7 replies to this topic

#1 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 22:11

Hello HCS,

This was brought up by one of our member. We have 9 types of item: Gloves, Helmet, Amulet, Weapon, Armor, Shield, Ring, Boots, and Rune.
What about Pants?

Would you consider adding a new item type called Trouser or something like that?

Thanks,

#2 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 22:31

At this point in the game I think adding pants or any other items piece would be difficult at best. New items would have to be added across all level ranges and it would really mess with any existing sets since the pants would be an extra item or all new sets created involving the pants. In shorts (hehe), adding a new item is much easier to think of than to implement.

Screenshot everything!

#3 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 23:13

Yotekiller, I understand your points.
But how can a warrior fights without wearing pants hahhaha?
The winter breeze along could defeat the warrior.

#4 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 December 2012 - 23:46

Why would a ring have roughly the same stats as a weapon? Is my ring that lethal?
Why would my armor have damage? Will I have an armor piece with spikes and will I then run into the creatures?
Why does my amulet have attack? How can it enable me to hit creatures; why wouldn't I be able to hit them without it?

Ahhh, the questions of life (in FS). :mrgreen:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#5 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 00:22

Hello HCS,

This was brought up by one of our member. We have 9 types of item: Gloves, Helmet, Amulet, Weapon, Armor, Shield, Ring, Boots, and Rune.
What about Pants?

Would you consider adding a new item type called Trouser or something like that?

Thanks,

I think the term you mean is legs/belt.

#6 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 00:43

by having 10 set pieces, you also could potentially have 5 full sets equipped. That would make Keen Edge and Smashing Hammers very very powerful.

KE 175 with 4 sets = 70%
KE 175 with 5 sets = 87.5% now

SH 175 with 4 sets = 35%
SH 175 with 5 sets = 43.75% now.

Also I agree with the previous poster about no sets would have pants. you would have to go back and make new sets that would break other useful sets. This is why adding new gear to the game is NOT ALWAYS a good thing. it can do a lot of harm.

Would probably go in the never going to happen pile, but then again pvp protection wasn't suppose to exist either.

#7 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:35

At this point in the game I think adding pants or any other items piece would be difficult at best. New items would have to be added across all level ranges and it would really mess with any existing sets since the pants would be an extra item or all new sets created involving the pants. In shorts (hehe), adding a new item is much easier to think of than to implement.

agreed... mostly... the only way that 10th item spot could be added (and if i were a cow the only way i would even consider it) was if it was made totally optional and separate from the other 9 (so not pants lol) and never ever part of a set. i doubt i would even put stats on that slot maybe and its a big maybe but maybe enhancements. the most creative use for it that i saw was someone wanting it for pets however having a pet there they level up and then you use them in a battle arena.. i kinda liked the sound of that

#8 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 17 December 2012 - 17:41

Why would a ring have roughly the same stats as a weapon? Is my ring that lethal?
Why would my armor have damage? Will I have an armor piece with spikes and will I then run into the creatures?
Why does my amulet have attack? How can it enable me to hit creatures; why wouldn't I be able to hit them without it?

Ahhh, the questions of life (in FS). :mrgreen:

Simple answer to your question: Magic :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: