#2 Shady

Shady

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 September 2013 - 16:38

mac makes very much problems at games you have 2 choises:

1) go and buy a good windows pc gaming computer (i dont suggest that)

2) wait for future updates im sure the staff is working to fix that (i prefer that)

anyway its not too much problems and its not very tought problems like crashing or lag so be patient and have fun with

what you have :)  :D

#3 deadite

deadite

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 18:04

Also, in Safari, I can't adjust the camera with the arrow keys.

Hoping for some Mac improvements... Haven't been able to play much because of the glitches.

#4 Folia

Folia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:31

I'm having problems too. 

Screen stuck like this after closing the 'Founders development kit' window.

+------------------------------------------+

| Specs in screenshot                   

| - Safari v 5.1.9                             

| - Mac OSX V 10.6.8                    

| - Java V 13.9.7                            

#5 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2013 - 15:39

Some users have reported success when installing an older version of Java 7.

I have certainly propounded this in a number of forum threads when people have raised Mac issues.

Unfortunately, the latest upgrade to the Mac OSX (10.8.5) has now blocked the old version of Java that I was able to use properly (7u17), so I am now about to have to give up on Eldevin from my Mac.

If anyone knows of other workarounds, it would be great to hear of them.

Edited by rowbet, 03 October 2013 - 15:41.

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#6 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2013 - 16:49

A google search showed up sites claiming to explain how to run an older version of Java on the Mac.  I don't have an Apple machine anymore to test on, but perhaps it will help.

I do know that you can download the older versions from java.com, so there must be some way to use it.

Edited by Irradiated, 03 October 2013 - 16:50.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#7 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2013 - 18:55

Has anyone on mac tried Java 7 update 40? It had heaps of fixes for Mac OSX in the changelog.

#8 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 October 2013 - 22:07

Has anyone on mac tried Java 7 update 40? It had heaps of fixes for Mac OSX in the changelog.

Unfortunately, yes. When I found they had blocked 7u17 I figured i might as well upgrade to 7u40. I was back to having no recognition of keyboard shortcuts - ASDW doing absolutely nothing (which was one stage worse than before - previously they would respond to the first key depress, but nothing further from each key)

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#9 Grey

Grey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 18:32

I wanted to give a quick list of the bug issues I am still experiencing with playing Eldevin on a MacBook.

- The arrow keys have some bugs in them:

- Each key can only be pressed once until I log out

- If I zoom in or out with arrow keys it will lock my position until I log out and back in

- When I hit < or > on the arrow keys, the screen will start spinning. (I can hit opposite direction once to stop the spinning, but then the screen is locked in the position that I stop it at and < or > do nothing after this)

- Browser:

- I have found Chrome does not play Eldevin at all for me (I don't know if I have most updated Chrome)

- Safari works fine, but the two finger zoom (two fingers on track pad moving up to zoom in/down to zoom out) does not work

- Firefox seems to be the best browser for me (Eldevin wouldn't load in Firefox when I played the Beta)

- Chat:

- The "delete" key (backspace on PC) does not work in the chat. ***I have found that if you put the cursor in front of text in the chat you can use "fn" and "delete" to delete in front of the cursor***

These are the only issues I have found so far in the official release. Since I figured out about the "fn" and "delete", these issues are not a big pain.

Hope this helps!

Grey - 45 Mage

Crystal Cutting-->17 || Farming->38 || Fishing-->5 || Foraging-->23 || Forestry-->26 || Prospecting-->43 || Skinning-->45

Alchemy-->31 || Armorsmithing-->45 || Cooking -->45 || Jewelry-->19 || Leatherworking-->45 || Tailoring-->1 || Weaponsmithing-->23

Interested in Joining a Guild? Ask me about Seraphim!

#10 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:14

There are some Mac issues in Eldevin and we have tried to run Eldevin internally on a macbook and here's the results:

*snip*

These issues are specific to Mac no such issues are encountered on Linux or Windows. We are hoping a solution will be found by the Java developers and are currently not pursuing fixes as we simply don't have the time to write platform specific code or making a standalone version. However we will review this at a later date.

Bit disappointed that the game launched with so many issues for macs. Gameplay is not very pleasant at all with macs.

Can we please get something like buttons for tilting/rotating the map?

#11 Thorquin

Thorquin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2013 - 13:55

Can't believe the game launched with the same camera control issues I experienced in the beta :(

Anyway, OS X 10.9 using safari

Camera controls are useless, camera rotating sticking is horrendous. As mentioned pressing opposite rotate direction stops it, then clicking outside the java app window resets key presses so you can start the whole camera spinning all over again :lol:

Tilt works sometimes by holding W for a while, though it tilts slowly.

Real shame since I did really enjoy playing Eldevin :(

#12 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 23:25

fclark - re chrome: there is no 64-bit version of chrome for macs, and this game requires that.

Edited by rowbeth, 15 December 2013 - 23:27.

#13 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 23:31

It is nice to see that some of the key bindings are working. Those that load windows (I, B, X etc) now seem to work reliably, though those that work the camera still don't.

I have managed to play successfully on my Macbook through a virtual windows machine (parallels desktop), which works about as well as using my four-year-old windows XP laptop (though with better resolution).

Still, it is a shame that there isn't a workaround to enable Mac users to get proper access to Eldevin

#14 Muran

Muran

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 21:30

I'm having some slightly different issues with Eldevin on my mac.  I'm running OS X 10.8.5, with Firefox and Java 7u45. 

*Occasionally, when I press return, or click to move, the screen starts spinning.  If I press return again, it stops until I press return again or click to move again.  Needless to say, it's pretty disorienting and unplayable when that happens.  If I click out to other applications, sometimes it cures it and sometimes not.  Same for relogging.  It happens more often when things get heavy, like in dungeons, which is a bummer.

*The keys that open windows, such as I, X, etc., seem to work fine.

*Zoom in sometimes works with my scroll wheel, and zoom in sometimes works with the up arrow, but the down arrow never works for zooming out. 

*The camera tilt function does not work at all.

*Backspace does not work in the chat box at all.  Delete works for characters to the right of cursor.

*Safari hasn't worked at all for me.  I haven't tried Chrome since reports here say it's no good.

Edited by Muran, 26 December 2013 - 21:33.

#15 Morbeous

Morbeous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 16:58

Im having problems.  In Safari I can't always open loot bags.  Seems when I click anywhere in top left of screen it directs me to another webpage.

#16 Muran

Muran

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 15:56

I just discovered another issue that might have to do with these conflicts.  The Custom Chat tab doesn't work.  It's greyed out and I can't find a way to make it active.  I just joined a guild, and they use it for guild chat; the guild leader said I should press F6 to get the custom chat, but that doesn't do it.  It seems like there's no way for me to join the guild chat.

Please tell me I'm wrong and there is another way I'm not aware of.

#17 Valdus

Valdus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 16:34

I would like to simply post that I have had the same Mac issues, if not for this, I would pay for this game, happily.

#18 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 January 2014 - 18:09

When we release the standalone application version it should hopefully fix the majority of these.

#19 Valdus

Valdus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:03

Now that does sound exciting, any anticipation when?

#20 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:35

Now that does sound exciting, any anticipation when?

There is no date on this, it's still far away I believe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: