Photo

New Titans to come. What would you like to see?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2012 - 16:11

Hey there Everyone.

With the changes to Titan Hunting, we feel we can now produce more Titans for hunting throughout the game. This thread is me asking you, the Fallen Sword Community, what levels would you like to see new Titans and even what items you might like as drops!

Let us know what you'd like to see!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 16:18

A good start would be to have at least 1 titan every 100 levels. If that isn't enough for the titan hunters to get their fix then add in the mid levels (every 50 levels). Should keep you busy BG :wink:

#3 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 16:18

Copy/pasted from the other thread (I think this is the correct place for it)

I think these changes do benefit the community as a whole (and the script preventing is something that no one should complain about)

But I do see the point of view of FFS et al. The 7 day cooldown is a bit like saying to a football team, sorry you've won the league too many times. So from now on every time you win, you won't be allowed to particpate next season.

Soooo.. perhaps leagues are a possible work around for this. Could the Titans be tiered? For example tier one Titans give normal TKP and 1 drop for each secured win, but can only be hunted by the top 10 Titan hunting guilds in the game (based on all time guild TKP total)

Teir 2 Titans give half TKP and require 2 secured wins by the same guild for a drop, and can only be hunted by guilds ranked 10-50 for Titan hunting.

Teir 3 gives 25% xp, and require 4 secured wins - available only to guilds ranked 50-100

and Finally tier 5 titans that give 10% of normal TKP and require 10 wins for an item, available to anyone else (but not the higher ranked guilds)

#4 Lostdog

Lostdog

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 16:19

would it be possible for titan to drop an epic potion? Say if the guild secures the titan then all the players who helped with the titan get that specific potion put into their mailbox? Like how global quest work say you need at least 100 kills to qualify for the potion if you get the secure. And for tkp works the same way, only the players who hunted the titan and got "x" amount of kills get the potion in your guild when you get enough TKP

#5 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 16:20

I would like to see something different, if it is possible, how about a new Titan, lvl 350.... that drops 2 items? the first Epic Set! (I think).... maybe armor/ammy or boots/ring, you also have the choice of both items as rewards when you get enough KP? :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2012 - 16:21

A good start would be to have at least 1 titan every 100 levels. If that isn't enough for the titan hunters to get their fix then add in the mid levels (every 50 levels). Should keep you busy BG :wink:

*Head Explodes*

Soooo.. perhaps leagues are a possible work around for this. Could the Titans be tiered? For example tier one Titans give normal TKP and 1 drop for each secured win, but can only be hunted by the top 10 Titan hunting guilds in the game (based on all time guild TKP total)

That feels a bit over complicated. Are Players/Guilds gonna mind so much if there are other interesting Titans throughout the game?

#7 Revitalize

Revitalize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 16:22

i would love to see an epic set for lvl 100 or even 200. Weapon and Shield would be more than sufficient. :D

#8 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 November 2012 - 16:25

I think that Titan dropped ring would be good.. Or boots

#9 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 16:25

*Head Explodes*

That feels a bit over complicated. Are Players/Guilds gonna mind so much if there are other interesting Titans throughout the game?

Judging by the posts made by FFS members it seems like they do. I totally understand what you're trying to acheive - ie giving more guilds a shot at a Titan, and it would benefit guilds like ours in a big way. It just seems harsh somehow to effectively penalise the top guilds just for being too good. So maybe something simpler like an extra Titan that only winning guilds can hunt? (ie only guilds who are currently in cooldown for one Titan or another) just in the vein of taking something away with one hand, but giving back with the other

#10 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 November 2012 - 16:27

I don't think epic sets would be a good idea. The concept could be tested with the gnarled scarab or dragon draped epics

#11 Bizz

Bizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 16:40

I personally think that You need to standardize TKP ration for buying epics via TKP.
Level 550 and level 1200 titan have same price (12k TKP). It's a little without point.

It's useless knowledge if not shared.

#12 Eru

Eru

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 16:42

*Head Explodes*

Judging by the posts made by FFS members it seems like they do. I totally understand what you're trying to acheive - ie giving more guilds a shot at a Titan, and it would benefit guilds like ours in a big way. It just seems harsh somehow to effectively penalise the top guilds just for being too good. So maybe something simpler like an extra Titan that only winning guilds can hunt? (ie only guilds who are currently in cooldown for one Titan or another) just in the vein of taking something away with one hand, but giving back with the other

+1 to this at least.. As it is, with how aggressively titan oriented most of my guild is, this would AT LEAST give me something to attempt.. Or much more titans would be decent for the people that hunt for fun (like me) and bad for the people that hunt for profit because more epics = less value per epic.. Unless you made some recipes or something of the sort that would use other epics to make new epics? Just a thought.

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2012 - 17:00

It just seems harsh somehow to effectively penalise the top guilds just for being too good.

I really don't see it as penalising them if it is giving us the reason to add more new Titans, giving them many more to hunt. The Titans were not supposed to be monopolized.

Unless you made some recipes or something of the sort that would use other epics to make new epics? Just a thought.

I have no problem with that idea either.

#14 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 17:04

Agreed, any reason for new titans is a good thing, and if there's enough of them so that no guild can be in cooldown for all of them at the same time (therefore making it impossible for their members to hunt any titans at all on a particular day) it should all work fine

To put a more positive spin on it, it just seems a nice reward for the guilds who are more successful, to have an exclusive titan to hunt during their cooldown period. Overall, it's all good stuff though

#15 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 17:20

Considering the normal titans (no elementals or seasonals), these are probably good levels to make new titans:

lvl 25
lvl 180
lvl 200
lvl 300
lvl 350
lvl 400
lvl 450
lvl 600
lvl 700
lvl 800
lvl 1000

I wouldnt enforce much on high level titans as you guys want more players joining the titan hunting

Edit:
And it would be good if all of the new titans used one epic item to be invented, that way the prices wouldnt drop too fast

#16 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 November 2012 - 17:40

Considering the normal titans (no elementals or seasonals), these are probably good levels to make new titans:

lvl 25
lvl 180
lvl 200
lvl 300
lvl 350
lvl 400
lvl 450
lvl 600
lvl 700
lvl 800
lvl 1000

I wouldnt enforce much on high level titans as you guys want more players joining the titan hunting

I see we share quite a few thoughts there. Though I think with all the new titans one of them can be a high level titan. :wink:

There are basically 3 types of titans: seasonal (2), elemental (4) and the rest (9).
The seasonal titans are level 180 and 300.
The elemental titans are level 100, 300, 500 and 700.
The other titans are level 60, 100, 260, 400, 550, 700, 900, 1101 and 1200.

The thing with new titans is that (in my opinion) the new titans preferably should not be around the same level as existing titans. But if it happens then it's best if the titans are of a different type (so a new level 180 normal titan is less of a problem than a new level 260 normal titan because Wickermans (180) is a seasonal titan and Skaldir (260) is also a normal titan).
Another aspect is that titans (usually) drop epic items. If a new titan is of a certain level then it'll likely drop an item of that same level. If a new level 500 normal titan is released then the drop will probably be of the same level as the level 500 water trident which is dropped by the elemental titan. For titan hunters the new titan will fill a gap between Fuvayu (400) and Tsuki (550), so that makes the level of the titan quite nice. But the epic item will be of the same level as another epic and that is less optimal.
But in the end, I think the level of a titan is more important than the level of its drop. So if the drop is the same level of another epic item (inventable or so) then so be it.

Considering the elemental titans are only nice for the quests (I doubt anyone hunts then after that) and the seasonal titans only appear for a short time each year, I think it's safe to say we can ignore the seasonal and elemental titans when it comes to finding levels for new normal titans.

For normal titans it would be nice to have a fair spread of titans over the levels with a bit more than average number of titans in the lower levels and a few less than average number of titans in the higher levels.

So with titans at level 60, 100, 260, 400, 550, 700, 900, 1101 and 1200, I would say there might be room for:
new titans around level 35, 175, 330, 475, 625, 800, 1000 and 1400.
The normal titan will then be of level 35, 60, 100, 175, 260, 330, 400, 475, 550, 625, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1101, 1200 and 1400
Then the gaps between the normal titans are 35, 25, 40, 75, 85, 70, 70, 75, 75, 75, 75, 100, 100, 100, 101, 99 and 200. That would seem like a nice spread of the normal titans to me. 8)

The drops can be various. Epic items would seem obvious, but they can also drop a number of potions instead.

Many titan hunters would like their drops to have some value and the game (in my opinion) doesn't need a lot of overpowered potions. So it might be nice to have titans drop a number of smaller but still really good potions and the potions can be bought with TKP (but at a lower TKP price than epic items).

For example, if a guild gets >50% of the kills a titan drops 10 potions with KE350, DC300, Terrorize350 and Sanctuary400 (I don't know if these levels are good enough to be considered an epic drop, but you get the idea). And the potions can be bought for 800 TKP each (so the total drop of 10 potions would be worth 8,000 TKP).

I don't have given other options for drops much thought. But I might do that some time later. :wink:

Edit:
And it would be good if all of the new titans used one epic item to be invented, that way the prices wouldnt drop too fast

That could work. It would increase the price of already existing epics. 8)
But it should be handled with care. Otherwise the price of some epics might sky-rise if demand for the new epics is too great. :shock:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#17 Lostdog

Lostdog

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 17:40

For the recipes maybe make two old epics = one new epic that way we dont have more epics in the game then active players like it is now.

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2012 - 17:46

This stuff could work, sure!

Stuff

You've melted my brain. I'll read this properly tomorrow morning.

For the recipes maybe make two old epics = one new epic that way we dont have more epics in the game then active players like it is now.

Could do. Is two epic a touch pricey? It'd certainly get them outta the game though. Maybe make older titans enticing again.

#19 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 November 2012 - 18:13

Could do. Is two epic a touch pricey? It'd certainly get them outta the game though. Maybe make older titans enticing again.

It can be rather pricey.

Some epics are worth a few dozen FSP (elemental epics), some are worth around 200 FSP (Kraken), others are worth 350 FSP (Krimson Kardic, Ogalith, Fuvayu, Skaldir, Tsuki) and some even more (most RP-inventable epics, Elemental Shield (650), Graganath (700), Epidemicus(900)).
So it depends a lot on which epics are used.

Also if a titan needs to be hunted for an ingredient (for a new inventable epic that also requires two other epics) then the hunters will still want to get some FSP compensation for their effort, time and stamina.
For example, a new epic helmet that requires a new titan drop plus the Krimson Kardic Helmet and the Tsuki helmet will cost 700 FSP plus what the titan hunters will charge for the ingredient.
Also the price of the Tsuki and Krimson helmets might even rise due to higher demand.

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#20 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 18:51

Question before posting any ideas: can the new titans drop items that are sets?

I would like items that are used for something other then stam gain. Sets make the items useful in all game aspects, if there are no plans for sets I have no unique suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: