johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:17

INFORMATION:

Unable to join as 2 of your guild have already entered in the tournament.

(A maximum of 25% rounding up of the total participants may be in the same guild).

As much as I understand this, would there be a way to tell me this before I put on all of the gear for that tournament? It's just annoying when this is the case for most tournaments I enter.

Also regarding this, since the arena is almost dead for most level ranges, would it be fair to increase this to 50% or maybe even get rid of it? I'm sure the original implementation was to prevent valuable items such as the fire stone of bothild, boar tusks, etc. from being won by abusing the system by getting multiple guild mates to join the same tournament as soon as it was created. However since this is not the case anymore and arena tokens don't have a very large value, I think it would be fair to remove this, and it would probably help to speed up the rotation of tournaments.

#2 WYB

WYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:42

anything changes to arena can only be good.

I just hope Arena is on HCS early 2015 list, arena used to be so much fun, now it is just frustrating, and so many players have quit because of that.

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:43

INFORMATION:

(A maximum of 25% rounding up of the total participants may be in the same guild).

As much as I understand this, would there be a way to tell me this before I put on all of the gear for that tournament? It's just annoying when this is the case for most tournaments I enter.

Also regarding this, since the arena is almost dead for most level ranges, would it be fair to increase this to 50% or maybe even get rid of it? I'm sure the original implementation was to prevent valuable items such as the fire stone of bothild, boar tusks, etc. from being won by abusing the system by getting multiple guild mates to join the same tournament as soon as it was created. However since this is not the case anymore and arena tokens don't have a very large value, I think it would be fair to remove this, and it would probably help to speed up the rotation of tournaments.

Arena tokens do still have value - just not as much (anywhere near as much) as the items themselves used to have. 

I'm pretty sure that if the restriction were removed, then it would rapidly start being abused again ..

Maybe, as you suggest, some sort of indicator about who's already in the tournament (now that combat order is randomised - hopefully that's still the case) would help in this situation ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:51

Maybe, as you suggest, some sort of indicator about who's already in the tournament (now that combat order is randomised - hopefully that's still the case) would help in this situation ?

Even if there was a counter that said how many of your guild members had entered the tournament already, it would be a lot handier

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:58

Even if there was a counter that said how many of your guild members had entered the tournament already, it would be a lot handier

Agreed, think that would require more coding to check your guild and then compare it to already entered combatants, but yes, an indicator of some form would be good.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:10

Show a notification on a tournament when it has reached its guild member participation limit. That would take care of many headaches having previously been in a guild with many arena players. I wouldnt however remove  nor change the guild arena participation levels, for reasons previously stated above.

#7 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 20:30

I don't even play anymore so my guild mates can enjoy it...Maybe increase it to 50% or even 75%? Heck even remove it...With the game dying and getting smaller and everyone condensing into a select few guilds i don't see the need for it. Sure people might abuse *not even worth it in the slightest to be honest* but that's less likely with arenas filling faster with no restriction. Say 80 arena tokens are what 4 fsps those are usually 16 entry arenas it costs more to abuse it than it pays out. It was only effective against the High value low participant arenas which don't exist anymore. There really is no argument in why its needed in the arena now a days. Sure you can cheat your medal but you need to coordinate that with at least 7-15 players and we all know how that's gonna pan out... you guessed it it's not.

Edited by Intimidation, 29 December 2014 - 21:36.

#8 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:36

At a minimum I think removing this for Novice arenas would be good. I tried joining a dozen novice arenas last week and only 5 or 6 of them was I able to do so. I'm sure that especially given the wave of people doing novice ones died down with arena changes having happened a while ago.... there's no problem doing this for novice arenas....

I'm wary of making any changes to the Standard ones tbh. I'm not 100% opposed to making it a higher amount, but I'd say 33% instead of 50. I don't think allowing 8 people in the same guild for a 16 player arena or for that matter 4 in an 8 player one is good for arena.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#9 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 13:21

INFORMATION:

i agree , for now..as long as arena is going to be a battle for close to worthless tokens....and worthless prizes to be bought with tokens...who cares how much it gets abused..nothing to abuse..nothing to gain..arena is dead..super dead..slower than it has ever been in its existence..let the guildmates duke it out....anything to get it arena going again....holiday events are almost over....please fix arena..- soon in 2015...make it worth playing again..

Edited by yodamus, 30 December 2014 - 14:24.

#10 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 December 2014 - 15:27

There are some arenas that have been available to join for days now. One in particular a level 1,993 one, only 9/16 people have joined. That's just over half. Costs just 20k to join and still no one will join it.

The system won't be abused if the 25% cap was to be removed, it's simply not worth it.

For example:

An 8 person tourney with an 8 token prize costs 10k gold to join.

If, say, all 8 were from the same guild, that's 80,000 gold.

8 tokens in the market would have a value of about 80,000 gold (if even that)... simply not worth the 'abusing'.

Quit the crap, the arena is long gone and dead. For the few who actually still want to play it, they can't because most of the tournaments aren't available to join because of this 25% rule. Then, the tournaments don't fill up for days, maybe even over a week. 

#11 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:03

i agree , for now..as long as arena is going to be a battle for close to worthless tokens....and worthless prizes to be bought with tokens...who cares how much it gets abused..nothing to abuse..nothing to gain..arena is dead..super dead..slower than it has ever been in its existence..let the guildmates duke it out....anything to get it arena going again....holiday events are almost over....please fix arena..- soon in 2015...make it worth playing again..

I care if it gets abused.. If I am battling 1 person with 4 accounts ... I lose 99% of the time ..I dont want to be playing arena with 1 or 2 people with an edge I cant beat. Coordinating moves and set ups .. WHY limit a guild to participants ..the gear all the gear is in 1 guild  typically. If I am throwing gold away and my RL money on some douche bag who figured out how to beat the system ..I want no part of that. Limitations are another barrier to prevent cheating!  

Edited by BigGrim, 05 January 2015 - 11:13.
No swearing please.

#12 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 14:18

I care if it gets abused.. If I am battling 1 person with 4 accounts ... I lose 99% of the time ..I dont want to be playing arena with 1 or 2 people with an edge I cant beat. Coordinating moves and set ups .. WHY limit a guild to participants ..the gear all the gear is in 1 guild  typically. If I am throwing gold away and my RL money on some douche bag who figured out how to beat the system ..I want no part of that. Limitations are another barrier to prevent cheating!  

if arena was busy i would agree with you...arena is super dead...anything to get players involved..i would rather play against 4 from the same guild- THAN NOT PLAY AT ALL !!!!, WHICH IS THE CASE RIGHT NOW...nothing to join...nothing starting in a decent amount of time...nothing to play for ...nothing for the cheaters to cheat for, so why worry about them......do something to get more players involved..NOT PLAYING AT ALL IS NOT THE SOLUTION...but it is the problem right now..

Edited by BigGrim, 05 January 2015 - 11:14.

#13 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 18:15

I'm not an arena player either, but I don't see the point of the restriction, especially in Novice arenas.

As the game dwindles, players will concentrate into fewer guilds, making this restriction even more annoying and further limiting participation in the arena.

#14 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 18:51

I'm not an arena player either, but I don't see the point of the restriction, especially in Novice arenas.

As the game dwindles, players will concentrate into fewer guilds, making this restriction even more annoying and further limiting participation in the arena.

These are crazy arguments. Game is dying so screw it?. I guess its not a big deal since everyone keeps telling me  the game sucks now and is dying..no sense in sticking my neck out  ..if majority wants it more power to them .. Just count me out. lol I just laughed out loud at myself for caring!

#15 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 23:06

best to leave it as is..there is already enough manipulating of the game without stricter rules and this would be no exception for a guild to enter all positions..25% is more than sufficient for 1 guild..let them battle to see who gets in and who sits out !

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 23:26

Easy for you all to say until you have problems...Some guilds have 8+ arena players its simply unfair to those guilds. 

Edited by BigGrim, 05 January 2015 - 10:49.
No swearing please.

#17 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 21:42

Then you play Arena for big profits not for fun nor for wins.. while arena still profitable somehow and still nice source of potions and sets

No need to change anything just need new items to be added...

#18 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:54

I say no to allowing more ..why? People choose to be in guilds with 8 plus arena players no one is forcing them to do so.

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:58

That's pretty much a silly argument what guild your in should not dictate not being able to play the arena

Edited by BigGrim, 05 January 2015 - 10:50.
No swearing please.

#20 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:04

That's pretty much a silly argument what guild your in should not dictate not being able to play the arena

You sure do seem to do a lot of talking for someone in  a guild with a motto like we don't talk we do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: