Photo

It has been a looooong wait...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fafhred

Fafhred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 14:31

I started following this game project from early announcements several years ago (at the time I had a different email not longer existing).
Then for about a couple of years nothing else happened and I thought the project gone to vaporware paradise; I had actually removed it from my watch list, at this point.

Then about 6 or 9 months ago I found an announcement about it presenting it as a new development.
Considering the previous history I did not put much faith in in, but kept looking now and then.

It seems that this project is now actually back from the grave, so today I registered to this new website and will see what happens.

#2 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 14:58

Hi there, we're glad you found us again!

You may have heard more about us recently because we've been putting more things out on the internet in preparation of our upcoming betas! We're just finishing up a few things and adding a little polish to a mostly complete product. :D

#3 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 15:27

We actually never stopped working on Eldevin in all this time. The team has always been small, 4 to 15 people working on it roughly over the years. Considering its a full MMO (didn't start that way) and also written in 100% pure Java its taken time to develop it all from scratch, code, art and design wise (e.g. the 3d is software using nothing but an int[] buffer). Also, our combined commercial game experience between everyone working on the game is somewhere along the lines of 4-5 years, I think that's just 1 or 2 artists too. So yeah, its been a long learning curve for everyone, but its all seeming to come together. Another subtle bonus is that as the technical development has taken a while, the content side has had lots of time to grow so there's a huge amount of content done during that time. Considering our team size, what we've made is pretty mad and was bound to take time, but the infrastructure and scalability of the game engine is going to make adding new stuff to it reasonably straightforward which we've invested some time in, I think we're going to make it finally though :P
Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: