• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:11

I believe HCS needs to have junior moderators for monitoring conduct  in-game and within forums during off shift hours. There is too much that goes on now, especially after Steam launch to allow poor conduct to go unchecked. I would recommend that HCS start taking application from players to monitor activity and report back to the senior staff. Forum activity should be easy enough to regulate. In-game misconduct may be trickier. I am not sure if junior mods can capture logs and send them back to senior staff.

#2 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:44

Have suggested this a few times before. Still think it is a good idea.

Mods should not be allowed to use their power for gain though so will have to in turn be watched themselves as they could cause alot of damage as HCS is (even in a small way) giving them authority over others.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#3 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:52

no need for moniter id set up for vote sys where player base can vote required say 15 vote's bye 15 other people more like 20 or so Temply mute - that or easyer in game report function.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#4 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:40

Don't like it. A mod could be a friend of someone who does not like you, they could keep "extra" watch on certain players and jump on any chance they get to punish you, while being more lenient with their friend.

We would then need mods to watch the mods, mods to watch the mods who watch the mods.

Ignore list is there for a reason, if you are being harassed in other ways that the game tools do not allow you to avoid then just submit a support ticket.

Forum is not really that bad, most threads that are against the rules get locked or removed pretty quickly.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#5 ShadowBane

ShadowBane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 17:45

Have suggested this a few times before. Still think it is a good idea.

Mods should not be allowed to use their power for gain though so will have to in turn be watched themselves as they could cause alot of damage as HCS is (even in a small way) giving them authority over others.

One way to avoid this is to have a separate character or account for mods.

This also can avoid hostility to the particular person - as its a separate identity.

Player based moderation does work - but does require oversight.

+1 for the idea btw

#6 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 November 2014 - 18:08

Don't like it. A mod could be a friend of someone who does not like you, they could keep "extra" watch on certain players and jump on any chance they get to punish you, while being more lenient with their friend.

We would then need mods to watch the mods, mods to watch the mods who watch the mods.

Ignore list is there for a reason, if you are being harassed in other ways that the game tools do not allow you to avoid then just submit a support ticket.

Forum is not really that bad, most threads that are against the rules get locked or removed pretty quickly.

This is all the assumption of a biased player who shows favoritism,an actual candidate to pose for such a position wouldn't fit that category..it works for more games then it works against...can look it up if ya want :D

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#7 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 18:48

Don't like players having more power than others period,a big turn off for me.

Edited by lester, 08 November 2014 - 18:48.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#8 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 18:57

As like most games that have junior moderators, their powers are very limited. Mostly they capture the pertinent data and forward it back to the senior staff to let them make the decisions. The junior mod might be able to temporarily lock a post or mute a player, but they generally do not have authority to suspend or ban accounts. They are mainly the eyes and ears. If junior mods are limited in this capacity, then the only people to not like them are the rules breakers. It's not like they can make stuff up because they don't like you. lol - they need proof.

Having these type of people in-game would be a big benefit to the quality of time people spend in the game and make for a good gaming experience, especially now with all the new Steamers. 

Keep in mind that we were a small community and we were able to keep things in check just by virtue of knowing each other like a small town feel. Now we are becoming a big city with many more players, which will bring a lot of mischief. Anyone familiar with MMO knows how bad things can get when the players base is high. Ex: Enter the game a new group of IRL 12 year old bad ass friends with the intention of causing hell because it's fun for them and then exit other players that don't like the game experience. They may or may not report this and if they do, is HCS staffed to handle this and other issues that arise on top of their current duties ? 

Initial player base increase of 6-7x  = 20x the problems needing to be addressed. If issues are not mitigated appropriately, then expect the player base decrease and not increase. I think HCS may need the help but then again they might be staffed appropriately. Dunno. Just a thought.

Edited by zargon, 08 November 2014 - 20:08.

#9 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2014 - 19:16

This is all the assumption of a biased player who shows favoritism,an actual candidate to pose for such a position wouldn't fit that category..it works for more games then it works against...can look it up if ya want :D

It is not an assumption, it is an opinion. You know, the stuff forums suggestions are for... can look it up if ya want.  ;)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#10 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:00

You want mods that have power that is very limited , sending the HCS crews reports and all of that.Players can already do that.Muting player and temporarily locking threads isn't a limited or small power,It is enough for people to dislike you.That is all it takes for a mob to rise up, and in all other MMO's  this does happens.

Edited by Anakiro, 18 November 2014 - 11:32.
Language

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#11 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:40

You are overreacting big time. Many games already do this and it works fine. Like I said, given the role the junior mods would have, then only people to get upset are the rule breakers. If they mute a player or lock a thread for the wrong reason, there is a good chance they will not be a mod long. So it sounds like you prefer the inmates running the asylum !

And a mod should not care if a raging idiot does not like them. If you're going to violate rules, then expect consequences. The rest of the community will welcome this and only the raging idiot won't like it. Awwww - too bad for him !!!!!

Edited by Anakiro, 18 November 2014 - 11:32.
Language

#12 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:43

It would be a solution for alot of problems, i have already been one and let me tell you its an hassle and the nominated person MUST anonymus otherwise that person is gonna be tormented.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#13 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:48

Like i sayed added voting sys - 1 vote per account so pervent people log alt's - 15 - 20 vote's needed - sayed player tepory mute, Send Screen shot - File support tiket for furth evidaince false reporting can get your account., muted - even sent to jail for false reporting.

With this kind of reportng player base in it self has power mute sayed player - even possible with nuf vote's send them to jail.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 09 November 2014 - 01:49.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#14 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:56

The thing is people will know your a mod sooner or later.It doesn't take much of a detective to find out.

Edited by lester, 09 November 2014 - 01:56.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#15 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:57

Like i sayed added voting sys - 1 vote per account so pervent people log alt's - 15 - 20 vote's needed - sayed player tepory mute, Send Screen shot - File support tiket for furth evidaince false reporting can get your account., muted - even sent to jail for false reporting.

With this kind of reportng player base in it self has power mute sayed player - even possible with nuf vote's send them to jail.

It would take a strong system to tell if they are false reporting or not unless hcs is reading them, which i highly doubt they have time to do.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#16 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:28

The thing is people will know your a mod sooner or later.It doesn't take much of a detective to find out.

And that is what happened to me

And then the mass pms arrived with ban this kick that one mute the other one and so on and so on.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#17 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:32

And that is what happened to me

And then the mass pms arrived with ban this kick that one mute the other one and so on and so on.

Then the mod panics and mutes the people pming him ,in which causes a mob of players ganging up on the mod writing rants on how mods are abusing their power.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#18 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:52

Who cares if everyone knows you are a mod. That's irrelevant. Do you rage when someone is promoted at work to become your team lead ? Give me a break. You are just fighting this just to fight it.

Only the raging idiot will be upset at the mod. The rest of the community will support this. And if he/she does not like the mod, awwwww too bad for him. It will be a better game because of it and the juniors mods will have all my support for sure. I would praise them for their efforts and time. I would not expect them to be perfect.

Edited by zargon, 09 November 2014 - 03:04.

#19 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:11

Let's not have zargon be a mod........ moves sharp objects away from him.  :lol:

#20 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:28

Let's not have zargon be a mod........ moves sharp objects away from him.  :lol:

haha - no worries there. I'm not a good example of what a mod should be in any universe ;)

People I would suggest would be people like Brioche, Reinedor and Chelsea. Too bad Handyman is not still around. But this is not an election so please don't critisize my choice of names. Just going off what I know of them in-game or in forums :)

Edited by zargon, 09 November 2014 - 03:32.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: