Photo

Something to help combat the simplicity of levelling these days.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
184 replies to this topic

#41 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:17

I started the thread and, by default, I championed Composing ?

Maybe I did - when it first launched - in its initial 50 level cap, but pandering to those who wanted the cap raising from 50 to 60 (and thus making some of the already high level potions, even higher level) was most definitely not championed by me. I was against it, just as I am against it being raised even further.

I was against it then because I could see what it would become, just as I am now, but reality is it will never be nerfed So another solution needs to be found.

#42 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 January 2016 - 15:01

Make it so that biffs can only be cast on you if you have the correct level to get it and adjust composing pots level wise must be lvl xxx to drink stuff like that adjust composing pots by upping the frag costs so that it costs more to make em and adjust critter stats to these potions everybody deinks them nowadays else you can always resort to 2 hitting or counter attack etc

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#43 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 17:03

No to having the composing skills spread out further. Being a person who is almost at the ceiling of level 60 I do not ant my achievement diminished or rather that the carrot on the end of the line being moved further way, that will simply lead me, and most likely others, to feel further resentment.

I'd actually like to see nerfing of potions and increased difficulty of mobs...Especially in the higher levels to say the least. Lets get rid of this 1 hitting standard and open the playing field for even 2 hitting again. Still make 1 hitting possible but it should be a luxury in the higher levels. 2 hitting opens up the field to so many assortments of sets which will result in less supply and more demands for a variety of sets...Not just 9 certain items for each range.

***Edit

Maybe in the next composing update to 70 do not make the skills more powerful simply spread the current level out more. Opposed to hitting 480 SH at level 60 make it 70? Although this will in return create a problem years down the road when everyone's 70... Solution??? Once you get past a certain determined lvl you can always make say CoA 300 CoD 300 SH 300 at level 50? Lets say the composing max level is 60. You will have a fixed time period that will reset every so often to create potions better than level 50. Lets say every 6-12 months all the composers that are over level 50 will reset back to 50 and be allowed to level back to 60. This will in return cause a good gold sink/frag sink aswell as create competition in composing. It will also somewhat nerf composing pots as there won't be nearly as easy to obtain...It's either that or totally nerf and scale down the composing levels. Think this is a fair median for those high level composers 50+.

^

Everyone has to take a hit for the games health...If not your just plain stingy. Ofcourse you'll be angry and feel jipped but you'll learn to live with it and accept it. The cows fault for rewarding anyone with the skill levels anyways blame them. They should of never showed anyone it. Pretty sure as it is right now with composing pots i can put on a level 1200 hunting set and 1 eoc mobs? Might even be able to make due with a level 1000 set i'd have to see the buffed up stats tho. You can't say that's healthy for the game... Believe my proposition beats the alternative to just nerfing the levels across the board for the sake of the high level composers...

Edited by EpicPiety, 31 January 2016 - 17:09.

#44 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:21

Leave things as they are for players like me who follow in your footsteps. Stop trying to prevent us from having what you had just because you are at or near EOC now and do not have enough challenge. 

Instead, let the admin make the next release a pain in your backside so you can have a challenge again.  I, and other players, will have something to look forward to when we get to where you are now.

Nerf the potions for the next content release, buff up the beasties, and trash the gear.

I'll follow your progress here.

#45 tacokiller

tacokiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:31

Leave things as they are for players like me who follow in your footsteps. Stop trying to prevent us from having what you had just because you are at or near EOC now and do not have enough challenge.

Instead, let the admin make the next release a pain in your backside so you can have a challenge again. I, and other players, will have something to look forward to when we get to where you are now.

Nerf the potions for the next content release, buff up the beasties, and trash the gear.

I agree with you Pythia, they shouldn't make the game harder for us but they should make it harder for the EOC players. EOC want a challenge then give it to them in the new realm releases.

#46 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:01

It's not that EoC is too easy ALL levels are too easy...Once you get 1000-1200 you never have to buy a new hunting set again. Just pop some composing and its a free win... I think the hardest levels to level are 1-500ish the mobs are pretty difficult. It's not a matter of EoC vs NoN EoC its a matter of the game is dumbed down way too much. The game as it is now only starts getting easier to level from level 1...Should be the reverse. The potions that were released weren't really given much thought to do with skill level. Believe it or not SH 480/coa 350 so on and so forth creates so many unspeakable problems to do with set variation and the necessity to upgrade gear...

Edited by EpicPiety, 01 February 2016 - 03:04.

#47 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:05

I agree with you Pythia, they shouldn't make the game harder for us but they should make it harder for the EOC players. EOC want a challenge then give it to them in the new realm releases.

Many people who are now EoC went through tremendously harder times to level.... 2-3 hitting was generally the norm...Either that or CA hunts. Do you really feel satisfaction gaining levels by putting on your set and loading up with potions and killing each monster with 6-8x the damage you really need? There is a certain challenge:fun ratio the game as a whole is lacking right now with all these op buffs. Vanilla buffs were truly all we needed...With a few slightly more powerful potions as a luxury.

Edited by EpicPiety, 01 February 2016 - 03:12.

#48 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:30

This game is still not easy for me. I rarely 1 hit most times it's 2 or more. I still die if I don't watch my imps. Yes, I sometimes have to have a necromancer raise them from the dead for me. 

My composing level is 5 and I use my own except when a special occasion comes up. (GvG with TTF, I did not give them permission to spank me.)

Yes, I am happy with the way I am progressing,  1 level per hunt if I mess something up, 2 levels per hunt normally, 3 levels per hunt when the gods smile on me. My potions are normal ones I buy in the Bazaar or the AH.  Epic chests when I need a BIG AM or LF or some extra bang for special circumstances. I support my fellow FS residents by buying buffs in the buff market. Maybe I don't need all the ones I buy, but I like helping out others.

Yes, I could have bigger potions if I asked Chewy, he would make for me. What you and others are suggesting would make things much harder for me than they need to be.   In wanting to make those changes that would impact me and everyone else below EOC or near there is not right in my eyes.

#49 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:42

Instead, let the admin make the next release a pain in your backside so you can have a challenge again.  I, and other players, will have something to look forward to when we get to where you are now.

Whilst I understand what you're saying, you're also uninformed (I suspect) about additions made to the game since those of us at EOC went through lower levels. New buffs made the game easier and easier, over-powered potions made it easier still and then gear ? well, some of the buffs that work with gear now make the olden days a fond memory :)

So,  in essence, it's NOT trying to take away from you what we had - it's more a case of trying to limit stuff that we DIDN'T have when we were hunting thru Levels 1-1500 or so - and that is now nerfing the game

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#50 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:43

Do you guys down there realise just how easy you have it now, compared to when us at EOC were going thru those levels ? - if you think it's tough now, you REALLY should have tried it back then :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#51 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:55

Yes, Pardoux, I do know, because some of the things beings asked to be nerfed came into being after I started playing. Or I did not know about them when I first started playing, because I was learning.   I used CA at different levels to help me.

After learning, I still would not ask that things be nerfed because some people are unhappy.

There are players here that I have watched pass me and who are now nearing or at EOC.  They sure were running fast.

Pardoux,  what is, is, what will be, will be. If the admin decide to change things as they have in the past, I'll probably die more often while I learn again.   But that is part of this game too.

#52 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:33

I don't really care where the devs make it "harder" as long as they recognize that the game is ridiculously unchallenging because of  Composing, Ladder and Global potions having double and triple stat changing skill levels. Bring the game back to what it was, where you don't 1 hit every single level with the same gear for a 1000 levels. PvP is a mess. Players that don't have the over powered pots to use have zero chance to play against players that do. GvG is completely lopsided with players having to retaliate against ambushes from those fighting with super pots.

It's shameful the developers have, to date, not heeded the warnings of players or even acknowledge those who continue to say that the overwhelmingly high level potions have drastically reduced any challenge to the game. It's not surprising the non responsiveness has become the norm. It's the direction the the game is headed. Instead discussion too often is quelled because it reflects poorly on their own work. Ultimately it's the game that suffers as players find increasingly less challenge to play.

The honeymoon is over for many of us that have come to realize the ramifications of these grossly super powered pots. That's why more are starting to speak up! Players in denial of the issue will continue to enjoy playing because they are the ones capable of taking advantage of these pots.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#53 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:09

Let us agree to disagree, because the game is not easy for me, nor is it impossible hard.

I rarely one hit, I do not strive to one hit.

I do not  use over powered potions as they are called, unless the calling is well above and beyond my norm.

But if things are changed, they change for me too, and I don't want them to change for me because I work hard enough as it is.  I'm pretty much doing it on what the game and playing members make for sale. 

Last shot through, don't use those things if they offend you.  Leave them in the AH, the Bazaar or wherever else they may be found.  In time I'll have enough stam to make it into the top 100 on the GEs and stay there.

Things were hard when you started, they were hard when I started. I don't mind things being a little easier now, because it's still not to easy.

#54 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:30

I don't wish to be rude pythia but its because you aren't playing the game efficiently. Your stuck in the olden times :P. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing...Essentially your playing the game how we are asking it to be... It wouldn't necessarily get any harder for you. It would actually in a sense make the game a little bit more fair for you. People won't be whizzing by you.

Edited by EpicPiety, 01 February 2016 - 06:31.

#55 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:38

Essentially with how everything is now...The strong get stronger and the weak get weaker.

#56 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:56

I don't consider your comment rude EP.  I'm not trying to be a power leveler I'm on a slow walk through this game, pausing here and there to flip rocks over, maybe hug a tree if it's not on fire, oggle the light house with the real turning light on it, totter through the mist here and there and all the while making sure those man eating flowers don't get to close to me.

All in all, I'm having a lot of fun, laughing and talking with guild mates and others. Some on here, some in the game.

I found something in Winemakers bio that totally sums up my style of play..  If I may share it here Winemaker, please don't be mad at me. lol

This is sooo me in my retirement:   This Game is a High Dollar Hobby and I Try to do the Best I can on a Dollar Menu Budget!

#57 MyCurse

MyCurse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:13

Agree with Pardoux here. I too miss the time when the game was actually a challenge, when finding setups for different things required ingenuity and craft and not just overpowered legendary sets along with overpowered epic potions.

I think that's what hooked me in the first place? Math is fun, and it used to involve calculations and theorycrafting to find out the best setup for hunting or PvP.

As of this moment, I think only a tiny fraction of common/unique/rare items are actually used in the game, the redundancy is shocking. 

Don't really see it happening, since things have been the same for years, but just my 2 cents.

Edited by MyCurse, 01 February 2016 - 07:13.

#58 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:42

I don't consider your comment rude EP.  I'm not trying to be a power leveler I'm on a slow walk through this game, pausing here and there to flip rocks over, maybe hug a tree if it's not on fire, oggle the light house with the real turning light on it, totter through the mist here and there and all the while making sure those man eating flowers don't get to close to me.

All in all, I'm having a lot of fun, laughing and talking with guild mates and others. Some on here, some in the game.

I found something in Winemakers bio that totally sums up my style of play..  If I may share it here Winemaker, please don't be mad at me. lol

This is sooo me in my retirement:   This Game is a High Dollar Hobby and I Try to do the Best I can on a Dollar Menu Budget!

Yup mentioned to him I liked that quote last week :)

#59 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:43

We'll need to delevel folks like me who have already reached EOC using the easier path. It would be unfair to all the old timers who had to go 4 miles to school every day through snow, hurricanes and the gauntlet of alligators and snow leopards. Can't just penalize the less efficient folk. Maybe subtract 1,500 levels to all those with join dates after Jan 2008.

#60 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:52

We'll need to delevel folks like me who have already reached EOC using the easier path. It would be unfair to all the old timers who had to go 4 miles to school every day through snow, hurricanes and the gauntlet of alligators and snow leopards. Can't just penalize the less efficient folk. Maybe subtract 1,500 levels to all those with join dates after Jan 2008.

I HOPE you're being sarcastic there, given that newer players have it  SIGNIFICANTLY easier than older players had going thru content :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: