70 replies to this topic

#21 Godblade75

Godblade75

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:37

Specter, was now on the ground, collapsed in hysterics. "Young elf. You do realize, good will never compare to the forces of the shadows, correct? Perhaps you should reconsider your little troop. On one hand, you have a fellow that is nearly colorblind, only wearing shades of green and speaking to a delusional little spririt. On the other hand, you have a brute orc that has no physical strength whatsoever and is addicted to rum. The Shadowlord shall help you rid of these imbeciles."

godblade.png

#22 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:49

As Rebtex came to he saw Specter still laughing hysterically. He cleared his mind of his influence and felt his energy rush back to him. He cursed at Specter and engulfed him in pure light. As he screamed in anguish he disappeared to rejoin the Shadowlord. As he recovered from his fall he eyed his companions. They were watching cluelessly. Rebtex explained his first encounter with the demon. He then told them the details of his quest. He explained his need to reach Lanslil and speak to the Elven King.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#23 fs_theggold

fs_theggold
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:55

Link they said "The elven king? The hyrulians have a good tie with the king, perhaps I can be of assistance." as he lifts Rebtex back up from the ground and dusts him off.

#24 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 23:53

Name: Talia
Race: Windchild
Height 70 cm (41 inches)
Weight 17 kg (36 pounds)
Appearance: Young girl with light red hair, golden yellow eyes, and large pastel blue wings. Physically she is fully matured and were she twice her human sized be considered of slender to average build.

Fight Style: bows, crossbows, slings, and diving to gain high momentum with javelins and grenades, then pulling out of the dive immediately after releasing the weapon.

As the party continues to travel, they see what they take for some sort of bird. As the minutes pass, it seems to be circling but in a very large circle. You cannot make out any real details. After about 15 minutes it starts moving in a straight line towards your band. As it gets lower and closer you can tell it is a windchild.

#25 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 17:52

The windchild hovers about 100 feet above the party then pulling out a knife and arrow, carves something into the arrow then before you can react, nocks and fires it into the ground about 20 feet in front of the party. It was obviously meant to miss anyone.

Link steps forward and pulls out the arrow. Looking at the arrow, he tries to decipher the scrawls. He thinks it says " see ... sin..e elf ...". He hands the arrow to Rebtex.

#26 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 21:50

Rebtex glances at the arrow and stares hard at the words. He knows the language but his head is spinning to hard to concentrate on deciphering. He patiently sits on a rock and waits. He whispers a healing spell and is utterly shocked to find that his magic is useless. He tries a few more spells but to no avail. He concentrates on the others around him and is relieved to find he can still sense their minds. He hadn't lost his mental prowess but he appeared unable to connect with his magic. He wasn't sure what the cause but he knew that he was now half the fighter he was before. He had to relink with his powers.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#27 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 20:56

Seeing the party apparently taking a break and not appearing to answer, the windchild looks around and finds a large rock, and plummets toward it, only at the last moments opening her wing wide to catch the air and slow here descent. From behind the rock she shouts, "Strangers, have you seen an elf going this way? He would be alone and headed in the same direction as you. I have flown as far as Elrad and many leagues in checking other passes and no one knows of him. I have been commissioned to deliver a message."

#28 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 21:59

Rebtex deshrouded his appearance. Revealing his elven appearance. He turns to the source of the voice and moves closer. By now his guards were so far up he trusted nothing and no one.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#29 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 22:41

"Hmmmm, what is your name elf, where most recently do you harken from, and where are you headed? I must make sure you are who I am seeking, especially since, you are traveling in a company and I was told the one I seek will be traveling alone."

#30 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:59

My name is Rebtex, I am from Elrad and I am headed for Lanslil. Who are you.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#31 fs_theggold

fs_theggold
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:10

And link says
"And why do you seek the one whom you do?"

#32 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:53

Upon hearing the answer from Rebtex, the windchild walks out.

"I am Talia."

"The message I may only tell you in privacy. It is under geas."

The windchild walks away from the other, never looking if Rebtex follows. When about 100 meters away, "You have the ability to enter my mind, do so, unlock the words and hear them. Not even I am allowed to know what they are."

Rebtex enters the mind of Talia. After what felt like hours of traveling in a dark void he came to a door. It bears the the Elven Royal Crest and a sigil matching his own family crest. Bringing his signet ring to it, the door opened.

In an elvish voice you recognize, King Linlaos. "The fortress of Lanslil even now comes under siege. I order you to find further forces and tell them to go to Door where mages will be waiting to transport them to Lanslil. Ensure all are under the lead of one of the Landsguard. Tell no one where Door is. I fear the enemy even now attempts to infiltrate and gain knowledge of location of Door and how to use it. I await you arrival."

The room fades and all is black again. Then withdrawing you return to the light of the real world.

#33 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:35

OT: Natalie Rebtex doesn't have any family, his father is dead and he never knew his mother. My third or fourth post mentions this.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#34 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:40

Rebtex was astonished at this news. The job of recruiting soldiers was taken seriously throughout the kingdom and for the king to ask someone he had never even met before was a big risk. Rebtex thought about the fact that this could be a trap but something inside him told him it wasn't. He packed his bags and told the others that they weren't headed for Lanslil anymore. He then turned to the newfound windchild. "You may accompany us if you want but it is quite treacherous." As the others inquired about where they were going Rebtex turned and said in a stern voice, "We are going to Mitoa." And with that he saddled Abo and started riding West not even looking to see whether they were following him. His mind was elsewhere.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#35 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:53

The windchild takes to the air and flying near Rebtex says, "Normally I charge for services, but I saw what happened to Elrad while hunting for you. I will claim my pay others in the future. I will try to watch for enemies from the air. Hopefully I will catch any potential ambushes before they are fully set up."

The windchild then rapidly climbs to where it appears little more than a slow moving bird (about 500 meters).

#36 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 14:13

Mitoa was in the West lands of Eagos. The Shadowlord hadn't crossed over to Eagos because he intended to cut of Eagos from Mirdan, therefore keeping the dwarves and elves from joining forces. That also meant to reach Mitoa one would have to go straight into the belly of the beast, they would have to go through the Shadowlord's forces. As soon as they left the elven continent of Mirdan they would pass through the once beautiful Mora, which was now an unpopulated, vast wasteland.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#37 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:26

As Link and Toshkir struggled to catch up Rebtex yelled back at them in short choppy sentences. Eventually he slowed his pace to allow them to catch up. When they got near he gave them a very brief explanation of what they were doing. He told them not the purpose of the journey but the journey itself. He had not known them long enough to trust them. For all he knew they could be spies. Seeing the look of disbelief in their eyes, he grabbed Abo's reins and steers him forward at a trot. He wasn't trying to be rude necessarily but he was worried. He thought Lanslil was a safe haven. The fact that it was under attack at this very moment and that the king was desperate enough to recruit his help for reinforcements was unnerving. He almost thought of declining the Windchild's message but that would have been disloyalty and disrespect two things which Rebtex despised. For some reason he never once thought of doubting the Windchild. He knew that they were by nature good hearted and had never heard of an evil one. He suddenly realize he trusted the Windchild more than his other companions, he decided he would confide in the Windchild the meaning of the journey.

OT: More people are welcome to join at anytime. The more the merrier!

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#38 fs_theggold

fs_theggold
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:36

As the party kept going they had to go through a very dense forest. Rebtex was paying no attention to what was going on around him and seemed deep in though. As Rebtex rode along he almost guided Abo into a small poisoned spear set upon the ground, but Link haste-fully stopped him.

#39 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:43

Rebtex looks at the spear placed in the ground. He grabbed it up from the ground and threw it with all his might into the thick underbrush. Suddenly he heard a gut wrenching howl and in no time they were surrounded by orcs. They weren't under the Shadowlord's control though, they were highwaymen. They would kill innocent travelers and take their possessions. Rebtex dismounted Abo and looked at the one with the spear sticking out of his abdomen. Without even thinking he used his psionic powers and snapped his neck. As the orc fell to ground the others looked in astonishment. As the one who was apparently the leader strode forward he eyed Rebtex with his one eye. The other was covered by a battered cloth but even that couldn't hide the giant scratch that ran across his face from forehead to ear. He spoke in near perfect elvish, "Why do you come here?" Rebtex watched this orc in utter amazement he had just spoken elvish in a near perfect fashion as if it were normal. Something was odd about this orc. And despite his heritage he didn't seem evil, he seemed lost.

OT: I would like to reserve next post to properly introduce the orc leader.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#40 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:50

Character Name: Ishkar
Race: Orcish
Fighting Style, Weapons, and Dress: Wears a torn and tattered sack shirt with a knife strap across the chest capable of holding 2 hunting knives. He is a tactical leader. His main skills are with a long sword and he is a semi-capable archer. He is aggressive but not foolish. He knows when to retreat and when to push forward.
History: He was born in Amdar but his parents shunned him. He ran away and grew up within the forests. He lived alone for the first part of his life but realized the dangers of it. He then started growing a rather prominent gang. At first they were peaceful but as time grew they became more and more hostile and greedy. Eventually he only maintained the illusion of control. He could take any one member on but there were so many now it was all he could do to appear in command. He would be overjoyed if he were to have his old peaceful life back.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: