Photo

Fallen Sword: The Movie

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this worth all the time and effort? (126 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this worth all the time and effort?

1. Voted Yes, its a great way to promote the game! (108 votes [68.35%])

Percentage of vote: 68.35%

2. Voted No, complete waste! (23 votes [14.56%])

Percentage of vote: 14.56%

3. Voted Eh, I might watch it... (27 votes [17.09%])

Percentage of vote: 17.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 21:22

I might be making a video that could qualify as a FS movie! Please note that this will only happen if there is strong interest, and that even if I do it will probably take a long time, because I'm only using programs on windows and have several other priorities in my life and this is only something for my free time. The characters for this movie will be users who sign up right here. The plot at this point is not very clear, but will be tied in to the official FS backstory. I will mainly be using PowerPoint in order to make it as much like actual FS as possible. Now, so that the cows don't sue me this is NOT FOR PROFIT!!!! Any interested can sign up here and their avatar will be included and represent them in the movie. If I do choose to make the movie, it will be avaliable to watch on YOUTUBE, as well as any trailers I make for the movie. My allies and guild mates may tryout for roles, but will not recieve special treatment. The "movie" will probably about half an hour long, and if is very popular, I might make a sequel.

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

#2 dogville

dogville

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Badge
  • Ecuador

Posted 09 January 2008 - 21:32

I am curious of how you develop the plot and story. Count me in! =] 8)

#3 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 22:57

Okay, my guild seems interested but other than that there's not much. If you want to be part of this PLEASE comment. Also, I'm looking for some comic releif characters, so if anybody's interested in that, then. Remember ANYONE can be part of the movie, and in order to actually do it, I need strong interest!!!

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

#4 fs_crace

fs_crace
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2008 - 22:59

Go on then - I'm up for it.

(Only if I get to wear Princess Leia style begels) :wink:

#5 fs_kufu

fs_kufu
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:23

sure let me know

Edit: Yes count me in

#6 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:52

sure let me know

Does this mean you're in or not?

#7 fs_spenser

fs_spenser
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:02

Can I join as well?

I'm not from the US.. and not that either.. :shock:

#8 fs_arceus777

fs_arceus777
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:04

i wanna be a charchter

#9 fs_spenser

fs_spenser
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:36

1, how do you plan to make it if you don't know where it is? 2, what's it about, i mean who do you plan to make a video on FS? 3, can I join? 4,how old do you haf to be to join 5, can i keep on asking question?

Ok, 1, he's going to be using his computer, 2, it's about the story line of FS, 3, he will reply back to you, 4, I think you should be above 13 at least :P and 5, NO!!

#10 fs_negrogeo

fs_negrogeo
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 14:17

cool..i wanna join the party :)

#11 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 10 January 2008 - 14:30

I might be making a video that could qualify as a FS movie! Please note that this will only happen if there is strong interest, and that even if I do it will probably take a long time, because I'm only using programs on windows and have several other priorities in my life and this is only something for my free time. The characters for this movie will be users who sign up right here. The plot at this point is not very clear, but will be tied in to the official FS backstory. I will mainly be using PowerPoint in order to make it as much like actual FS as possible. Now, so that the cows don't sue me this is NOT FOR PROFIT!!!! Any interested can sign up here and their avatar will be included and represent them in the movie. If I do choose to make the movie, it will be available to watch on YOUTUBE, as well as any trailers I make for the movie. My allies and guild mates may tryout for roles, but will not receive special treatment. The "movie" will probably about half an hour long, and if is very popular, I might make a sequel.

Hmmm, very interesting. It sounds like it will be done a LOT better than the ones already on YouTube, I should know, I have them ALL on my YouTube page already.

Yes, sign me up!
:lol:

https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif

[image]https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif[/image]

I'm also known as @UnoWild

The Wicked Players

#12 fs_spenser

fs_spenser
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:57

Don't be a smartass..

And try to put some spaces in between your words. :)

#13 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:09

LOL.

...Well, any progress on the story?

The Wicked Players

#14 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 21:12

LOL.

...Well, any progress on the story?

All who have applied so far are probably going to be in the movie.

It is based on the FS backstory and is supposed to continue it.

The story is expected to go like this. I have tried to find the right place between giving enough information and giving too amny spoilers:

A character (you may apply to be this character) sees the shadow lord assassinate a parent. This character was only a child at the time and when they grow up, the location of the sword of light is rumoured to be in a specific place and a group of warriors is sent out to capture the sword and use it to kill the shadow lord. One of these characters is the one who saw their parent murdered as a child.

Since it is mainly a text based movie, and reading text for half an hour may get boring I'm adding in numerous battles, conflicts between members of the group of warriors, humour and other things to keep it interesting. It is inevitable that some of the characters in the story will be killed.

For those still interested in having their username and avatar represent them in the movie, it is not to late, but space may fill up soon. In a few days the "core" of the cast will be realised and their avatars will be added to my computer, as it looks likfe there is enough interest in this story for me to produce it. Those who apply later are likely to only play minor roles. As I already said, it will take a while to make because I have other things to do in my life, but by the end of February or early March, I plan to release a Trailer of the movie to introduce many of you into the story, and take the first bit of advise and feedback. The movie itself will probably come out in August or September.

#15 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 21:18

Also, list of people who have applied so far. If I have left you out, or you would like to apply, post here:
DarthViper (me)
Dogville
Beil
crace
Kufu
Spencer
Arceus777
number777
negrogeo
Thoran

This gives us 10 in game characters so far.

PhantomZ22 has vonluntered to assist me in writing the script.

#16 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 11 January 2008 - 21:30

Ok, so what now?

..Oh, I sometimes switch between Profile Images but the one I have on now is taken from my Forum Sig., which is taken from my favorite desktop Theme I made.

If needed, I have over 120 profiles images i have collected from the game over the year+ I have played FS if it might help you with NPC's etc. 8)

The Wicked Players

#17 fs_arceus777

fs_arceus777
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2008 - 21:31

can be some1 who doesnt die in teh movie

#18 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 21:32

Ok, so what now?

..Oh, I sometimes switch between Profile Images but the one I have on now is taken from my Forum Sig., which is taken from my favorite desktop Theme I made.

If needed, I have over 120 profiles images i have collected from the game over the year+ I have played FS if it might help you with NPC's etc. 8)

I will send a pm to all those who have applied when I am ready to put everyone's avatar on my computer.

#19 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:40

I would like to apply for a job as a co-writer or concept artist or something along those lines, plz.

I've been writing and drawing my own stories for quite a long time, and I want to have the opportunity to help with this.

We need as many concept artists as possible!!! If your interested please place your name here. The job of concept artists is avalable to anybody, weather or not they are already in the movie, as long as they find good pictures. As far as co-writers go, I would love to have as many opinions as possible. Unfortinutely, gold and FS rewards will be rather limited, but those who do assist me will be given credit, as their names will be placed in the credits. I will keep a list of those willing to help. Also, I need a good avatar for the shadow lord. If interested in any of the above, please post here.

#20 fs_arceus777

fs_arceus777
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:24

hmm, ask devilshalo, he's a pretty good artist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: