• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:38

Hei Chazz224, great post. I just have one question because I really do not understand what it means.

It is about "##.#% chance per point ". Is it about chance percentage or points percentage? I really do not use buffers like that because seems to me that sometimes the points will be added and sometimes will not. As the percentage is very slow, seems to be a waste of money.

Thanks!!!

dilbert-input.png?resize=538%2C241

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#22 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 April 2014 - 16:01

it means if it has a .01% chance per point then you take that and multiply it by the lvl of the buff....

.10%x175=17.5% chance  

.10x150= 15% chance

.10x125=12.%

its really basic math

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#23 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:01

Great Post Chazz hopefully it breathes life into this part of the game.

#24 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:50

it means if it has a .01% chance per point then you take that and multiply it by the lvl of the buff....

its really basic math

I do know how to do the math. I just did not know what I would really get. 

So, by your explanation I assume I am right. Those buffers are not so good, if it is just "chance" what I will get.

In the case you pointed out (0.01%), respectively  there are: 1.75% of chance, 1.50% of chance and 1.25% of chance. The cost benefit is extremely low.

So, the explanation of Savagery, for example, is not correct, isn't it?

Savagery: 0.05% chance per point that your defense stat is added to your attack and your armor stat is added to your damage. - This Buff at level 175 Copies 8.75% of your Defense Stat & Pastes it into your Attack Stat - also Copies 8.75% of your characters Armor Stat and Pastes it into your Damage Stat.

The correct would be: "This buff at level 175 gives you a chance of 8.75% that your Defense and Attack stats will be added to your Armor and Damage stats, respectively".

Am I right?

Edited by MSCruz, 14 April 2014 - 04:52.

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#25 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 April 2014 - 13:45

Correct its a 8.75% chance to transfer def/arm to att/damage

#26 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 16:48

Correct its a 8.75% chance to transfer def/arm to att/damage

it doesnt transfer stats. that would mean you lose the stats of armor/defense if savagery activates. ADD means the stats are moved but the defense/armor stats stay as well. a nice little chance to get a good bonus depending on setup.

TRANSFER and ADD are the key terms that tell you how stats move around for certain buffs

#27 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 April 2014 - 20:36

sorry you are correct jedi...I missed that...ADD and TRANSFER are two seperate ways buffs work.

Transfer reduces 1 stat(or multiple) to increase another stat

Add simply add's the amount of 1 stat to another without the reduction

#28 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:56

First, I have to thank you all for the responses.

a nice little chance to get a good bonus depending on setup.

Hi, RebornJedi. Can you explain a little bit more about "depending on setup", please? A quick look at the percentage makes me wonder if buffers like this can be useful. In this case (Savagery), I can only see it sometimes saves stamina. Is anything else?

#29 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:26

Savagery can work with Overkill for example, and give you more XP.

The way of thinking is:
- Shatter Armor has 8,75% chance of reduce armor 75%
- Wither has 35% chance of reduce 50% HP
- Spectral Knight has 17,5% chance of reduce 100% armor
- Savagery has 8,75% chance of...you know.
(buffs lvl 175 based)

And a lot more of that kind, all those chances together makes very rare to see none buffs activating.

[SK is a PvE buff, just using as an example]

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 15 April 2014 - 08:28.

#30 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 14:35

Hi, RebornJedi. Can you explain a little bit more about "depending on setup", please? A quick look at the percentage makes me wonder if buffers like this can be useful. In this case (Savagery), I can only see it sometimes saves stamina. Is anything else?

well you need stats in defense or armor for it to be useful.. if you are looking for bonus damage youll need some armor. same with defense > attack.. if you are wearing a high attack/armor setup and it kicks in, now you have a high attack/armor/damage setup for that combat.

if you hunt with a suicide or defense setup and have plenty of attack, savagery is gonna be useless.. BUT since this is a PVP thread just look at your pvp ladder. imagine what their stats will do if savagery kicks in if you attacked. thatll be a bad surprise for you if you thought you had enough armor or defense to 'safely' hit them. savagery is a great buff that can move around a lot of stats.

#31 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 April 2014 - 17:23

This has been needed for so long!!!!  I have a barebones  version of this in my notebook, but this one is ever so much clearer.  If this had been available 5 years ago, I might even have gotten into pvp.

By all means Grim, get it out there where it's super available, I think this is the single best example of a tutorial in the game. (and it's useful in ALL the game aspects!)  In fact I'm copying it and sticking it in my notebook...just in case y'know ;)

#32 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 00:01

Please if anyone has questions regarding buffs or PvP in general feel free to message me in game and online or offline I will return your message - and help work through any questions you may have.

- Thanks

Chazz

Edited by Chazz224, 20 April 2014 - 01:06.

#33 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:44

Play nice please. I see no trolling here from MSCruz, just questions.

#34 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 20:42

This guide is to help educate players in the sense of " How to PvP  and possibly win with success" I am a avid reader on the forums MSCruz - I am very well aware that you do not support PvP in any form - I have also reported you for trolling this forum - and would appreciate it if you and your " Multiple Friends " did not troll this either. If I feel there is a legit question I am always happy to help any player out even you MSCruz - feel free to send me a message in game I will always reply.

- Chazz

Sorry,Chazz if my question made you think I am "trolling". I am old school so I had to go to wikipedia to know what "trolling" means. No, I am not trolling, I am not allowed to do that.

I know this post was to educate people on PvP but it also could be used by levelers as it explains the mechanics of the buffers. As you can see, I am a solo player by option. I do not want to be provided by guilds with everything. I want to make the same steps of the first players. That is all. With time I will join some real guild.

About PvP, I am not against at all. I probably PvP in the BraveKath's idea. Also the idea from beg2lose and yghorbb. What I do not like in the current PvP is that people do not agree on PvP and even so they are beaten, mostly when they are offline. I can take the risk, after all it is just virtual gold and XP. If you invite me to PvP, let me decide if I want PvP or not and give me time to create a strategy to beat you, probably I will accept the challenge. Or not.

The point is not losing gold or XP, but the mutual respect. Beating me when I am offline is just not fair. Is like taking a candy from a child. I do not even need the gold. I would be happy just to know that my strategy is better than yours.

Differently from some players, I was hit many times for my level. Just one player hit me and gave me back the money he got. I do not remember his name, but I remember I thank him. If you just need prestige or experience, I do not care about the money to repair the gears or the money the system gets.

In my childhood time, the only thing we got from playing was the pleasure of playing. The journey. The way PvP is I will never support it. But BraveKath's and  beg2lose/yghorbb's ideas I will probably give a try.

It is not because you think it is funny to PvP that I will like it too. Just imagine something you do not like. Then you meet a person that say you are "stupid" because you do not like it. It is how I feel when you (and other PvPers) try to convince me that PvP is the best thing in the world. It is like a muslim and a christian trying to convince each other about their beliefs.

Do you know how many religions exist in the world? Each claiming that their god is the only and true? PvP the way it is, is not fair because PvPers do not respect the right of non-PvPers to not fight. If you cannot see how unfair it is, so I have nothing else to aggregate. Just try to put yourself in the position of a non-PvPer. I think it was what BraveKath and the other guys did.

I do not mean to give you a lecture. Just try to make things clear. There is a reasoning behind my thinking. It is not disagreement "per se".

PS: I really hope everyone can understand what I am saying, because english is not my mother language.

Edited by MSCruz, 17 April 2014 - 20:50.

#35 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 22:12

Sorry,

PS: I really hope everyone can understand what I am saying, because english is not my mother language.

Dear MsCruz - You expressed yourself very well and with grace.   Well aware that you like to ask questions to better understand the game and that's excellent, please do not be discouraged.  You ask the questions that I'm sure many others are hesitant to ask and I congratulate you for that :)

Edited by BraveKath, 17 April 2014 - 22:14.

#36 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:05

Please if anyone has questions regarding buffs or PvP in general feel free to message me in game and online or offline I will return your message - and help work through any questions you may have.

- Thanks

Chazz

#37 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2014 - 17:00

- Thanks

Chazz

Or me - I'm more than happy to help as well.

There are plenty of players who are more than happy to help explain how buffs work and different combinations of things. It's just about finding those who are truly there to help.

Once again - great work Chazzz. 

#38 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 14:44

Hi Chazzz,

First, I want to thank you for making this tutorial. Even for non-PvP fans it is very handful because explain a lot about buffers and strategy for combat. Really awesome!

Second, I really want to apologize for my bad judgement about PvP fans. I understand that people are different and I should show more respect for them. Despite I maintain my position about PvP I am really sorry about my conduct.

Last, I would like you (and the other players) to know that I am really interested in learning the game. I promise you I will never troll or adopt any other conduct to cause confusion or damage to people, the game or the threads of the forum. I am really eager to learn and I greatly enjoy the game.

Thank you again. And congratulations.

Edited by MSCruz, 23 April 2014 - 14:46.

#39 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 15:57

Hi  MSCruz:

First of all, a do admire a player who is going the solo route.  I did it for 4 years, and never once regretted it.  As I have moaned and groaned many times, while guilds can make certain aspects of the game more do-able, groups for example, they also make other aspects too easy.  Keep in mind it IS a legitimate way to play the game, regardless of what naysayers may spout.

I'm siding with BraveKath on PvP, it needs to be more of an individuals testing ground, rather than seeing how many players you can stab while they're sleeping and you are loaded with buffs that 5 years ago didn't even exist.  The resulting prestige gained, is much like buffing inactive members of your guild just to gain that medal.  It's totally legal, but not even remotely ethical or honorable.

The game needs good tutorials/explanations of how various aspects work.  I had no idea how the arena worked until this week, when one of my allies VERY patiently explained it to me.  PVP, GVG, etc need good explanations using small words, fully spelled out.  This will get more players  (at the very least) trying these things out. 

What just occurred to me, is that this discussion really points to the need for the implementation of the Mentor feature. (yes, it's on the roadmap, I know you can't do everything at once)  Maybe when it's finally introduced certain Mentors could be listed as authorities on PvP, GvG, Arena, etc.  We all can't be experts in everything, and it would make it easier for a new player to go to someone who can explain easily what PvP is and how to do it. (God forbid you send them to me, I'll ship them over to BraveKath, in the time honored procedure called, "passing the buck" ;) )

I think most of us here agree that some sort of change here is good.  And in this case, it doesn't even involve a lot of tedious coding.  Just dusting of some little used writing skills. I will reserve my right to criticize grammar and punctuation however....... :D

#40 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 00:02

..... "passing the buck" wink.png ........ (see Tastria's full post above)

hahaha! biggrin.png  laugh.png 

To everyone here -- think it's time to move on.  There was a good intention here and there's excellent information.  There were misunderstandings.  Personally, if someone slams and reports me in the forums, even if acknowledged as undeserved, I'm not going to going to trust that person and send them a pm.  

I have been very inquisitive and lacked shyness in asking people for advice in all aspects of the game and went to the people I knew were experts.  I remain forever in Ryebred and Batboy135's debt, as well as forever Bubbajoe10's for their patient teaching through the years on PvP & GvG, as well as countless others here and there, including Chazz.

With arena a number of people were gracious mentors that I solicited: KingHomer, Y0DA and Bloody18 were beyond kind.  

There is one unfortunate problem with a mentor system that makes me squeamish.  Too often people these days  don't want to patiently learn, they want a "win" button, and they assume "mentor" means ATM  (yes, I sound grumpy & old even to me).  Example -- I know many arena players get this frequently and are simply asked what gear to wear for what level and the player cares less about the "teaching" and more about just being handed the win.

For that reason, this thread and threads like it can serve the role of a mentor and invaluable as they encourage group discussion and multiple teachers.  Discussion can be focused on the mechanics, nuances and strategies rather than handing someone a "win" button.

Players like yourself, Tastria, and MSCruz are always refreshing because you want to UNDERSTAND  wub.png  and become self-sufficient.  That attitude is one we all need to foster in ourselves and others and teaching threads like these can be very positive.  We all, as a community, need to be careful to be patient and assume the best intentions of an inquiring player as the negative does nothing positive in the long run, as evidenced here.

Edited by BigGrim, 30 April 2014 - 09:57.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: