Photo

How is the gameplay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 SoDox

SoDox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 15:57

What I imagine this game to be like is a mixture of WOW/RUNESCAPE. I have a couple of questions

1) Will there be tons of skills like runescape? if not is there any similar gameplay to it.
2) Could you say this game is totally unique and unlike anything else out there.
3) Do you think it will compete with runescape?
4) I heard a staff member say there are only 15 people working on the game. will this increase in the future as the game starts getting revenue.

#2 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:36

Hi SoDox,

1) Regarding skills we have an absolute ton :) We have 6 archetype skill trees for combat oriented skills, each with dozens of skills which players can spec in. We also have 7 gathering skills and 7 trade skills which are used for gathering and crafting items in the game. On top of that there are also social abilities that players can perform (various dances for example).

2) I've touched on the uniqueness of Eldevin in another thread, but I'll summarize here. Our skill system allowing players to spec freely in different skill trees is a major element which separates Eldevin from other games. Also the attention to detail we're putting into the world should make it feel quite special. Originally the run in a browser aspect was also quite unique but plenty of games have gone in that direction too now ;)

3) Eldevin and Runescape are definitely games in the same genre, so I expect both games will have some player base in common.

4) At the moment we have 10 people on Eldevin full time, and about another 5 or 6 people who come on and off the team from working on iPhone & other browser games. We will undoubtedly get more development and support staff as the game starts bringing in money. We have all the people we need to get the game finished very soon, we are small but effective team :D

Hope that answers your questions :)
L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: