Photo

What should draw me to Eldevin?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 loon

loon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:34

I am not being negative to start off with, I will almost definitely be playing the game as soon as it's possible but I was wondering... What makes this game unique? What makes it better than other games? I haven't been keeping up with all the development updates as much as most so I don't know what to expect.

Cheers

#2 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:26

What makes a game unique to me is that there's a great community about it. there seems to be here :) and there is no annoying ads in game to distract you..
(it would be nice if HCS could confirm this)

And that it's of course not pay2win, i understand they need a way to make money, fair nuff.. but dont make it like WoW please..
and graphics that aren't crap..

If those criteria are met a game is unique/worth playing imo :D

Posted Image

#3 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:49

Oh there's a nice easy question for a Monday, thanks! ;)

I think the biggest selling point for Eldevin is that it's a fully fledged MMORPG which runs in a browser, so you can play it wherever you've got a computer hooked up to the net without having to download a game client!

As far as the game itself goes, our character system is quite different from other games. The way you can build your character in a very free form manner allows you to play however you want. Sure we still have the traditional class builds of tank, healer and DPS, but you can also customize your own tank healer hybrid, or have a heavy weapon wielding mage. There are so many possibilities!

We've also been building the game for years, and it will show when you get into it. Eldevin has a rich fantasy world to explore and a rich history to learn about.

We know we are up against some heavy competition in this genre, but I've got no doubt that people will enjoy what we've been working on, and over time we will keep building on the game and listening to what players will want from it :)
L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#4 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2012 - 13:34

We've also been building the game for years, and it will show when you get into it. Eldevin has a rich fantasy world to explore and a rich history to learn about.

I love that l3fty touched on this as it's the very first thing that sprung to my mind when I read the question. Eldevin has a rich lore and history that you can really sink your teeth into. We also have a plethora of stories to tell by way of questing and lots of NPCs to talk to in order to expand your understanding of the world. The story of the game itself has been written by several people, however because we're such a tightly knit group everyone has had a hand in almost every quest or piece of lore that has been created for the game.

Just thought I'd add my tuppence to l3fty's post. :)

#5 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:34

As far as the game itself goes, our character system is quite different from other games. The way you can build your character in a very free form manner allows you to play however you want. Sure we still have the traditional class builds of tank, healer and DPS, but you can also customize your own tank healer hybrid, or have a heavy weapon wielding mage. There are so many possibilities!

I'm interested to see how this works. Lots of games offer options on how to tailor your character, but tend to always have one "best" way, and you kinda are penalized for not doing it. Kudos if y'all can add in both balance and customization; that's not easy to do.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#6 Neofito

Neofito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:33

I'm interested to see how this works. Lots of games offer options on how to tailor your character, but tend to always have one "best" way, and you kinda are penalized for not doing it. Kudos if y'all can add in both balance and customization; that's not easy to do.

A big true.
And yes, the classless system is what attracted me to Eldevin.

In life the things aren't white or black, the certain is that they are composed of a beautiful variety of grey tones.

#7 DocSooty

DocSooty

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:37

I love that l3fty touched on this as it's the very first thing that sprung to my mind when I read the question. Eldevin has a rich lore and history that you can really sink your teeth into. We also have a plethora of stories to tell by way of questing and lots of NPCs to talk to in order to expand your understanding of the world. The story of the game itself has been written by several people, however because we're such a tightly knit group everyone has had a hand in almost every quest or piece of lore that has been created for the game.

Just thought I'd add my tuppence to l3fty's post. :)

The amount of lore poured into it is definitely a plus. It really gave all the areas a rich feeling to the locations history. Visually the game looks a lot nicer than 2-3 years ago so there is a good level of immersion. I'll be playing it when its out, I wanna see whats changed! (you better not have butchered any of my areas!) :D

#8 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:03

(you better not have butchered any of my areas!) :D

Umm... ;)

#9 DocSooty

DocSooty

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:08

As long as John's face is still on some of the NPCs I'll be happy. :)

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: