Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 January 2011 - 20:37

Character Name: Duda
Race: Human
Fighting Style, Weapons, and Dress: Drunken Monk Style. Being a Monk for the last 76 years Duda has spent many months in deep meditation, planing out future battles, decisions, and walks of life. Duda carries a endless bottle of "elixir" which enhances his Drunken Monk style of combat. Across his back he carries a staff made of snakewood. He left the Temple of Esraw at age 98 and has been a traveler ever since. If he ever loses his bottle of "elixir" his strength is drained.

Duda had been following an Orc for sometime, studying its movements and watching as it feasted upon deer, rabbit and rats. On that very day he noticed a campfire as he was scouting for Fire Moss to add a special twange to his elixir. He watch as the Orc approached cautiously upon the fellow traveler, who look worn from the days events. He crept up and circled around the orc just as he was about to pounce from the shadows and buried his staff deep into the orc's skull. Duda stumbled into the encampment and, with a hiccup, introduced himself.

Ummmm you barely followed the stroyline, what about the giant battle, where were you then, and plus he already jumped from the shadows, plus he isn't a bad character. Please read the ENTIRE thread before posting. As for now, I use my reserved right to ignore posts.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#63 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 00:41

As the party was resting at a cold camp, Talia finally had time to talk to Toshkir.

"I thought magicians tried to stay away for direct battle. I saw you sneaking up on the shadow thing. I did my best to draw his attention to me, so you could get closer. Are you trained in the assassin's arts too or is it just that you had to get close to use your spells on something like that?"

"You were almost to him when you rescued me from that next spell of his, I saw it headed right at me. I just wish you could have gotten him, instead of having to rescue me by teleporting us back to where the others had been."

#64 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:29

Toshkir looked at Talia for a little bit and then said, "I did not teleport US back into the valley. I brought YOU back into the valley, so we could regroup. I was about to do the same for the others, when you pointed to Rebtex signalling us to go to where he was. I was never on the hill."

Talia looking confused, "I swear that I saw an orc sneaking up on the shadow thing. That is why I kept flying near it and firing arrows at it. To keep its attention my direction. If it was not you, then who..."

Suddenly she felt a knife at her throat...

After a brief panic, Talia realized whoever it was that had her, was not used to crouching down to hold a prisoner and was actually a little open. Also the individual was apparently watching everyone but her. Slowly she drew a small hunting knife and placed it where she could tell his genitals were.

She said, "I wonder, which would be worse, me a quick death, or you immasculated. Even as I die, I think I can make the cut.", as she applied a little pressure herself.

"Who are you?"

#65 fs_specter7

fs_specter7
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:00

Meanwhile, on a faraway land filled with darkness, Specter was observing the group using his shadows. He laughed, seemingly amused with the sudden turn of events. “These creatures really are amusing. I wonder what will happen to them once the master has initiated his plan. Oh well, as if I really care what happens to this pathetic group of peons. Soon you will all be bowing down to the might of the Shadowlord.” He paused to look at the time and smiled. “Time to continue with my work.” With that he turned around and disappeared, leaving behind an unearthly laugh that echoed for miles.

#66 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 17:36

I am hoping to bring this back. Will anyone else join in if I do?

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#67 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 17:53

As soon as the knife appeared at Talia's throat Rebtex sprang up from the log. The sudden burst of action left him dizzy but he shook it off. As soon as he saw the scar on the Orc's face he recognized him. He was the one who's mind lacked the natural taint of evil most Orcs were born with. He was also the one who had been helping them kill the Orc's. Rebtex almost felt gratitude towards the Orc until he was brought back to the situation at hand. This twist of events didn't make sense. There had to be more to this than what met the eye.

Character Switch

Ishkar saw the knife approach his manhood as he eyed each member of the party. "Wait". He shouted in elvish as he saw an array of weapons turn towards him. "I do not wish any harm to this party. I simply wish to travel with you until the edge of this mess of monsters." With that he stood up slowly and dropped his knife.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#68 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:19

"Wise choice. Even had you cut my throat, I doubt my friends would have let you live." snarled Talia. "Sit and speak. He,", pointing and glaring at Rebtex, "appears willing to listen. You will have to explain very well as I do not like knives at my throat."

#69 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 20:58

As Ishkar slowly started to explain his story to the group, Rebtex tried his best to focus on the Orc's story while at the same time, examine his mind for any hint that he might be lying. When he found none, he slowly nodded and began to speak in a low tone. "We have been traveling for days. Our destination, Mora is still a long ways away, and with the apparent abundance of the Shadowlord's minions, we could use all the help we can get. Get some equipment off the dead and meet us back here, so we can continue our ride.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#70 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 21:33

"Are you sure he can be trusted? I see you are willing to give him a chance, but he is an orc."

"HE came from the group that attacked us. At least the other orc had a good reason for choosing to leave orc society, he was an outcast anyway. This one claims to have been a leader of the orc 'bandits'. To me that is just another phrase for orc officer in raiding party."

"I think I will take first watch. I will wake you when it is your watch. If you do not mind, I am going to do some scouting around for anyone or anything. The trees are mostly separated here, and so I should be able to see from the sky. Hopefully no one trying to sneak up on us will be looking for me up there. When you start your watch, I will just sleep up in this tree. Near the TOP."

OOC: Yes, Talia is prejudiced against orcs. She has seen their actions most of her life. They do not speak well of members of the race. She is terrified of orcs and furious at orcs and does not trust them. Give her time. She may come to accept that all orcs are not like what she has seen. She is not hostile to the orc mage, not friendly, but not hostile. This orc she will be fairly obviously hostile towards if not actually attacking because she accepts the authority of rebtex.

#71 Godblade75

Godblade75

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:30

Tokshir slowly approached, trudging up the hill in his oversized boots, nearing Talia, Rebtex, and Ishkar. (People, I'm just going to make him speak English now, It's bothersome to make up elvish every time he speaks.) His eyes widened, and his mouth dropped. "This, this is..."

"Rebtex! This man, the one who calls himself Ishkar! He cannot be trusted!"

Rebtex raised his eyebrows inquisitively. "Keep your voice down, he is just ahead," he replied. But it was too late. The orc called Ishkar whirled around in a flash. "Go on," he said, flashing his teeth at them.

Tokshir glared at him, eyes full of hatred. "Very well. His name is not Ishkar. He is Kirsha, my brother. This is Ishkar rearranged. He was banished from our village after he killed my entire family. I repeat, he cannot be trusted."

godblade.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: