Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2012 - 20:55

We're going to be implementing changes to the Bounty Board next week, including:

[*:39e4tdul]Add the ability to buy Bounty Tickets with gold.
[*:39e4tdul]Every PvP attack outside the Bounty Board can be bountied.
[*:39e4tdul]Bounties will expire 48 hours after they are placed.
[*:39e4tdul]Accepting a bounty will allow you to be bountied. (PvP attacks made to complete a bounty won't however).
[*:39e4tdul]Add the ability to view bounties placed on you.
Fallen Sword Lite App

We submitted the Windows Phone version of Fallen Sword Lite app today and we'll let you know when it is available to download. We're planning to submit the iOS version to Apple next week.

Beta Testing

Finally, thank you to everyone who has emailed us about helping beta test Fallen Sword Lite and our other upcoming iOS games :)

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:01

We're going to be implementing changes to the Bounty Board next week, including:

[*:2m3wn5jx]Add the ability to buy Bounty Tickets with gold.
[*:2m3wn5jx]Every PvP attack outside the Bounty Board can be bountied.
[*:2m3wn5jx]Bounties will expire 48 hours after they are placed.
[*:2m3wn5jx]Accepting a bounty will allow you to be bountied. (PvP attacks made to complete a bounty won't however).
[*:2m3wn5jx]Add the ability to view bounties placed on you.
We submitted the Windows Phone version of Fallen Sword Lite app today and we'll let you know when it is available to download. We're planning to submit the iOS version to Apple next week.

Finally, thank you to everyone who has emailed us about helping beta test Fallen Sword Lite and our other upcoming iOS games :)

~ The Fallen Sword Team

Please make sure that multiple acceptances of the same bounty are stackable , similar to multiple hourly hits on the same player stack.

IE: player A accepts Player B's bounty, clears it.. Then Player A accepts Player B's Second bounty, They are now open to being Counter bountied 2 times. ( more if they accept more bounties)

Also, Can honor not affect XP loss % for the pvp ladder? ( similar to how it has no effect on bounty hits)

Something like...if there is any pvp rating transfer, then honor does not take effect.

Nice changes so far :) thanks hoof.

#3 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:02

+1 to everything maehdros said!!!!

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:09

[*:157lfua2]Add the ability to buy Bounty Tickets with gold.
[*:157lfua2]Every PvP attack outside the Bounty Board can be bountied.
[*:157lfua2]Bounties will expire 48 hours after they are placed.
[*:157lfua2]Accepting a bounty will allow you to be bountied. (PvP attacks made to complete a bounty won't however).
[*:157lfua2]Add the ability to view bounties placed on you.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

Please make sure that multiple acceptances of the same bounty are stackable , similar to multiple hourly hits on the same player stack.

IE: player A accepts Player B's bounty, clears it.. Then Player A accepts Player B's Second bounty, They are now open to being Counter bountied 2 times. ( more if they accept more bounties)

The player that is being bountied would be able to place a bounty on each player that accepts the bounty on them. If a player accepted two bounties on the same player, the player being bountied would then be able to place two bounties on that player.

Also, Can honor not affect XP loss % for the pvp ladder? ( similar to how it has no effect on bounty hits)

Something like...if there is any pvp rating transfer, then honor does not take effect.

Nice changes so far :) thanks hoof.

We can take a look at this - I don't see an issue with making it so Honor doesn't work on the PvP Ladder. What does everyone else think?

#5 jklundt

jklundt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:16

I dont think Honor should work on the PvP ladder. It doesnt make sense to lose less XP if playing that aspect of the game.

#6 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:27

Keep honor work on ladder... removing that will make the buff useless and i'd ask for single buff reset if you do remove it from ladder

#7 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:28

I agree no honor buff on pvp ladder...

#8 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:29

I agree with the honor not helping on the ladder so now what is it good for. I got this for that purpose and it wont be worth anything to me now,,,,so, how about a reset???

#9 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:31

What purpose would honor have if it is not used on the ladder?

Kind of pointless to change it as it effects the xp loss by very little. As long as XP lock doesn't work that is enough restriction.

#10 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:33

Kind of pointless to change it as it effects the xp loss by very little. As long as XP lock doesn't work that is enough restriction.

I don;t think 35% recution to xp is a little :) but I guess we just agree to disagree. I look at honor on the ladder as using a pillow instead of a 2 x 4. *shrugs*

#11 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:35

[*:3vbzdr9g]Add the ability to buy Bounty Tickets with gold.
Good
[*:3vbzdr9g]Every PvP attack outside the Bounty Board can be bountied.
Good
[*:3vbzdr9g]Bounties will expire 48 hours after they are placed.
Not good, because it will give advantage for certain groups to avoid losing xp(Bounty board meant for punishment) whatever sadly i don't think you will change anything back after you apply your changes...
[*:3vbzdr9g]Accepting a bounty will allow you to be bountied. (PvP attacks made to complete a bounty won't however).
Fine
[*:3vbzdr9g]Add the ability to view bounties placed on you.Good and whats about add ability to show who accepted to take the bounty?

#12 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:38

There were supposed to be other changes made for PvP ladder. I would suggest leaving the changes concerning ladderhits to be discussed when the whole ladder gets discussed, again.

I had understood there was supposed to be a change to the BB, where people who have been bountied can not hit the person who put them on the board, untill the bounty was cleared. The problem being people complaining about getting hit hourly while a bounty gets left up.

Making each hit off the board bounty-able, covers that problem, of course, but it adds also an extra protection for targets in general, before they place a bounty.

If there is yet more protection added for levelers, would it be too much to ask to get a larger range for off the board hits? PvP being nerfed all the time does not help in a game that already has seen many pvp-ers leave.

I.E. if someone is silly enough to go offline with a lot of gold, and you hit them twice for it, you are now looking to lose 10 levels, seems excessive to me.

#13 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:42

[*]Bounties will expire 48 hours after they are placed.
Not good, because it will give advantage for certain groups to avoid losing xp(Bounty board meant for punishment) whatever sadly i don't think you will change anything back after you apply your changes...
[*]Accepting a bounty will allow you to be bountied. (PvP attacks made to complete a bounty won't however).
Fine
[*]Add the ability to view bounties placed on you.[/list]Good and whats about add ability to show who accepted to take the bounty?

You can already see who accepts bounties. :) And as for *groups* not sure who you are referring to , I'm not flaming by any means... but I;ve seen MANY players sit on the board for days, because its either too much of a challenge to clear them, or the reward ( gold or fsp) simply isnt worth the effort, stam , potions, etc needed to clear.

#14 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:44

Disagree about point 2, pvp ladder attacks should be non-bountable. you sign up to be hit and to hit others. Seems like a cheap way to farm pvp rating on someone while offline ... Unless you want winners to be determined by such means ..

Bountying should be reserved for gold hits, smasher medal farming via bounty, quitters on bounties, etc.

Point 4 makes no sense, please clarify with example. As I understand it, if you complete the bounty, you wouldn't be bountiable, but all other hits are?

HOWEVER, I like points 1, 3, and 5, :mrgreen:

#15 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:48

That is a horrible suggestion ... what is the point of Honor then?

To me, honor is to reduce XP loss when playing the pvp ladder, in a fight with someone and are expecting to be hit back, or just as a leveling precautionary buff.

#16 tyskersejt

tyskersejt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:48

[*:2s15i12v]Add the ability to view bounties placed on you.Good and whats about add ability to show who accepted to take the bounty?

Maybe just a place to see if anyone have taken it? Not who just if any, but that might as well just reduce the amount of players trying to clear bounties if they can see someone have already taken it.

#17 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:50

+1, good point about the XP lock as well. I'm pretty sure that doesn't work on the pvp ladder anymore. that was a concern right when they released the pvp ladder, since people tend to find a "sweet spot" to stay at level wise.

#18 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:50

To me, honor is to reduce XP loss when playing the pvp ladder, in a fight with someone and are expecting to be hit back, or just as a leveling precautionary buff.

Gloat gives more gold when attacking pvp hits ( ie: gold hits)... no one carries gold on a ladder. Honor was made to lower xp loss when hit in pvp ( ie: for gold) I don;t think the main intention for honor was to soften up the ladders. again, just my honest opinion ;)

#19 tyskersejt

tyskersejt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:54

Gloat gives more gold when attacking pvp hits ( ie: gold hits)... no one carries gold on a ladder. Honor was made to lower xp loss when hit in pvp ( ie: for gold) I don;t think the main intention for honor was to soften up the ladders. again, just my honest opinion ;)

You don't have to use it :wink:

Both sides have a point. Should it be on the ladder... 1. Yes if people want to use it they can do it if they want. They'll have to spend stam or gold on getting it. Their choice. or 2. No there shouldn't be any xp reduction on the ladder.

It's a difficult one. I suggest you just leave it be for the time being :)

#20 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2012 - 21:57

[*:26wopfqh]Add the ability to view bounties placed on you.Good and whats about add ability to show who accepted to take the bounty?

Maybe just a place to see if anyone have taken it? Not who just if any, but that might as well just reduce the amount of players trying to clear bounties if they can see someone have already taken it.

Its not needed, because in your personal log, it gives you notice already that someone else has accepted a bounty on you. HOWEVER, it could go further and also state on which specific bounty (since you'll be able to place multiple bounties on a single person at a time now ... for multiple hits.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: