12 replies to this topic

#1 Daconian

Daconian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 22:01

So ive been comparing the rp items to regular titan items and quest epics

why is it that rp items which are by far the hardest and take the most time to get having some of the lowest stats???

like for instance blueman of war sword which is a lvl 400 item and rp is getting trumped by elemental earth hammer which is not only one of the easiest epics to obtain its also 100 lvls lower than it???

im jsut saying perhaps rp items should be revamped?? maybe they should have mroe stam ain that a regular epic or better stats they are quite possibly the items that take the most work out of anything else in the game to obtain.

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 22:12

So ive been comparing the rp items to regular titan items and quest epics

why is it that rp items which are by far the hardest and take the most time to get having some of the lowest stats???

like for instance blueman of war sword which is a lvl 400 item and rp is getting trumped by elemental earth hammer which is not only one of the easiest epics to obtain its also 100 lvls lower than it???

im jsut saying perhaps rp items should be revamped?? maybe they should have mroe stam ain that a regular epic or better stats they are quite possibly the items that take the most work out of anything else in the game to obtain.

Because they are outdated...They were mighty powerful in their prime. Unfortunately that is years in the past. They are still well powerful for their level. The blue man of war sword is just treated as a vanity item. It looks cool...

Edited by EpicPiety, 01 February 2016 - 22:18.

#3 Daconian

Daconian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 00:24

i suppose but still think that these are things that should be fixed :/ whats the point of a vanity epic when there aren't enough players to care???

Edited by Daconian, 02 February 2016 - 00:25.

#4 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 00:52

i suppose but still think that these are things that should be fixed :/ whats the point of a vanity epic when there aren't enough players to care???

Epics are fine how they are... Things get outdated it's natural. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 02 February 2016 - 00:52.

#5 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:08

Power creep.

Look at poor Tarbidas.

Edited by SirAdmiral, 02 February 2016 - 02:09.

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:24

Power creep.

Look at poor Tarbidas.

One of my guildmates payed near 2-3k for that set...forgot how much awhile ago lol.

#7 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 13:43

As for the OP, I agree there are items that need to be adjusted somehow... but not so much the Epics. The main selling point for them is the stam gain and bonus stamina. Plus you can EH 100 with just a single item.

Having said that, the level 100-200 Epics are ridiculously all around with the exception of the Ward and Krumpers.

#8 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2016 - 14:26

The whole game needs a rebalance. I've been saying this for years. 

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 16:30

The root of all problems was HCS handouts to do with epics. Back in the day they were truly epic and a luxury to say the least. Now that they are treated as regular items that are totally inexpensive the whole system came down unfortunately. Scroll through a dozen bios...I Bet at least 10 of them have 3-5 of their own epics now.

Edited by EpicPiety, 02 February 2016 - 16:31.

#10 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:14

So this topic (along with yet another "profit" question in my log, ho-hum) made me really "think". 

I think the "best" answer for a general response to what tends to get repeated and asked over and over and was by EP: it got "outdated". 

To be a bit nit-picky, the stats on the Blue Sword are not "necessarily" worse. Keep in mind that the attack is better and max stam component is better. You also have three additional enhancements. 

And again, though perhaps a wee bit off-topic, I'd remind people that Epic is not something that has to do with supply but what is required as a feat to get them. Some of those feats have become "easier"... to a degree. Such is evolution.

Other RP items:

But to get back to other RP stuff: I always thought the Bladed War Gauntlets were pretty cool. I never bothered to get them, but hey. I just did a search for Epic gloves from levels 300 to 1,000. I think they still stand out. But that is completely subjective depending on the game aspect/stats you are most interested in. 

Along the same lines, Vine Tendrils also seem to still go for a lot of FSP and that's what I would spend my RP on, personally. That's because of my personal preferences and my thoughts could easily also be outdated, lol.

GvG:

First, I think you'd have to remember that RP has a lot "possible" uses. Some of which have also become "outdated". A lot of guilds used them to buy the buffs. I still see a variety of guilds doing that. You might also think that the RP items (plus what they could make) are unbound and the ingredients go for what might be considered to be an "interesting" amount of FSP. Personally, just last week I was contacted to see if I was interested in selling RP items. I said "no". 

Conclusion:

Mostly I disagree with your assertion that GvG items are "by the far the hardest and take the most time to get".

According to my calc, I could start 13 conflicts for 100 hits for less than 17 FSP. Assuming my Guild lost or only managed a draw on every single one of them, then as long as we did the full number of attacks, we would have enough RP to purchase Bobanarts. In my book, that's not that hard. 

Like most things to consider in FS, there are a lot of options. There is also work involved. But hard? I don't think so. And, as usual, if it is not worth it to you, don't do it.  I am quite sure there are players and guilds out there that do find it worthwhile.... for whatever reason.

#11 Daconian

Daconian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:40

So this topic (along with yet another "profit" question in my log, ho-hum) made me really "think". 

I think the "best" answer for a general response to what tends to get repeated and asked over and over and was by EP: it got "outdated". 

To be a bit nit-picky, the stats on the Blue Sword are not "necessarily" worse. Keep in mind that the attack is better and max stam component is better. You also have three additional enhancements. 

And again, though perhaps a wee bit off-topic, I'd remind people that Epic is not something that has to do with supply but what is required as a feat to get them. Some of those feats have become "easier"... to a degree. Such is evolution.

Other RP items:

But to get back to other RP stuff: I always thought the Bladed War Gauntlets were pretty cool. I never bothered to get them, but hey. I just did a search for Epic gloves from levels 300 to 1,000. I think they still stand out. But that is completely subjective depending on the game aspect/stats you are most interested in. 

Along the same lines, Vine Tendrils also seem to still go for a lot of FSP and that's what I would spend my RP on, personally. That's because of my personal preferences and my thoughts could easily also be outdated, lol.

GvG:

First, I think you'd have to remember that RP has a lot "possible" uses. Some of which have also become "outdated". A lot of guilds used them to buy the buffs. I still see a variety of guilds doing that. You might also think that the RP items (plus what they could make) are unbound and the ingredients go for what might be considered to be an "interesting" amount of FSP. Personally, just last week I was contacted to see if I was interested in selling RP items. I said "no". 

Conclusion:

Mostly I disagree with your assertion that GvG items are "by the far the hardest and take the most time to get".

According to my calc, I could start 13 conflicts for 100 hits for less than 17 FSP. Assuming my Guild lost or only managed a draw on every single one of them, then as long as we did the full number of attacks, we would have enough RP to purchase Bobanarts. In my book, that's not that hard. 

Like most things to consider in FS, there are a lot of options. There is also work involved. But hard? I don't think so. And, as usual, if it is not worth it to you, don't do it.  I am quite sure there are players and guilds out there that do find it worthwhile.... for whatever reason.

there is so many thin wrong with this post anyways  bigest hit id like to point out to you its not like the old days every conflit you initiate nowadays you need 2 players at min to do em and if you dont have 2 players oh well you are out of luck also there are so many guild with people that are to inactive to participate that would be the only players you could hit in the guild im jsut sayin either they need to revamp the rp items or they need to revamp how we do gvg

Edited by BigGrim, 04 February 2016 - 10:50.
No swearing please.

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 13:25

Why fix what's not broken? That's always a problem hcs runs into. No need to "fix" gvg it's working fine...epics are well in demand from gvg and supply is low... PERFECT... They did gvg epics the best. They are well strong and are only really used for Stam gain anyways. They will only ever be anyways because of Coa.

#13 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 16:50

I think a new buff could create some excitment over the game, something like this:

(btw, this is JUST AN EXAMPLE):

Single Force:
+0,01% per point added to attack and damage for each piece of equipped gear that's not part of a set.
(Would be 31,5% bonus with a Single Force 350 and 9 pieces of gear not part of any set)

I don't know if the numbers are right or how that would work for each range, but I think that could create a new challenge for us, to balance CoA x Single Force, of course, SH, KE, AB and SW would make a huge difference, but if HCS decide to give value to non-set items, that could be a way to start it, and bring a new light into the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: