118 replies to this topic

#101 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:57

As I don't support PvP, it is natural to try to make it harder to happen. You do the same for you opposing point of view, right?

at least ur honest in ur maliciousness  so many things wrong with this type of attitude. i dont even want to comment as it would be an ugly response to ugly intentions but its only to blame the lack of knowledge and experience (assuming its  due to the lack of assistance ) in the subject at hand. 

#102 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:42

Just my 2 cents - I'd rather see the current system stay the way it is versus the change. I appreciate the time that the OP had spent, but I'm personally not a fan of the idea. As stated by others, there are ways to lower your chances of being hit. Soemone has to be a defender for the creatures, right? :)

I won't like that I don't mind the idea of a retaliate ability (within an hour of logging into your messages maybe). Retaliate would let you know the stamina used against you and take 1.5x XP of the hit against you, but would not allow either party to bounty at that time.

I still don't have an issue bringing back the auto-bounty for PVP attacks - randomly chosen. 

#103 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:49

A lot in here so I will only comment on one thing. OP and some others claim that pvp, especially gold hits, are automatic wins for the attacker. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am a very experienced gold hitter, I even have pvp sets designed just for gold hits but it is still far from automatic. To claim otherwise shows a complete lack of experience in pvp. With all the high level pots available to levelers, there is no way I can get the stats needed to safely make a gold hit. First strike, last ditch and several other buffs means a gold hit is a straight out crapshoot AND it's not uncommon to to get bounties for a loss. Just the cost of doing business for me but pvp is never automatic so if you want to be taken seriously, get your facts straight and stop whining because you got your feelings hurt.

Screenshot everything!

#104 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:33

ive never been a pvper, said no to a number of pvp things, stood up for its existence, played and dabbled a little, ive never overly thought the bully side of it which is not my business or concern was that great, i think if i simply speak nicely then this idea would need major simplifying tho it does not seem like it would be anything other than a dueling system which could be set to a timer for both to be ready that is about the only way i see this working which would then limit and slow pvp, without overcomplicating it for non nessessary reasons in mine and anyone who can see a bigger pictures idea, yep that got a little unnice tho i have to speak somewhat clearly, a dueling system with simpler read would be a good topic to restart :-)

#105 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:28

at least ur honest in ur maliciousness  so many things wrong with this type of attitude. i dont even want to comment as it would be an ugly response to ugly intentions but its only to blame the lack of knowledge and experience (assuming its  due to the lack of assistance ) in the subject at hand. 

You got to be kidding, right? Maliciousness? Really? This I should not comment, not because it would be ugly, but because... well, let it go.

Thanks, Cucullainn for the link provided. I didn't read the entire post, just the tutorial written by Chazz224. Seems great. I don't like PvP by principle, I mean, I prefer the Arena idea because two parties agreed.

Hey, Kittles, funny the idea of defending creatures. Interesting point of view!

dilbert-input.png?resize=538%2C241

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#106 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:42

Okay, two things.

1. Stay on topic!

2. Keep things civil please. 

~ Grim

#107 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:17

Everyone is a pvper ,If you choose to avoid this part of the game why should those who play all of the game be penalised?

You currently have equal opportunity To delevel others, you currently have equal opportunity to  play all of the game. It is yours and your friends choice not too because  those "horrible" pvpers will get soft clears  as a RESULT OF YOUR CHOICES and you Will lose 5 again as a RESULT OF YOUR OWN DECISIONS. 

Nothing in this is about pvpers it is all about  what you do.

#108 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:22

Stay on topic. Discuss the suggestions. Not why PvP occurs.

#109 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 13:36

I really dislike PvP, but as many said before, it is part of the game. Even when I am hit I just let it go. But I am always trying to avoid to be a target. Sometimes is very difficult because I cannot play 24/7 and I earn money by selling something, thus, eventually I have more than I want in hand.

Even so, I would like to suggest something as PvP is unwanted by many (don't know how many). Every time I got hit I realized people hitting me always use all or most gears from the guilds. As PvP is person versus person maybe it can only be done using gears you own. Also using buff and potions of your own.

I think this is not so hard to implement and will be good for the economy of the game.

When someone hits me, I don't care about the money as I always can make more. My problem is XP lost.

Cheers!

Hi MSCruz :)

I understand it's something that really isn't "your cup of tea"... it didn't use to be mine either, till almost 2 years after I started playing FS. Once I tried it, I loved it though, so maybe you will too one day. That being said, I just wanted to answer a couple of things in your post:

You said you have noticed that pvpers always use guild gear to hit. I am not sure who has hit you, but most pvpers have their own pvp-gear, this is because we like to be able to swap gear fast when needed. I have around 250 gear pieces myself. There's nothing wrong with using guild tagged gear for pvp I guess, but yeah, most don't. Usually it's non-pvpers that just dabble a bit in pvp that use guild gear I'd guess.

Also, if the gold loss isn't what bothers you, but the xp loss, you might wanna check out the pvp protection in the upgrades section. PvP protcxtion makes you lose NO xp when hit, and it lasts as long as you bought it for, unless you hit someone. 

Then there's xp lock, which only protects the xp to the exact xp you were at when you bought it, but that one lasts forever, at that exact level, so if you level up, you leave the xp lock behind... but if you get bak to that level at some point, it's still there.

Hope that helps you a bit :) 

og3DxyP.gif

#110 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 13:43

PvP protection keeps me at the level I am, if it goes away, I'm out.  It is after all the only reason that I keep climbing into new zones which is the only reason I play this game.

.... which is why I didn't suggest it.... i's on my wishlist, but I know a lot of people would run for the hills if it was implemented :)

The reason I posted the wishlist is merely that I wanted to show how far apart my view is fro the thread starter's on this. He asked for feedback on how to tweak his idea so it would fit pvpers too, but I can't even fathom playing a game where pvp is that safe.  It would just bore me to sleep and not make me wanna log in anymore.

I think pvp is broken, but it is balanced between the way non-pvpers want it and the way pvpers want it. It can never get "un-broken", since it would break that balance.

og3DxyP.gif

#111 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 17:50

But this is different, right? I am assuming the risk and also only when I try to hit the creature. It is something planned. PvP is not planned at all. I am playing and suddenly...got hit by someone I am not even fighting against. When I hit some creature I know what can happen, so I use SSI to avoid death. I mean, creatures don't do PvP.

Now that would an interesting addition to the game. What if creatures decided they finally had enough of being killed and decided to start attacking players! I mean when you really think about it, we like to make these creatures out to be the "bad guys" but really they're just chilling out in their appropriate realms, never leaving, and here we come barreling through their lands and wipe them out! That's on the level of genocide! Perhaps a global event where players have to defend themselves from attacking creatures who want some revenge!! :D

#112 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 November 2016 - 18:31

Now that would an interesting addition to the game. What if creatures decided they finally had enough of being killed and decided to start attacking players! I mean when you really think about it, we like to make these creatures out to be the "bad guys" but really they're just chilling out in their appropriate realms, never leaving, and here we come barreling through their lands and wipe them out! That's on the level of genocide! Perhaps a global event where players have to defend themselves from attacking creatures who want some revenge!! :D

Yep, they're just minding their own business, doing what they do, supporting their families....
And we come barreling in, making widows and orphans, never with a by your leave.

I've always thought it would be interesting if beasties had enhancements similar to Last Ditch or Deflect, just to shake things up and make it more challenging to those big dogs at EoC *ducks*

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#113 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 18:39

Like the idea. Put all of this to the real world and we have a lot to think about war, terrorism and other nonsenses. Today I was thinking about being attacked by creatures just like when I am attacked by players. I do support the idea. :D

dilbert-input.png?resize=538%2C241

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#114 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 19:53

if it's revenge you're after, the seasons update was the perfect thing:

Automatic bounty for each hit. Put some extra gold on that bounty and the attacker lost 2 levels

unfortunately, when the seasons update was released it had some bugs in it; as some updates in this game do when they are first released

a poll was created asking if the new update should be made permanent, with the only options being yes or no

since there was not an option of "yes, but fix the bugs please", a number of players negatively affected by the bugs just voted no

if the option was included; worded something like "yes, with some tweaks", i believe the seasons update would have survived, making threads like this unnecessary

#115 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 22:52

To start with, when game was young, PvP attack against player was not guaranteed win as it is nowadays.

[disclaimer, I am talking about "random" PvP attacks, or attacks to steal gold, thus excluding 'professional' PvP, ladder and BB where attacking player is more or less buffed constantly.]

you already said it yourslelf:

what changed from back then to now???? are mainly 2 things:

gear (but with +/- 10 level difference almost the same setup for everyone in that range)

that leaves SKILLS !!!!

I will give you a hint, it starts with C & speaking of it negatively is taboo, may get labeled as "off topic" & even get the post removed or worse the topic locked !!! :( (just PM me in-game if you still do not know what it stands for ;))

about your suggestions:

I can see that you put much thought into it BUT it is also evident that you simply came up with it to the advantage of the NON-PvPers / (pure) levelers & disregarded the PvPers !!!

not only will it decrease PvP activity BUT also has some flaws

when coming up with a suggestion try to "treat both sides equally" meaning that if you take 1 thing from one side then you have to give them something in return !!!

as previously said you are making it "safe" for the NON-PvPers / (pure) levelers & making it more difficult for the PvPers putting them more at a disadvantage which will obviously lead to less PvP activity !!!!

if you still can not understand what I mean then maybe this EXAMPLE might help:

-) PvPer suggests that ALL players (regardless of being a PvPer, leveler, ......) will randomly get on the Bounty Board !!! this will definitely lead to an increased PvP activity !!!

from a PvPers point of view this would be great, BUT from a NON-PvPers / (pure) levelers point of view this would be a nightmare !!!

in this EXAMPLE you can see that it favours the PvPers + takes one thing from the NON-PvPers / (pure) levelers without giving them something in return !!!

in general: usually suggestions that do not consider both sides equally are bound to fail (best EXAMPLE are the updates done to PvP over the years)

as for "revenge hit" (enough reasons were given in several topics against it) & seasons (LOL, only thing I miss about it are the 2 medals I can not get anymore), I believe they are off-topic & would be rude of me to "hijack" the OPs threat to go into detail about them !!!

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#116 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 23:01

unfortunately, when the seasons update was released it had some bugs in it; as some updates in this game do when they are first released

a poll was created asking if the new update should be made permanent, with the only options being yes or no

since there was not an option of "yes, but fix the bugs please", a number of players negatively affected by the bugs just voted no

if the option was included; worded something like "yes, with some tweaks", i believe the seasons update would have survived, making threads like this unnecessary

23 July 2015 was the worst day Ever in the History of FS! Many players woke up that morning to find out that they had been deleveled. Many many levels by players Hundreds of Levels higher than them. It took a while before it was fixed. So many players were insulted b what the Cows had unleashed. Some people were trying to take advantage of the situation. Finally those who got online after the fix who had lost so many levels. Had to take screenshots of their Logs in order for their Characters to be restored to their correct levels. It was at that time the Seasons were started. There was a lot of heated discussion in the forums. A thread was started about PvP changes. No matter how it was worded in the Cows description. The majority of the players voted No! Simply because they (the players) were so very disappointed as to the carelessness and total disregard by the Cows, who initiated such a devastating an unsuspecting game mechanic. If they had not been so quick to fix their mistake. I feel it would have led to dire consequences for FS. It is simply for these reasons and feelings that many players voted No

#117 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 23:21

^ Personally, I was more annoyed that they removed XP loss entirely from PvP Seasons hits as it meant I was unable to do onto others as they had done onto me.

In fact, I'm still annoyed about it. Really annoyed, oh so annoyed. Like a thing that is very, very annoyed I am.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 17 November 2016 - 23:24.

#118 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 23:43

23 July 2015 was the worst day Ever in the History of FS! Many players woke up that morning to find out that they had been deleveled. Many many levels by players Hundreds of Levels higher than them. It took a while before it was fixed.

exactly - seasons was not given a chance after that failed introduction

#119 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 23:46

exactly - seasons was not given a chance after that failed introduction

Aye, unfortunately they went from one extreme to another.

Cheers.

wil72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: