8 replies to this topic

#1 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:13

The repeatable training quests (for jewelry crafting and armorsmithing at least) have been resetting for me at 12:00 pm PDT. Tonight though the armorsmithing repeatable also reset at midnight as well. Can't speak for jewelry crafting as I haven't worked on it for at least a couple days.

So still some strangeness going on with the repeatables it seems.

#2 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 July 2013 - 19:08

When the Trainer reset at midnight I went from armorsmithing quest 8 to armorsmithing quest 9. I just logged on to do my daily crafting quest and I noticed the messages in general chat that said both armorsmithing 8 and 9 had reset. So maybe it's just armorsmithing 9 that's resetting oddly. I'll try and remember to check again at midnight tonight.

#3 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:23

It looks like things may just be out of whack across the board. I started working on weaponsmithing this afternoon and did the daily quest. Now, maybe 5 hours later, the repeatable quest has reset. There was no message in general chat when I logged on that it had reset but when I talked to the trainer he gave me another weaponsmithing quest.

I know the reset wasn't related to logging off and on, as I got disconnected several times after doing the daily quest earlier today and the trainer wouldn't give me another quest. This has gotten to be one of the things I check regularly.

I'm wondering if the odd resets have something to do with increasing the level of your crafting skill, but that's just speculation.

#4 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:39

Well, past midnight and none of the repeatable crafting quests I've done have reset again. These apparently random resets are pretty weird.

#5 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:54

All of mine have been resetting every day at around 1:50 p.m. CDT.  I haven't had any issues with any of them for at least 5 days now.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#6 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:26

Okay, so I'm doing some weaponsmithing and as soon as I leveled from 5 to 6 the repeatable quest reset. No text in the general chat window, but I had talked to the trainer right before making the two items that leveled me. Then I talked to him right after and viola, quest was reset

I know this doesn't happen all the time when leveling as I've been checking. Seems unlikely that it was a complete coincidence though. It's also not so simple as leveling giving you access to the next higher repeatable quest causing a reset, as I've had it happen while still giving me the same quest I was doing previously or not resetting when leveling would change the quest. Then there's the random resets with seemingly no link at all.

#7 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge
  • Austria

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:00

That should only happen because you've got a new rep quest at lvl 6 (9, 12, ... , 24)

I didn`t have any issues after the last fix.

~ Be a friendly Founder. Help Newcomers. ~

Char 1: Kyrion - Ranger - lvl 49

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

#8 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:21

Well, that's part of the problem. Maybe it SHOULD happen when you advance to a new repeatable quest, but it doesn't always do so. Sometimes when it does it has a very long delay in doing so.

If it's officially supposed to reset whenever you advance to a new repeatable that would be good to know so that I can leave that aspect out of my observations. Was it stated in an update post or something?

#9 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge
  • Austria

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:10

I haven't seen this discussed before, but for me it's just logical.

It's not the trainer, it's the quest to be resetted. If you haven't done the quest before, you are able to do it.

That has worked for me proper without any delay for each quest-step I levelled.

What still puzzles me, is that you've got the same old quest again and the randomness you've mentioned.

~ Be a friendly Founder. Help Newcomers. ~

Char 1: Kyrion - Ranger - lvl 49

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: