Photo

Progress Towards Beta Update

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 November 2012 - 18:01

Sounds and looks great, l3fty! :)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#22 ShadyMccoy

ShadyMccoy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:32

man cant wait for it............its gonna be AWESOME!!!!!!

#23 Xero

Xero

Lead Artist

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2012 - 13:41

We're all making really good progress, it's great to see the game finally coming together.

I've been working on rebuilding large parts of the Eldevin Kingdom, and more recently giving Eldevin City a much needed facelift. Before I started large parts of the city were still empty and bland looking, so it's defnitely a more interesting place to walk around now. There's always something that catches your eye!

I've also reshaped the streets of the entire city so they make more sense. There were too many dead ends and confusing layouts before, so it now flows much better.

Once I'm done I intend to add some interesting NPC sequences everywhere to really bring the city to life.

In the meantime here's some screenshots of Eldevin City during the sunset / night / sunrise transition;

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 1.jpg
  • Screenshot 2.jpg
  • Screenshot 3.jpg
  • Screenshot 4.jpg
  • Screenshot 5.jpg

Iain Mair
Lead Artist, Eldevin

#24 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:16

To be honest it looks like another version of runescape :x

BUT who dosn't want an alternative, to a money based game :D

Posted Image

#25 Xero

Xero

Lead Artist

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:52

That's understandable, similar games will always be compared to eachother. ;)

Saying that, I believe we have much more variety and depth to offer. Something fresh is always appealing. :)
Iain Mair
Lead Artist, Eldevin

#26 Minerexstacy

Minerexstacy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:50

We're all making really good progress, it's great to see the game finally coming together.

I've been working on rebuilding large parts of the Eldevin Kingdom, and more recently giving Eldevin City a much needed facelift. Before I started large parts of the city were still empty and bland looking, so it's defnitely a more interesting place to walk around now. There's always something that catches your eye!

I've also reshaped the streets of the entire city so they make more sense. There were too many dead ends and confusing layouts before, so it now flows much better.

Once I'm done I intend to add some interesting NPC sequences everywhere to really bring the city to life.

In the meantime here's some screenshots of Eldevin City during the sunset / night / sunrise transition;

The last picture needs like tumbleweeds or something.. lol (made out of flat paper drifting by :D)

Come join me at my YouTube - Mcflapphypants

153qv6c.png

Come help build the wikia by clicking > HERE

#27 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:21

I'm sure a few people will be added to populate the cities. ;)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#28 Xero

Xero

Lead Artist

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:46

The last picture needs like tumbleweeds or something.. lol (made out of flat paper drifting by :D)

I'll be going over the roads adding loose bricks etc. That last shot does lack some detail I must confess! ;)
Iain Mair
Lead Artist, Eldevin

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: