#1 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:06

With all the nerfs for AOE grinding loot now in place, there really is absolutely no way for a player to earn loot in game while soloing. You can't have a game that is only playable in instances. There are people that enjoy an hour or two a day just hunting gems... or there were.

My personal experience:

1 hour AOE grinding with no loot pots gives 0-1 glimmering gem which has about a 50% chance of having no buyers (worthless gem) in game, and 1-2 green NPC loot items. Repair fee is around 20g on level 45 gear, yet the items NPC for about 12g. Therefore, you are in the red 8g and an hour wasted.

1 hour AOE grinding with 1 loot booster that cost 80ep netted me 1 glimmering ruby and 1 unsellable gem and 3 green drops. Repair fee was about 20g and the NPC items sold for 16g. If I spammed chat for 4 hours I could sell the ruby for maybe 90g, so I am in the red 74g for that run, along with an hour wasted.

What kind of game punishes players for playing? Over both methods I made more money and saved an hour by not playing at all! Why is the only way to make money and find glimmering gems require a team of 5 to do? Why punish players that want a bit of solo game time?

Don't even say that my DPS is the issue. My DPS is 1.5k and I have 3 AOE skills.

This is not a rant. You guys nerfed the AOE areas and drop rates so much that it's entirely pointless to try. You can't have any shred of an illusion of variety in the game if you don't give players an option to choose how and where they acquire their gems and money.

Current list of totally pointless endeavors:

TOC

Arena

PvP

WB

Trappers

Solo loot farming

ASV/RG (for prophets (sapphires are a joke))

Again, not a rant. I simply want the game I spent money on to be more than 2 instances in it's entirety.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#2 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:57

Yes , the idea to remove aoe spots and to decrease drop rate " Forces us " to do dungeons and its boring and any forcible thing is not good for the game . 

Aoe is not a simple job atleast for mages :P and u should be ready for the grind . Now theres no good thing at eoc to do as comrade ahs said .

And i seriously support that ahste gems should be there .

Say " Platinum or pearl " :P

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#3 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:07

you just have to find the right place to grind. i'm not intrested in gems to sell so any gem i get is bonus. my healer's can earn 70-100g per hour in one spot, and warriors can grind in another spot but not earn as much, but all it takes is to find a place. 

#4 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:37

EDIT:MY DAMN GRAMMAR

Yesterday in taranuka i was with loyalty loot potion and made 97gold out of greens in 48 minutes while i waited for a team for rg.

I payed around  20g of repairs so i profited. youre were just unlucky relax my friend you can do it.

Also i have been selling rubys at 50 ep each.

Current list of totally pointless endeavors:

TOC AGREED

Arena  AGREED

PvP AGREED

WB I LIKE THEM ALOT, its so fun as the kingdom tries and defeats such tyrants, for me wb is like roleplaying and is not pointless for me

Trappers SUPPPPPPPPPAAA AGREED

Solo loot farming  can be done

ASV/RG (for prophets (sapphires are a joke)) never done asv, rg is fun 20 minute runs are supppa fun and actually rewarding 1rem is actually 50 ep atm and i already sold rems at 75ep and to 2 different players in the beggining of rg at 100ep, if you manage an awesome team as i have been lucky with rg is fast and rewarding, about Sapphires well these are worthless indeed PLZ HCS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE why must healers suffer!!

Edited by Susej, 07 May 2014 - 07:38.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#5 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:39

To be honest, you're trying to sound like you're not complaining, but you are. It's easily possible to make 100g+ per hour using any class (maybe except tank) casually grinding in some areas. There are some decent and great spots to grind in the new areas, so I don't know why you said there isn't. 

I think your problem is that you along with other people don't have the patience to grind 10 hours to make 1000g+, and you expect pre-patch TOC standard loot when grinding so you can make tons of money. You're also saying that it doesn't cover your repair costs? Well, you've obviously done something wrong since you can easily profit.

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#6 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:15

US $60 = 7500ep = 15000g (in game 1:2 exchange rate).
15000/6000 = 2.5g per US penny.

100g = 40 US cents.

Therefore grinding for 100g for 1 hour means you are willing to "work" for 40 US cents per hour.

This is a textbook case of Skinner box conditioning.

#7 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:30

don't expect a polished game just yet. it will take time period. :)

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#8 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2014 - 15:31

Looted for one hour yesterday, made 220 Gold after repairs (no loot potion) and got one Glimmering Gem. Seems fine to me, even if you take off my supporter bonus.

Edited by Mongo, 07 May 2014 - 15:31.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#9 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2014 - 16:04

Actually it was about an hour and a half looting, still a good return though.  :D

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#10 TakeTwo

TakeTwo

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 16:19

US $60 = 7500ep = 15000g (in game 1:2 exchange rate).
15000/6000 = 2.5g per US penny.

100g = 40 US cents.

Therefore grinding for 100g for 1 hour means you are willing to "work" for 40 US cents per hour.

This is a textbook case of Skinner box conditioning.

You used a system generated drop rate and a player generated economy. Your equation should use a consistent source for both.

$60 = 7500ep = 950g (game exchange rate 2000 ep = 250g)

950/6000 = 15 silver 80 bronze per US penny

100g = $6.31 US

Therefore grinding for 100g for 1 hour means you are willing to "work" for just about a dollar under minimum wage (7.25) and the income isn't taxed.

Players say all the time that repairs are too expensive and there's not enough gold in game. It seems quite the opposite is true as gold is being slowly devalued. The ratio of ep:gold was not always 1:2 and there's no guarantee it will not go to 1:3, 1:4 etc. To rectify the change, either supply of gold into the game needs to be decreased, or demand needs to increase (via increased repair costs etc).

Edited by TakeTwo, 07 May 2014 - 16:23.

#11 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 May 2014 - 17:51

Yesterday in taranuka i was with loyalty loot potion and made 97gold out of greens in 48 minutes while i waited for a team for rg.

I payed around  20g of repairs so i profited. youre were just unlucky relax my friend you can do it.

Also i have been selling rubys at 50 ep each.

Loot potion costs 80ep (160g). So, if you include that in your calculation, you lost 63g in your 48 minutes.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#12 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 18:29

Loot potion costs 80ep (160g). So, if you include that in your calculation, you lost 63g in your 48 minutes.

Loyalty loot potion cl you get 5 everyday!!!

that is why i dont grind everyday

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#13 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:48

Ehh, Reward may not be great, but if you are looking for something to figure out and do, go find a way to solo all those WBs. Defiler is doable, Dragon may be doable and I havent spend time looking at the rest of the WBs yet.

Arena is another thing you can play solo. I agree that there aren't alot of finished products here, but you can make your own fun. 

Also, idk why you make so little grinding lol. Even if you do 1v1 you can get at least 2 drop in an hour...

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#14 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:38

The Rock Elemental  is solo able, but it is in trappers atoll where enemies can kill you and reset the bosses hp,it would also take 4 hours if I were to solo it , so unless its HP cuts down a notch depending on how many people there are it would be a waste.I don't know if they changed the loot table yet, and put in a drop better then the rest of the WB's because unlike the other ones this one is in a PvP zone.I'm also not going to spend 4 hours soloing it to find out the loot is still 4 silver.If it is, I highly suggest that they fix these things before moving on and create a trail of unfinished work.(Not a pro in programing ,but  changing the loot on a boss should be really easy to do.)

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: