Photo

Weaponsmithing quests #4 and #5 - a suggestion/warning to players.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:38

Repeatable Quest #4 requires Pure Copper Ore, 4 per turn-in (2 for each of 2 items).  No-one will have enough to work their way through the several levels before skill level #12, where the quest changes to #5, which does not need special materials.   To accomplish this, you will need to gather incrediable amounts of pynwood/copper ore (thousands of units, all told) to make items near the top of your ability that give the best skill XP per resource.

At the last stage, the best item to build is the Refined Copper Wrist Blade, which requires 12 copper bars (plus bought items) to make.  This gives the best XP, as far as I can tell, at ~218 XP per unit.

But here is the warning.  Keep as many of these you make as possible for your bags to hold!!!

Vendor only those you must for space reasons.  Because this is precisely one of the 2 items needed for Weaponsmithing quest #5!  The other item is the Improved Copper Throwing Blade, which gives a little less at ~195 XP per unit, and requires 16 copper bars to make.  But the #5 quest turn-in is worth ~849 XP.

I was lucky enough to check the new quest the trainer was offering before vendoring the last batch of wrist blades, and I ended up having 13 of them already made to get a big jump on completing the next skill level.  But I wish now that I had saved more (having vendored all the prior batches).

Just a word to the wise.

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#2 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:44

Just to throw a spanner in the works for you.

Weaponsmithing #4 will shortly need an Improved Copper Wristblade and an Improved Pynwood Bow. Neither of them need rare resources.

I've gone through all of the repeatable skill quests and removed items needing rare resources to craft. Using the repeatable quests should be a lot simpler from now on.

#3 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:49

Just to throw a spanner in the works for you.

Weaponsmithing #4 will shortly need an Improved Copper Wristblade and an Improved Pynwood Bow. Neither of them need rare resources.

I've gone through all of the repeatable skill quests and removed items needing rare resources to craft. Using the repeatable quests should be a lot simpler from now on.

That's good to hear, although at this point I have powered my way past all of the quests mentioned above - I am at WS lvl 16 with repeatable quest #6 to deal with - which also needs rare resources (2 pure Bronze for each Improved Bronze Dagger).

#4 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 June 2013 - 13:23

I wonder about this removing them.  I always assumed this was done to create a market for those rare drops, while limited the number of people in a craft.  And that eventually there would be a thriving market for rare drops (once we have a market).

As it stands, most of the items that require rare drops aren't spectacular enough to drive the market.  It's not likely someone would craft so many of the rare item that they would have to pay for rare drops.  For the gatherer they'll always be a market, as many crafters would rather buy.  But the rare item drops will no longer count for anything special.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#5 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 June 2013 - 13:50

Ideally, trade skill recipes using rare materials should:

* Generate a good bit more skill and character XP when crafted.  At least triple - and that may be too low, considering drop rate of the rare materials.

* Create blue or better items with exceptional power and stats, possibly some that bind on pickup.  Even more interesting would be several tiers of these sorts of items, with corresponding quantities of one or more rare materials.  How this fits in with the level-50 crafted set items is debatable (changes in the rest of the system might have ripple effects here, and there is game balance to consider too), but special crafted items should be available at as many skill levels as possible, as a reward for keeping your crafting skill in sync with your character's level.

* Basically, the value of any crafted item in all it's aspects should scale with the rarity/quantity of the materials used to make it and the skill level of the recipe.

but

* Not be necessary for leveling the trade skill via. repeatable quests.

In this case, the eventual market in rare goods will be very lively.

#6 PXT

PXT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2013 - 23:28

Nice!~!

PXT

Font: