ydev3o2c

#4 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 13:03

My player reset is 325 dots now.

Fortunately I don't plan to reset again. If I did that would be eye watering for me.

I'd like to see a reduction. :)

#5 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 July 2018 - 19:51

I've never understood why the cost increases each time you use it.  No other upgrade increases each time you use it so why should the total reset cost increase? 

I believe the reason it increases was because of Guild XP. People would delevel and level back up and gain more Guild XP, that's what comes to mind when I see "prevent abuse of upgrade".

Time has passed and this upgrade needs to get looked at and if it could be changed. I don't want to keep paying an increased price each time I want to change my attributes.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#6 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 July 2018 - 20:06

Tbh I think the first reset should be free. Most players dont know what they're doing when the first join, or what they want to do in the future, so level up points are misplaced. When I joined in 2008 I put mine all over the place for my first 100 levels. Really would like to fix that one day.

Yeap that's me! I messed up my attributes when I first started. I misplaced my level up points 3x. >_<

First time using it I didn't know it would reset my buffs because there was already an upgrade for that.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 July 2018 - 21:01

I was about lvl 150 when i found out i was supposed to put everything into damage....  I have never reset because it's just too expensive.  I've just had to get creative with gear with a little help from my friends.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#8 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:25

put everything into damage....

not necessary when you can go "Hulk-mode" with the composed potions now available

giphy.gif

i agree with OPs' request 

Can this upgrade have a reset in a certain time?

Edited by duktayp, 24 July 2018 - 05:08.

#9 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 July 2018 - 19:03

i agree it should be reset and not go up in price for every use of it..

as for people saying they have never reset because its just too expensive, im pretty sure we have had about 3 free resets over the years.. at least 1 character reset and a couple of skill resets

#10 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 July 2018 - 23:34

i agree it should be reset and not go up in price for every use of it..

as for people saying they have never reset because its just too expensive, im pretty sure we have had about 3 free resets over the years.. at least 1 character reset and a couple of skill resets

I had skill reset but I never seen level up points reset O.o

sigma_468x60.jpg

#11 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 16:00

I've played this game over a decade and we have never had a player reset.. it's only ever been for skill points..

#12 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 27 July 2018 - 22:35

so

Edited by activeh1, 09 April 2019 - 10:52.

5aZzW0p.png,

#13 Veisti

Veisti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 13:33

25 FSP as in $5.00 USD per reset.

#14 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:02

25 FSP as in $5.00 USD per reset.

that'd be nice. nowadays I don't see how this upgrade could be abused.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:53

What's the betting the cow response will be ..

"It's functioning as intended and we won't be changing it, sorry"

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:20

The current function of the reset was created to prevent deleveling and releveling but now it doesn't make sense to do that for GXP

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 August 2018 - 16:02

It would be nice to have a partial reset, for one stat.... For instance, reset a single stat, similar to the single skills reset....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#18 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 August 2018 - 19:50

It would be nice to have a partial reset, for one stat.... For instance, reset a single stat, similar to the single skills reset....

Yes! I only use this upgrade just to change my skills around and not delevelling. It needs its own separate upgrade just like the buff reset upgrades.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#19 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2018 - 23:00

I guess a review of this upgrade isn't worth the time and so no input from a developer.

the first upgrade already costs 150fsp so that should be more than enough to stop the "abuse" already.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#20 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 23:25

I definitely agree that that upgrade needs a rework on its cost (ive never used it myself but still).

on top of that, its been a few years, can we have another free skill reset oh bountiful and benevolent cows? XD

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: