118 replies to this topic

#61 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 16 November 2016 - 17:59

Doom's revenge idea is actually good, and like most have said, revenge should disallow placing bounty on attacker and revenger. I think I even might hit back just to prove level only player can do PvP. Like Melissa said: 

If you  want levellers to embrace pvp LETS MAKE IT FAIR .

On mzz's wish list ... #9 seems fair to me. And I am against #10, I rather haver bacon and beer :)

... seems like I some how managed to make double post, BG can remove the previous one as it had quote messed up.

Edited by donalde, 16 November 2016 - 18:02.

#62 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:00

Leads me to think of the possibility of multi accounts, amongst other negative thoughts.

Have you reported such things?

#63 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:08

The revenge hit is silly. But okay, let's talk about it. 

A)  Is the revenge hit going to be tied to how much stam the original hitter used? If I hit someone with a 10 stam for a daily, is it fair for them to get a 100 stam revenge hit without any consequences?  The levelers would think so. 

B)  Is the revenge hit going to take double the xp like the bounty would? Or again, is it a free hit for a player without consequence?  If I face consequences for hitting you,  you should face the same risk.  But that wouldn't be fair, would it?

C)  Is the revenge hit a guaranteed win? Or would the player have to buff up, check out the persons gear, and make an effort to win? Because guess what, you ALREADY have the ability to hit back. Or is this just another way to have hcs do the work for players because some are afraid to get slapped in a computer game?

PvP requires risk.  PvP requires participation. These suggestions are just ways to figure out how to make hcs do the job for you.  You want revenge? Step up and take it without waiting for someone to keep you safe. There is NO safety in pvp, for either side. 

#64 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:22

I repeat "I was hit even though i carried no gold and had protection.  I probably  spent  about 100 fsp on bounties and this player only  lost 12 levels."

If I was to hit  back I am guaranteed to lose 5 levels for one 10 stam hit.

A hit for a hit.   If you hit me I should have the right  to hit you back with no consequences as you are  the initator.

Whats not fair about  that !

#65 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:24

These kind of suggestions continue to amaze and amuse me. The game mechanics revolve around buffs and you want to change that? I vote NO! There are so many buffs available now that specifically help the defender and some are nearly "win button" buffs. When you consider how game changing fumble, high guard, golden shield, dispel curse, invert, fist fight, smite, and sealed are to a defenders role, then perhaps you would understand that defending against attacks are easy! I know some of those buffs are useful for attacking as well but you can't rely on them to activate to win. Sounds to me like you want to win without actually defending in the game style of pvp. This doesn't even consider the fact that any player can buy pvp protection or lock their XP at anytime for a relatively cheap fee.

It appears you have put a lot of time and thought process into your suggestion and I commend that. However, I completely disagree with any of the changes you've suggested.

#66 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:24

The revenge hit is silly. But okay, let's talk about it. 

A)  Is the revenge hit going to be tied to how much stam the original hitter used? If I hit someone with a 10 stam for a daily, is it fair for them to get a 100 stam revenge hit without any consequences?  The levelers would think so. 

B)  Is the revenge hit going to take double the xp like the bounty would? Or again, is it a free hit for a player without consequence?  If I face consequences for hitting you,  you should face the same risk.  But that wouldn't be fair, would it?

C)  Is the revenge hit a guaranteed win? Or would the player have to buff up, check out the persons gear, and make an effort to win? Because guess what, you ALREADY have the ability to hit back. Or is this just another way to have hcs do the work for players because some are afraid to get slapped in a computer game?

PvP requires risk.  PvP requires participation. These suggestions are just ways to figure out how to make hcs do the job for you.  You want revenge? Step up and take it without waiting for someone to keep you safe. There is NO safety in pvp, for either side. 

a) I think it should be tied to stam used on attack, else it wouldn't be fair. 

B) consequence is that you get hit back, I think double xp loss would be bad. but maybe you should loose gained prestige if player doing revenge wins?

c) no, no win button there. on revenge player should buff up, check gear and make effort. or is player is too lazy to do that, put bounty. Hitting back on certain players / guilds has been already discussed on this thread.

I think revenge could make PvP more for fair to levelers, and actually also for PvP'rs as they would loose 5 in BB? 

#67 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:25

1. I'd like the ladder to be removed, and all hits (with the exception of the BB and GvG) to count towards it.

I love this idea! It was the ladder that drove me away from PvP to start with.

2. I'd like pvp protection to be removed. 

This too.

3. I would like ALL 100 stams in the game, not just ladder and BB hits, to count towards smasher medal.

4. I'd like every single hit in the game, including ladder, to be bountyable.

It would help the BB I believe.

5. I'd like the amount of levels you can take on the BB to be increased to 10+.

Wasn't this the case at one time? seems like I read about it, but it was before I started playing if it was.

6. I'd like MasterThief to kick in 20%+ of the times.

kk, let's not get TOO greedy! lol

7. I'd like Gloat to work FAR better.

8. I'd like Deflect to be completely removed from the game.

Maybe deflect works a little too well, but completely gone? 

9. I'd like prestige to be based on stamina used, so you get less if you 10 stam, and more for a 100 stam hit.

maybe on the BB?

10. I'd like a cappuccino and a grilled vegetable/goat cheese sandwish.

Make my cappuccino French vanilla please! With grilled cheese topped with a slice of tomato! yum, yum!  :) 

#68 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:26

I repeat "I was hit even though i carried no gold and had protection.  I probably  spent  about 100 fsp on bounties and this player only  lost 12 levels."

A hit for a hit.   If you hit me I should have the right  to hit you back with no consequences as you are  the initator.

So you were hit in PvP and since you had no gold and pvp protection, you lost absolutely nothing! And you're complaining? I cannot understand why.

#69 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:29

you dont have friends or guild mates to hit on a bounty for you?  so because you lack these atributes in game because of choices you made others should have to sacrifice?   this is not about you its about don's post get back on topic please

Edited by Necra, 16 November 2016 - 18:30.

#70 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:30

So you were hit in PvP and since you had no gold and pvp protection, you lost absolutely nothing! And you're complaining? I cannot understand why.

There are many reasons why.

Why should i be subjected to constant hits.

What about my  gear repair costs?

What about the buffs that were stolen?

I needed to change my game play to not  carry any gold.

Dont tell me i lost absolutely nothing because you are wrong.  What I mainly lost was my RIGHT  to play the game my way !

#71 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:33

you dont have friends or guild mates to hit on a bounty for you?  so because you lack these atributes in game because of choices you made others should have to sacrifice?   this is not about you its about don's post get back on topic please

This is not about me or my friends not wanting to  lose a guaranteed 5 levels if we hit back.

I am writing in  support of Dooms suggestion.

One free revenge hit for a hit on me.   Fair suggestion.

#72 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:34

These kind of suggestions continue to amaze and amuse me. The game mechanics revolve around buffs and you want to change that? I vote NO! There are so many buffs available now that specifically help the defender and some are nearly "win button" buffs. When you consider how game changing fumble, high guard, golden shield, dispel curse, invert, fist fight, smite, and sealed are to a defenders role, then perhaps you would understand that defending against attacks are easy! I know some of those buffs are useful for attacking as well but you can't rely on them to activate to win. Sounds to me like you want to win without actually defending in the game style of pvp. This doesn't even consider the fact that any player can buy pvp protection or lock their XP at anytime for a relatively cheap fee.

It appears you have put a lot of time and thought process into your suggestion and I commend that. However, I completely disagree with any of the changes you've suggested.

Buffing up doesn't work on random attacks, as attacker can decide when to attack. Keeping buffs in such level that it will dis-encourages all attacks would take like 60 or 70% of daily stamina gain, and it would also require putting alarm every 2h to rebuff myself. So, not an valid option. Maybe you just like hitting other so much that you don't want to give them any chance, for example revenge? xp lock and pvp protection don't help against random attacks, nor gold theft. 

Like said multiple times in this topic, I don't want win button (pvp'rs already have that), but to have fighting chance against attacker. Once BB did the trick, but not any more.

#73 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:39

what do ppl expect to happen when they make enemies, verbally violate/assault/bully  (yes i said verbally bully) you make enimies in game against a pvp'r they gunna hit you. i have even know levelers to start pvp because they were verbally bullied and insulted..   and now u want a retaliation button?   i vote NO    remove all pvt messaging and all can see the verbal assault pvp'rs have gotten in pms.       making enimies and fighing with them no you dont get a retaliate button   straight up pvp retaliate button   who's gunna regulate the abusers for taking advantage of this retaliate feature?    my spelling is bad IDC to mad at ppl trying to take advantage of situations for their own benefit because of their actions rather than the greater good

Edited by Necra, 16 November 2016 - 18:47.

#74 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:41

I repeat "I was hit even though i carried no gold and had protection. I probably spent about 100 fsp on bounties and this player only lost 12 levels."

If I was to hit back I am guaranteed to lose 5 levels for one 10 stam hit.

A hit for a hit. If you hit me I should have the right to hit you back with no consequences as you are the initator.

Whats not fair about that !

Hire a merc ;-p

#75 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:47

This is not about me or my friends not wanting to  lose a guaranteed 5 levels if we hit back.

I am writing in  support of Dooms suggestion.

One free revenge hit for a hit on me.   Fair suggestion.

What you want is risk free pvp and I hope that NEVER happens.  One hit one bounty was already given to players by the cows which destroyed the beauty of hourly hits. Had you not made a messy bed, you would not have to lie it.

#76 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 November 2016 - 18:49

Okay, two things.

1. Stay on topic!

2. Keep things civil please. 

~ Grim

#77 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 19:04

You are not 'guaranteed' the loss of 5 levels.  You have to go up against people willing to get their hands dirty.  The effort to remove 5 levels off an eoc player who is potted up with every composed pot is not easy.  We can and do, but few others will.

A hit for a hit?  If I run the risk of consequences for said 'hit',  so should you!  Or you can use another way to get revenge that doesn't put you at risk.  There are already enough of those ways to keep you safe.  What you want is a free hit without consequences.  That's not good for the game.  It's not good for pvp. It wouldn't 'improve' pvp in the game. It would just limit the abilities of those who play at the pvp game.  You can't keep tying our hands with more and more restrictions and call it progress. 

#78 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 19:16

I dont want a free hit without consequences.  What I want is to be left alone.

But if you choose to hit  me  then I  should have the right to hit you back without  your buddies  taking 5  levels from me.

If you instigate a hit then you  shouldnt have the right  to take 5 levels from me if i hit you back.

Simple idea but very  fair.

#79 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 19:16

So if implimented to make things "fair" the revenge hit option should also eliminate the need for PvP protection, and exp lock. Only then will it be truly fair.

#80 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 19:21

I am just asking how defender could have chance to defend without being buffed all the time. 

if it's revenge you're after, the seasons update was the perfect thing:

Automatic bounty for each hit. Put some extra gold on that bounty and the attacker lost 2 levels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: