4 replies to this topic

#1 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:50

OK.  TA just made crafting to 45 that much easier and faster.  And yet crafting is still completely worthless and boring.  I wanted to level Forestry side by side with WS, but even if I did bulk craft for faster/less exp, forestry already at 29... WS still at 23 >.<

Levelling the craft skill doesn't give anything aside from new items unlocked.  You don't gain more skins with higher skinning, you don't get less diseased crops with higher farming, etc.  

Furthermore, I've been making the same item since level 18 WS... And I'm already 23 WS.  I remember making level 34 boots for Leatherworking at 44,.. because it had the best gold gain after cost, and best exp gain/leather used.  Why is there nothing that have better exp gain as you level?  Is there even a reason that level 23 items have LESS exp/item gain than a level 18 item?  It's too op don't want more of it made or shit?  It's not even like other games where crafted gear has chance of random stats appearing, so making 1 billion level 38 boots over 1 billion level 34 boots shouldn't matter, there is zero chance you will actually make something usable.  Want people who want to be efficient to make 1 item from 18->32? 1 item from 34->48?  

And if you're not a sub, you're actually LOSING money crafting.  People keep going on and on about making money levelling crafting, but that is just an assumption, and wrong.  You get more gold selling your foraged stuff straight to the vendor.  Which means no matter what you craft, you are losing money you could have made just npcing the logs/coal/ores/etc.  

I give up on crafting.  It's not that I can't do it.  But it is a complete and utter waste of time.  And for what purpose?  At 45, I still craft garbage.  

#2 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:53

And I forgot about The Golden Tankard too.  A mod said that it was supposed to be removed couple months ago, yet it is still there.  It really is unfair to those who levelled their cooking.  

#3 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:43

Jewelcrafting does have end game items.  But it doesn't change your point.  Crafting makes leveling a bit easier if you keep the craft level up with your character level.  But this can cause a player to level too quickly if they enjoy quests at level.

If a player gathers the mats, then 2-3 crafters per server take care of all the needs.

Dailies are important for artisan points, but the gathering dailies are easier then crafting, and earn plenty of AP.

There have been threads discussing improvements for crafting.  I hope they get consideration as soon as immediate priorities are implemented.

And I forgot about The Golden Tankard too.  A mod said that it was supposed to be removed couple months ago, yet it is still there.  It really is unfair to those who levelled their cooking.  

I've leveled my cooking, and almost never use it.  The dailies are too time consuming for just AP, and it's easier to just buy my buff food.  The only time I've recently used it was making roly-poly for someone else.  There was a recent thread regarding improving this profession.

Edited by Irradiated, 23 June 2014 - 11:45.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#4 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:26

We're probably going to be looking in adding a system for upgrading armor pieces with the crafting system in the future, its been discussed and looked at internally :)

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#5 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 14:34

I think that would go with the ascended sets?

And for that you'd have to grind out more to obtain some rems from it or something that are added as rare drops + insane amount of flakes which again only crafters will profit from.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: